Author Topic: Roads in the area  (Read 366648 times)

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: Roads in the area
« Reply #1245 on: December 30, 2020, 11:22:56 am »
I've dug out the hail and sleet from my drive and at least I can get my car on to the road.    While I was doing that a neighbour came past and he had to go to Bodelwydden  early this morning and CCBC had not gritted the very steep King's Drive so he had to go all the way down the hill in first gear.

Talking of steep hills Norman, how is your old stomping ground on the Great Orme?     That building on the right of the photo ( between Ty Gwyn Rd and Old Road ) has taken a few hits over the years, no wonder they have put bollards in front of it

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1246 on: December 30, 2020, 02:12:50 pm »
Hugo I can honestly say I miss living up there 😢 But too many cars up there now ty gwyn rd is bad. Them two shops are missed I'm sure up there, yes that old grocers shop has had a few cars go into it,   I was up invalids this morning father and 3 sons climbing up the paths 2 off them had old trainers on, I said be carefull climbing there it will be slippy they new it all 🤔😳

Offline Blongb

• I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #1247 on: December 30, 2020, 03:08:26 pm »
Luckily we have a grit bin at the top of Hill Terrace and I was able to use it to make the back path into mine safe to use this morning.
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1248 on: December 30, 2020, 03:45:41 pm »
I hope they don't learn the lesson the hard way,   locals know best. $good$           I still laugh to myself about the story your Dad told me when he worked on the Pier and the sailor wouldn't listen to him when he was mooring his yacht for the night
At least Uncle Bob had the last laugh when the single keeled yacht was on it's side and the know it all sailor was bailing water out from the boat

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1249 on: December 31, 2020, 09:55:03 am »

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #1250 on: December 31, 2020, 10:06:08 am »

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1251 on: January 02, 2021, 01:20:45 pm »
I was driving down the West Shore earlier today and heading towards the Toll House.    I was behind a car for some distance until it pulled in on the left without indicating,  which is nothing unusual nowadays.  I then went to go past the car, when again without indicating it did a three point turn right in front of me
I gave a very loud blast on my car horn and the young female driver looked at me as if I was in the wrong.  Thank goodness there was no ice on the road or otherwise I would have hit the car by the driver's side but at least I have a dash cam in my car
When driver's don't realise that what they have done wrong then it's quite dangerous

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1252 on: January 04, 2021, 02:15:21 pm »
The staggering number of people convicted of speeding in Wales during coronavirus pandemic

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/staggering-number-people-convicted-speeding-19559002

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1253 on: January 08, 2021, 12:35:21 pm »

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #1254 on: January 08, 2021, 12:57:37 pm »
LIVE: Heavy snow sparks crashes and major disruption on roadshttps://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/live-emergency-services-a55-crash-19584818

the A55 Web cams showing snowy scenes in some areas   https://trafficcameras.uk/a55/

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #1255 on: January 08, 2021, 06:26:46 pm »
The A55 was quite nasty at 7am this morning  when I took my OH to Bangor hospital. Road reports sounded to say that it was worse going in the other direction.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Blongb

• I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #1256 on: January 13, 2021, 12:20:38 pm »
The road up through Happy Valley Gardens to the Ski slope, from Parcellas Café up to the Cattle Grid by the toboggan run, is being resurfaced by Hogans. It's giving them a few problems due to the steepness of the Hill. I am of the opinion that it should never have been opened up for motor vehicles, but the traffic should have used Black Gate entrance off Ty Gwen Rd. instead. Gardens are for people to enjoy and not to put up with the fumes of cars.
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1257 on: January 13, 2021, 12:44:49 pm »
I agree with you Blongb but I don't envy any visitors having to do the alternative route up Ty Gwyn Road and Wyddfyd Road.
The last time I did that it was like a nightmare,  the parking in Ty Gwyn Road by the lights was ridiculous and then you have that very sharp right hand turn into Wyddfyd Road to contend with.
I'm a local so I knew what to expect but sadly the visitors don't.

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1258 on: January 13, 2021, 02:49:31 pm »
Thing is Hugo years ago the locals living wydfydd and prospect terrace used to turn left onto llwynon rd turn around and go back across the tram lines, mind you more cars up there now and traffic lights.    The only light we had was from the phone box 😂😂

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1259 on: January 13, 2021, 03:01:55 pm »
Yes, times have changed over the years Norman but going up Ty Gwyn Road by the lights nowadays is a challenge even for the locals