Author Topic: Roads in the area  (Read 358372 times)

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
Re: Road conditions in the area
« Reply #615 on: June 03, 2017, 05:45:06 pm »
We were caught up in the traffic coming from Tatton Park, amazing how one person can cause so much chaos !
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline DVT

• Management board member
« Reply #616 on: June 03, 2017, 06:11:39 pm »
Daughter left Llandudno just before three o'clock and has arrived home in Liverpool just over three hours later - usually takes less than half that time.  Was not much fun with a screaming one-year-old wanting his feed. 

Offline DVT

« Reply #618 on: June 22, 2017, 08:37:55 am »
Idiot ... seems to be a non-British plate SAJDEVA (or should it be SA10 EVA ?) but I cannot make out the country in the left-hand bit of the plate.

Offline Quiggs

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #619 on: June 23, 2017, 08:01:32 pm »
I think that 'S' plates are from Scotland, and the 'A' could be Aberdeen??
Dictum Meum Pactum

Offline DVT

« Reply #620 on: June 23, 2017, 10:23:46 pm »
You would be correct in saying it is a Scottish plate if it was SA, but it doesn't look like a UK plate to me as it seems to be all letters SAJDEVA or has been doctored in some way if it is SA10 EVA or SA11 EVA, in which case the spacing is incorrect as well.  I cannot make out the country in the blue section left-hand of the number plate.

SA10EVA does not come up on the DVLA car check but SA11EVA does - it is a white Vauxhall!

Being a foreign visitor does not give an excuse for such driving, but could make it difficult for the Police to take action.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #621 on: June 25, 2017, 03:59:42 pm »
There was a cycle race on part of the A470  today and drivers just had to be patient and overtake the cyclist when it was safe to do so but all it would take is one impatient driver to cause carnage on the road.
On my way back from Maenan Abbey there was one such stupid driver in a  white Audi behind me and he overtook me on a short straight stretch that was approaching a bad bend and as he pulled in after overtaking me, two Police Cars travelling in the opposite direction and with their lights and sirens going came around the blind bend.
One second later then there would have been carnage on the road.
Another time if those Police cars had not been in  hot pursuit of something they would have turned around and caught up with him.
By the time I got to Bodnant, he was the car just in front of me!

Offline Hugo

« Reply #622 on: June 26, 2017, 12:10:27 pm »
I don't know whether it was part of the 30K cycle race or not but in Tal Y Bont yesterday on the other side of the river there was a collision between a car and a cyclist and the cyclist was taken to hospital by the air ambulance
I'm unaware of the extent of his injuries but those roads on both sides of the river are dangerous to cyclists and pedestrians alike

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #623 on: June 26, 2017, 02:02:34 pm »
I don't know whether it was part of the 30K cycle race or not but in Tal Y Bont yesterday on the other side of the river there was a collision between a car and a cyclist and the cyclist was taken to hospital by the air ambulance
I'm unaware of the extent of his injuries but those roads on both sides of the river are dangerous to cyclists and pedestrians alike

Not much info, but I think this is your collision ........http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/cyclist-airlifted-hospital-after-conwy-13233773#ICID=IYA

Offline Hugo

« Reply #624 on: June 26, 2017, 03:25:23 pm »
That's the one Steve, let's hope that the injuries are no too serious.

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #625 on: June 26, 2017, 05:19:04 pm »
The Talybont incident happened on Saturday morning.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #626 on: June 26, 2017, 05:21:41 pm »
Thanks Bellringer, I've not heard any more about that accident so perhaps no news is good news?

Offline Tom Davidson

• Ad Free Member
  • Daily Post hack
« Reply #627 on: June 27, 2017, 07:06:26 am »
I'll chase more information today.
After all what is time, a mere tyranny.

Offline cygnusx-1

« Reply #628 on: June 27, 2017, 11:59:50 am »
The bloke is a 52 year old builder frm Colwyn Bay. who has broken.ribs and head injuries but was wearing.a helmet. Who gave the info. "A man in his 30s"?

Offline Hugo

« Reply #629 on: June 27, 2017, 07:07:04 pm »
Thanks very much for the update on the cyclist, it's a good job that he was wearing a helmet or the injuries may have been far worse.
When I saw the cycle race on Sunday I did fear for their safety on that dangerous road and there is no way on earth I would ride along that road.
The idiot who overtook me coming up to a blind bend nearly had a head on crash with a Police Car coming around the corner and equally there could have been a cyclist or pedestrian around the corner too.       &shake&