Author Topic: Roads in the area  (Read 358212 times)

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: Roads in the area
« Reply #1155 on: August 01, 2020, 10:03:58 am »
Nemesis, on the issue of parking,  I bet that you are glad that you didn't go to Barmouth yesterday, I dread to think what you would say if you were stuck in that lot          ;D

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/families-plead-police-help-amid-18698720

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1156 on: August 01, 2020, 02:25:27 pm »
Snowdon visitor who parked illegally is in line for a longer trek

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/snowdonia-visitor-who-parked-illegally-18699841

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #1157 on: August 01, 2020, 02:29:16 pm »
Nemesis, on the issue of parking,  I bet that you are glad that you didn't go to Barmouth yesterday, I dread to think what you would say if you were stuck in that lot          ;D

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/families-plead-police-help-amid-18698720

Not even attempting to go anywhere with all these people around. The situation there sounded dire, my OH would have been ranting ! Good job the family came down here last month, it now sounds as though they can't leave Kirklees. Where? no such place on a map !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1158 on: August 01, 2020, 06:02:36 pm »

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1159 on: August 03, 2020, 08:14:55 pm »
I hope it's not a similar incident to one that happened nearby recently

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/live-menai-bridge-shut-due-18710080

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #1160 on: August 06, 2020, 01:32:23 pm »
NORTH WALES TRAFFIC LIVE: Queues build on A55 as huge influx of tourists expected for heatwave weekend
Large volumes of traffic are reported heading into North Wales

Traffic - A470
Queueing traffic on A470 Conway Road Northbound at A55 North Wales Expressway J19 (Black Cat / Glan Conwy / Llandudno Junction). In the roadworks area. Travel time is 15 minutes.

Traffic Wales has warned of congestion on several parts of the expressway including in Flintshire and on the Britannia Bridge.

Photos show long queues building on the A494 in Deeside and A55 heading into North Wales.

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/north-wales-traffic-live-long-18726392

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1161 on: August 08, 2020, 02:51:31 pm »
This morning I drove along the A55  and got off it at Abergele when I drove on the A547 to Kinmel Bay.      I've never seen anything like the queue waiting to get on to the Threeways roundabout.     The westbound lane stretched nose to tail from the roundabout to past the field with the solar panels.
The turn off at Gors Road going to Towyn was closed and a Police vehicle blocked the road but I don't know what caused the queue or why Gors Road was blocked off.
Coming home from Kinmel Bay I went through St George to avoid the queue at the Threeways roundabout and got on the A55 at Pensarn
and the A55 was extremely busy too so next time I visit the Garden Centre at Kinmel Bay it won't be at the weekend

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1162 on: August 08, 2020, 03:16:22 pm »
Gors Road in Towyn was closed due to the fact that a car crashed into a ditch following a Police pursuit but it doesn't explain why there was that long queue on the A547

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/live-police-shut-road-towyn-18737804

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1163 on: August 08, 2020, 03:21:48 pm »

Offline DVT

« Reply #1164 on: August 08, 2020, 03:37:52 pm »
I was contemplating going to the Kinmel Garden Centre - luckily I changed my mind.

The road works at J19 Black Cat are a bit chaotic - the traffic lights on some junctions cause tail backs ... hope it will get sorted for the final version - does anyone know which option they went with? - there were (I think) six different layouts displayed to the public some time ago, but I have not seen any conclusion to the public opinion (although I am sure the decision had been made before the public "vote").

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1165 on: August 08, 2020, 06:33:04 pm »
It was the water garden centre that we went to but they did not have the shrubs we were after but at least we had a delicious ice cream there     :D

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1166 on: August 09, 2020, 10:59:30 am »
Residents near the A55 roundabout in St Asaph are not happy with the noise since the new bridge joints were installed

This is the right link, Hugo.

Ian

« Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 11:09:03 am by Ian »

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #1167 on: August 10, 2020, 10:38:53 am »
Traffic signals will help manage congestion on the off slips, reducing the length of queues and the traffic speed to improve safety on the roundabout

It is hoped the newly implemented traffic signals will help manage congestion on the off slips, reduce the length of queues, speed of traffic and improve safety on the roundabout.

A Welsh Government spokesperson said: “Work is progressing well at the Junction 19 interchange which will improve safety and will be a boost for active travel.

"Most of the drainage and ducting work on the main roundabout and embankment has been completed, and work on the footpath has begun.

"Temporary traffic signals are now in place, with plans for permanent traffic signals as part of the scheme."
The works will also see the junction widened and the construction of safer crossings for pedestrians and cyclists.

Street lighting will also be upgraded to an energy-efficient LED alternative.

The work would originally have been carried out after the summer but due to Covid, traffic levels dropped on the A55 to almost half their normal levels.

This allowed the Welsh Government to start work earlier than intended.             ref Pioneer

Offline DVT

« Reply #1168 on: August 10, 2020, 11:19:06 am »
J19 at the moment has a queue onto the A55 towards Colwyn Bay for anyone wishing to exit westwards, same for anyone exiting eastwards from Conwy ... both queues extend to the main carriageway, so a danger to A55 main route traffic - there were cars pulling out of the queue to get back onto the A55.  Don't know how far the queue was towards Glan Conwy or Llandudno.

We were coming back from Colwyn Bay but carried on to the Tesco roundabout (J18) and doubled back through Juinction.  Queue was to bottom of Narrow Lane but we just managed to sneak past to get home (off Narrow Lane).

Suspect this is going to be the situation for quite some time, and don't know how much it will improve when they've finished the job, whatever the final layout is!

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1169 on: August 10, 2020, 05:34:17 pm »
Gors Road in Towyn was closed due to the fact that a car crashed into a ditch following a Police pursuit but it doesn't explain why there was that long queue on the A547

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/live-police-shut-road-towyn-18737804

Just a follow on from Saturday's report

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/man-charged-after-a55-police-18743625