Author Topic: Roads in the area  (Read 358020 times)

Offline Tom Davidson

• Ad Free Member
  • Daily Post hack
Re: Road conditions in the area
« Reply #630 on: June 28, 2017, 08:05:03 am »
I wasn't working this weekend but that information will have been provided by the emergency services, most likely the ambulance service.
After all what is time, a mere tyranny.

Online SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Re: Road's
« Reply #631 on: July 11, 2017, 01:51:23 pm »
Harrowing dashcam footage of moment lorry driver wiped out a family
This distressing video issued by the police with agreement by the family shows how using a mobile phone behind the wheel can have devastating consequences.

The harrowing footage shows the moment that a driver took his attention off the road, and in an instant snuffed out the lives of a mother and her three young children.
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/harrowing-dashcam-footage-moment-lorry-13312932

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #632 on: July 13, 2017, 03:22:31 pm »
I was looking for the posting by DVT of a car parked on a pavement in Llandudno Junction but unfortunately couldn't find it so I'm posting it on here instead.
This afternoon I was driving along Penrhyn Road Colwyn Bay and saw some atrocious parking.  Quite often vehicles double park but this was inexcusable.   I drove around the town and the car was still parked at an angle so I thought that I'd take a photo and then the old duffer came out of the building society and just drove off apparently oblivious to any other road user.
Where are the Traffic Wardens?

Offline DVT

« Reply #633 on: July 13, 2017, 05:35:15 pm »
I often moan about cyclists not using cycle paths when they are available - one notable place being the main road through Llandudno Junction - there is a cycle path on the pavement past the garages (Ford, Audi, Mercedes, etc).

However, of late I note there are a number of cars parked on the pavement between the Audi/Mercedes garage and the entrance to Richard Williams Heavy side.  So the cyclists cannot use the cycle path even if they were inclined to do so!  Also makes it difficult for pedestrians.

Also Narrow Lane between Richard Williams Wood side and the entrance to the Welsh Assembly has a line of parked cars every night ... and they are almost all newish Audis - I wonder whose they are!

Offline Moelycrio

« Reply #634 on: July 14, 2017, 05:17:09 pm »
I often moan about cyclists not using cycle paths when they are available - one notable place being the main road through Llandudno Junction - there is a cycle path on the pavement past the garages (Ford, Audi, Mercedes, etc).
The cyclepath that goes all the way from the roundabout to the err .......builders merchants? And puts cyclists into conflict at 2 additional points over and above staying on the road? Thanks all the same!

Offline DVT

« Reply #635 on: July 14, 2017, 11:26:30 pm »
I fully agree that the cycle path near the Audi garage is totally pointless and I really wonder who designed it s d whether or not there was any input from someone with common sense.

However, the cycle path under the A55 nearby is sensible provided cyclists wait for the road to be clear before ccrossing traffic.  Family type cyclists use it but often the lycra clad brigade seem to forget they're on two wheels and not in a car.

Offline Dave

« Reply #636 on: July 19, 2017, 08:54:43 am »
I wasn't sure where to post this as it's off road, car parking.
Taking a walk on the cycle path yesterday I noticed the Conwy Council warden speaking to motorhome owners parked in the Llanddulas car parks who each departed afterwards. Not sure if they were booked or not as I later spotted this very small and recently erected sign.
Now we all have our views on "wild camping" as it's called and the promenades of Llandudno and Colwyn Bay as well as the car parks are places where the ban should be enforced but surely it's a bit harsh to stop access at mid day to someone staying legitimately in a proper campsite.
Do we really want to persecute tourists to the point of them not coming back?
Incidentally, the person illegally asleep in his deckchair was thankfully overlooked.

oh, and so was the ice cream van which presumably has a special licence.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #637 on: July 19, 2017, 02:57:23 pm »
I agree with the points that you are making Dave but I wonder what the CCBC Warden would have done if there had been troublesome travellers there instead of genuine holiday makers?
One rule for one and another for those that don't abide by the rules anyway.

Offline Quiggs

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #638 on: July 19, 2017, 03:51:46 pm »
I have cycled for many years and still do at 77 yrs of age. I find the so called cycle ways totally inappropriate as I often exceed 15 mph, to do so on a path with pedestrians would be irresponsible, so I use the roads, although the 'Black Cat' roundabout is a little daunting.  *cycle* *cycle*
Dictum Meum Pactum

Offline Hugo

« Reply #639 on: July 19, 2017, 06:18:05 pm »
Quiggs,  I dare you to do 15 mph on the West Shore cycle track.  West shore car park to the Black Rocks and back.               *tumble*

Offline Quiggs

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #640 on: July 19, 2017, 08:49:23 pm »
Another reason not to use 'Cycle Tracks'.  :D
Dictum Meum Pactum

Offline Hugo

« Reply #641 on: July 20, 2017, 05:17:03 pm »
Not exactly road conditions but parking in Morrisons in Colwyn Bay today.     Parking is difficult anyway in Morrisons car park as the spaces are small but it's not helped when you have very bad and inconsiderate parking such as this.
If anyone wants to draw attention to such bad parking they should ensure that the car is properly taxed and MOT'd  but according to the DVLA this BMW's  MOT expired on 17th June 2017

Offline cygnusx-1

« Reply #642 on: July 20, 2017, 05:40:12 pm »
Whenever your on the cycle track be aware of 'works vehicles' which have had to reverse into the out lane to park at Rainbow Bridge!

Offline Hugo

« Reply #643 on: July 20, 2017, 11:10:41 pm »
Not exactly road conditions but parking in Morrisons in Colwyn Bay today.     Parking is difficult anyway in Morrisons car park as the spaces are small but it's not helped when you have very bad and inconsiderate parking such as this.
If anyone wants to draw attention to such bad parking they should ensure that the car is properly taxed and MOT'd  but according to the DVLA this BMW's  MOT expired on 17th June 2017

Just checked again and the DVLA  records have now been updated and the MOT has been done and now expires on 12th Nov 2017   $good$

Perhaps the owner will pay more attention to dates and especially to their parking in the future

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #644 on: July 21, 2017, 06:33:10 am »
I'm puzzled by the mot, had run out on 17th June, but now runs until 12th November?  Awful parking though!

Just checked, still not mot'ed

Check the MOT history of a vehicle
Registration number: RA53KRO
Get MOT reminders by email
Vehicle makeBMW Vehicle model530 Date first used29 October 2003 Fuel typeDiesel ColourBlue

MOT history of this vehicle
Test date15 June 2016 Expiry date17 June 2017 Test ResultPass Odometer reading99,562 miles MOT test number3557 2989 9218 Advisory notice item(s)
Windscreen has damage to an area less than a 40mm circle outside zone 'A' (8.3.1d)
Offside Front Tyre worn close to the legal limit (4.1.E.1)
oil leak in engine
Test date15 June 2016 Test ResultFail Odometer reading99,562 miles MOT test number1411 5489 3527 Reason(s) for failure
Front Windscreen washer provides insufficient washer liquid (8.2.3)
Tyre pressure monitoring system warning lamp indicates a fault (4.1.D.4)
Advisory notice item(s)
Windscreen has damage to an area less than a 40mm circle outside zone 'A' (8.3.1d)
Offside Front Tyre worn close to the legal limit (4.1.E.1)
oil leak in engine
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas