Author Topic: Football  (Read 230341 times)

Offline hollins

• Management board member
Re: Football
« Reply #465 on: December 02, 2016, 08:33:02 am »
 Oh how wonderful for you all. Good luck to him for his future career.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #466 on: December 02, 2016, 12:08:18 pm »
That is an incredible achievement and I hope he does well in his future football career.      When he's earning mega bucks I'm sure that he'll look after his old Granddad.     $good$

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #467 on: December 02, 2016, 04:08:12 pm »
thank,s for those kind comments i,m still on cloud nine

Offline hollins

« Reply #468 on: February 10, 2017, 03:16:51 pm »
I am back from one of my jaunts to Manchester. I have been having my hair cut by the same person there for many years. Here she is cutting someone else's hair!

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/jamie-carragher-trolls-gary-neville-instagram-about-more-his-haircut

Offline stefos

« Reply #469 on: April 11, 2017, 10:01:52 pm »
 $walesflag$

It's an exciting few weeks for local Cheryl Foster (ex-Liverpool and Wales) as she was in the middle for her first senior match as a women's FIFA referee in a friendly between Ireland and Slovakia in Dublin yesterday (10th April)

Next month she spends eight days in Hungary on World Cup group qualification duty and last week she was in Chester Cathedral, at a cap and gown ceremony to receive her Masters degree. She said that she managed to complete her final dissertation while on an eight day WC group match in Tallin, Estonia a couple of months back.

She is currently Wales's only FIFA referee

Can't keep up with the girl!   $good$

Offline stefos

Offline Hugo

« Reply #471 on: May 02, 2018, 10:35:52 pm »
Roma 4    Liverpool 2   but Liverpool win 7 - 6 on aggregate so are through to the Champions League final

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #472 on: May 03, 2018, 04:07:33 pm »
Good job that very dubious Roma penalty had no real consequence. His hands were by his side.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #473 on: June 13, 2018, 12:16:35 pm »
USA,  Canada and Mexico to jointly hold the world cup in 2026,   

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/44465708

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #474 on: June 14, 2018, 04:13:38 pm »
Ridiculous! They only had it 94 and all three of them are useless. I think we'll be lucky to ever see a World cup in this country again.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #475 on: June 18, 2018, 10:27:30 pm »
England  2     Tunisia 1

Not the most exciting game but a fair result for the better team.   Too many sidewards passing  and back passing for my liking and the ref had a very poor game.
I thought that the new video system would do away with all this holding that's going on for corners etc  but Harry Kane was held and wrestled to the ground far too often, but at least he got his own back in the end.     

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #476 on: June 19, 2018, 11:53:58 am »
The video referee thing is a farce I hope they do away with it, spoiling the game

Offline Hugo

« Reply #477 on: June 19, 2018, 02:59:20 pm »
It certainly didn't help England last night as they should have had two penalties at least.   What is spoiling the game also are players hanging on to opponents in the penalty areas.
If those offences were outside the box then the refs would have no hesitation in blowing their whistle for a foul but when the offence is committed inside the box the refs just seem to bottle it and let them get away with the fouls

Offline squigglev2

« Reply #478 on: June 19, 2018, 03:18:51 pm »
The video referee thing is a farce I hope they do away with it, spoiling the game

Or perhaps they need to learn how to apply it better?  I’ve not watched much of any sport in a while  and can’t comment on how I’ve seen it work in football but I’d have thought it’s use inevitable?  These days, not only do replays show bad refereeing errors but technology also exists and gets more advanced.

(although is can be surprising that even with the benefit of many replays and other help, eg. something to hear a snick in cricket with the ball travelling at 90mph, that a firm conclusion can be impossible…)

Anyway, totally OT but I think the last time this household (or 2 of us) got excited with football was the Euro’s when Wales did so well.  We bought a ddraig goch weather vane we so exictited, really nice one that would look good, albeit unusual, on the bungalow in Norfolk. Still haven’t got anyone to fit it and I can’t manage this one. Maybe one day we will get round to it.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #479 on: June 19, 2018, 04:38:28 pm »
Interesting you say it is inevitable, but just because the technology is there why should that mean we use it?
What's next? Robot goalkeepers? Bluetooth goalposts? I for one think football should be left how it is and has always been....brilliant 8)