Author Topic: Football  (Read 243678 times)

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
Re: Football
« Reply #405 on: February 07, 2016, 11:17:27 pm »
Not like you to have an ulterior motive holins

Offline hollins

• Management board member
« Reply #406 on: February 08, 2016, 07:37:58 am »
Ha! I saw one of his relatives interviewed on the family market stall in Leicester and she said it wasn't a pretty sight and she could say that because they had seen it all before!      :o

Offline Gwynant

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #407 on: February 08, 2016, 09:37:17 am »
Totally agree too. It is so refreshing. I hope they do it so we can see Gary Lineker keep his promise on Match of the Day.

Hollins, surely we have seen enough of aging ex-football players pictured in their underwear with the continuing "exposure" of a certain Mr. Beckham in his "male lingerie" adverts!

Offline hollins

« Reply #408 on: February 08, 2016, 09:50:21 am »
Aging very nicely in Mr Beckham's case though Gywnant!    ;D

Offline Hugo

« Reply #409 on: February 08, 2016, 02:25:19 pm »
Ooh You Are Awful...Hollins   But I Like You!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCCG2Z9LoVk

Offline Hugo

« Reply #410 on: February 11, 2016, 02:45:56 pm »
Moving away from WAGS and all things Beckham, I must admit for my sins supporting Man Utd from about 1956 to the early 1970's and used to go quite often to watch Utd at home.    The only ticket price I can clearly remember paying for, was when I used to sit in the old stand in 1966 and pay £0.25   (decimal equivalent)   Obviously I've been to Old Trafford and other grounds since but I stopped going to watch football in the late 1970's.
When Liverpool FC announced recently that they were thinking of putting the prices of tickets up to £77.00  I was shocked.  There is no way a working family can all go to watch matches at those prices and with the football kits being changed annually these clubs are just ripping off the genuine fans.
I'm just happy to watch it all on TV instead

Offline stefos

« Reply #411 on: March 03, 2016, 11:10:50 pm »
Local girl, ex-footballer Cheryl Foster (Conwy Devils, Bangor city ladies, Liverpool ladies, 64 Wales caps) took up refereeing on retirement and recently qualified as a FIFA referee during her third year since taking up the whistle.
 Her first official appointment in that role is a women's U 17 mini tournament in Bologna whose group include Italy, Netherlands, Finland and Greece. The other two referees in the group include one from Germany and one from the Ukraine. Cheryl will of course represent Wales. There has only ever been one other female Welsh representative.

The tournament is for eight days from the fourteenth of this month and she is grateful to her employers for allowing her to have the time off work (Chester City Council).

She recently returned from a four-day FIFA introduction seminar in Cyprus overseen by football's best-known referee - UEFA's chief refereeing officer Pierluigi Collina who hails from Bologna! Imagine having him as your first referee assessor, should he be there!

More can be seen of this ...er, interesting occupation here -
http://refereeingworld.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/News
If you scroll down you will read the plight of a referee who was shot dead after issuing a red card! Nice

Offline Hugo

« Reply #412 on: March 05, 2016, 09:05:09 am »

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #413 on: March 06, 2016, 02:28:56 am »
Premiership club Tottenham Hotspur have been in negotiations for 12 years to shift a local firm so that they can press ahead and expand their stadium in London, it's been a bitter dispute.
Now, strangely enough we see a mysterious fire in the dead night which has destroyed the firms premises!  Hmmmm.
http://www.tottenhamjournal.co.uk/news/large_fire_at_archway_metal_works_near_spurs_stadium_1_3861278
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline stefos

« Reply #414 on: March 08, 2016, 06:18:30 pm »
A nice article in the Daily Post about Joey.   

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/look-joey-jones-career-pictures-8772587

A tenuous link here to the story above concerning Cheryl.
It was Joey's dad Harry who was watching a football match on the Oval that I was involved in and she was having a kickabout with the subs. After the game he approached me and said that she had talent and should try getting into a team somewhere.
That was nearly a quarter of a century ago. Quite a prophetic outcome!    $walesflag$

Offline Hugo

« Reply #415 on: March 08, 2016, 07:53:15 pm »
Harry was a really nice guy and knew his football and was a keen football fan.   His house in Ffordd Las was called Anfield and Joey got to play there which was great.
Harry was a keen fisherman too and I used to meet him when we went fishing off squatters rock, we'd chat for hours and never caught much anyway but we enjoyed the company.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #416 on: March 08, 2016, 11:04:43 pm »
I spent many hours with Harry on the bowling green here in C-y-D.

He was a true gentleman.

Offline hollins

« Reply #417 on: March 14, 2016, 05:43:02 pm »
This is a nice piece written by Gary Lineker on Leicester's rise.
I do hope they make it and not just to see Gary presenting Match of the Day in his undies.        ;D

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/mar/13/gary-lineker-leicester-city-premier-league-title?CMP=share_btn_tw

Offline stefos

« Reply #418 on: April 03, 2016, 02:53:52 pm »
For the less misogynistic amongst you -

go to BBC homepage< BBC iPlayer< CBBC< MOTD Kickabout < 02/04/'16< 09.44 minutes<Llandudno girl

Offline stefos