Author Topic: Football  (Read 230456 times)

Offline Robbie G

• Management board member
Re: Football
« Reply #480 on: July 04, 2018, 02:01:33 pm »
I visited Oriel Mon ( Llangefni ) yesterday there is a superb exhibition of paintings by Owain Fon Williams of the Wales Squad at the 2016 Euro championships ,Owain Fon Williams was a member of the squad and his paintings are absolutely brilliant ,the portrait of Gareth Bale is the highlight but equally the rest of his work is outstanding .
The exhibition is on until the 5/8/2018 ,well worth a visit . 

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #481 on: September 01, 2018, 06:53:38 am »
Next Saturday Llandudno fc host Barry Town Utd at Maesdu Park,for some reason the people of Llandudno struggle to embrace their club,Caernarfon had 1,300 at a game last nite which is brilliant,i think the Welsh community there gets people together unlike town where we struggle to get over 300

Offline Robbie G

« Reply #482 on: September 01, 2018, 07:48:35 pm »
 The Caernarfon Town manager is a Llandudno lad

Offline Hugo

« Reply #483 on: December 08, 2018, 12:54:46 pm »
I've just been reading in today's Daily Mirror about a Nationwide scheme for football teams from under 6 to under 11 that's being introduced to help maintain the morale of youth sides that get thrashed regularly.
The "power play" let's teams losing by four goals or more to bring on another player and even add a 13th if they still ship goals
I hope that it's never going to apply to the Premier league although I'm sure that my cousin Norman would be happy to see 12 or 13 Everton players on the field!        ;D

Offline DVT

« Reply #484 on: December 08, 2018, 03:23:07 pm »
Isn't that another instance of the world going soft?  OK, team is getting thrashed - shouldn't that be an incentive for them to try harder, learn from their mistakes and see how the opposition is managing to turn them over so easily.  Sorry, kids have to learn, sometimes maybe the hard way - but playing against better oppositon can only improve your own game, regardless of what sport it is.

Look at the Scottish Highland League - Fort William finished bottom last year with a negative goal difference of about 150, they're well on the way to repeating that this year, and have also been docked 9 points for ineligible players so are currently on a points score of minus 7 having managed two drawn games!!!  Yet they seem to keep playing every week - if they were allowed to bring on an extra player for every goal against above 4 they would end some matches with 19 players on the field (yes, I know that's not quite the new rule!).

Wonder what would have happened if Bournemouth had been allowed to bring on a couple more players for the last 15 minutes of today's game?!!!

Offline Hugo

« Reply #485 on: December 08, 2018, 04:58:18 pm »
I think that we would still have  won DVT        ;D

It's a crackpot idea and should not have been given the go ahead in the first place as it doesn't teach the children anything.

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #486 on: December 09, 2018, 09:53:23 am »
Another stupid idea, when I managed junior football we suggested a rep side, to play teams from different parts of GB , if you remember the swifts used to get hammered every week but never gave up ,Nev and Joey didn't do too bad .these guys making the suggestions I bet have never played .

Offline DVT

« Reply #487 on: December 18, 2018, 07:33:59 pm »
... as a Liverpool fan I won't make any other comment!!!  I'm sure there are a number of ManU fans amongst forum members!!!

Offline stefos

« Reply #488 on: December 24, 2018, 12:31:07 pm »
I don't know if any of you watched Saturdays live match on S4C - 'Sgorio' - Barry Town versus Caernarvon (Wales Premier league) but the match was refereed by Llandudno's Cheryl Foster.
Wales's only female et cetera.....

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #489 on: December 24, 2018, 01:00:37 pm »
Yes, I watched some of it and wondered if she managed a lift to Barry and back from the Caernarfon Manager or isn’t that allowed?  :)

Offline Hugo

« Reply #490 on: December 24, 2018, 05:21:23 pm »
I didn't see the game as I was watching the Everton match.      :'(

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #491 on: February 06, 2019, 09:11:28 am »

Offline Hugo

« Reply #492 on: February 06, 2019, 03:56:50 pm »
Another sad plane crash but the timing of this communication between the two clubs is not in good taste

Emiliano Sala: Nantes demand transfer fee from Cardiff City

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47146614

Offline mull

« Reply #493 on: February 06, 2019, 04:58:55 pm »
A lot yet to be sorted on this case.
Such as who booked and organised the flight and was that planeand pilot licenced to make an overnight flight over the sea.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #494 on: February 10, 2019, 02:59:52 pm »
Does anyone else have sympathy with our local youth team because I certainly do.