Author Topic: Roads in the area  (Read 358190 times)

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Re: Roads in the area
« Reply #1035 on: September 09, 2019, 11:34:14 am »
Lots of delays during rush hour this morning, even though plenty of warning ?  looking at the web cams, not to bad at the moment, but slow out of CB. J22

MOTORISTS have experienced "gridlock" due to lane closures on the A55 this morning.
A contraflow system has been in operation since late yesterday evening - Sunday, September 8 - due to essential repair work to the A55 Kneeshaw Lupton Underbridge Eastbound carriageway.

The repairs, which require single lane closures between Junction 23 at Llandullas and the Rainbow Bridge on both sides, will be underway 24 hours a day for up to five weeks.

A motorist speaking to The Journal said: "I hit the traffic before Abergele roundabout heading West, it was very slow moving once I got to the single lane and it took me more than an hour to pass through.
"It was very slow and frustrating travelling west, but the other side is even worse."  https://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/17889898.delays-drivers-a55-near-abergele-llanddulas-due-roadworks/

Four-mile A55 queues as five weeks of roadworks start at Llanddulas
Work has begun today to improve the road which has led to significant delays.
https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/live-long-a55-delays-llanddulas-16885899

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #1036 on: September 09, 2019, 11:51:26 am »
Mrs H was driving up King's Drive a short while ago and there was a crash between two cars.   Police were on the scene but although there was extensive damage to one car there were no ambulances in attendance  so hopefully no one was seriously injured as a result of the crash

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1037 on: September 09, 2019, 11:56:19 am »
The A55 ought to have been six lanes, not four, when it was first created.  Just another example (if one were needed) of the Southerly bias of the UK government and a total lack of forward thinking (or, indeed, thinking) on the part of planners. No better is the A470. 

It's hard to believe this is the main road linking North and South Wales. Whereas the Southern end has motorway-standard exits and entrances, our end has narrow sections so tight that large lorries have to hold back and a ludicrous dog-leg at the Erw Glas campsite that's been designated for urgent improvement since 2008!

We simply can't win; it's either the pro-South bias at Westminster and the WA, or the sheer incompetence and empire-building of CCBC.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1038 on: September 09, 2019, 05:50:13 pm »
Ongoing incident on Conwy or Colwyn rd Llandudno  ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Emergency services are currently dealing with a crash in Llandudno.

Firefighters, paramedics and police are on the scene of a two-vehicle collision on Conwy Road in the town.
One of the vehicles has flipped onto its side as a result of the collision.

Long delays are building as a result of the crash.

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/live-emergency-services-deal-llandudno-16890493

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1039 on: September 09, 2019, 08:04:38 pm »
Further on the crash............

"Witnesses said the 4x4 was stationary on the road when the car crashed into it, but this has not been confirmed.
One person was taken to hospital following a two-vehicle crash in Llandudno
Images from the scene showed the 4x4 having crashed onto its side, while a second vehicle had damage to its front."

The mention of " hitting a stationary vehicle a 4X4", reminded me, that spot is used regularly  by horse owners who use the adjacent field.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1040 on: September 10, 2019, 06:22:15 pm »
A child has been struck by a car in Llandudno about 4pm

Police and paramedics have been called to the collision on Mostyn Broadway this afternoon.

The incident has happened outside the Swimming Centre.       more to follow ?

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1041 on: September 11, 2019, 03:43:08 pm »
I'm sure Steve will unearth the grisly details soon.
The local news is the same as the BBC is reporting, apart from "The local schools were put on lock-down while police dealt with the incident."   
"Grisly" details tomorrow if any.

Virtually the story  as we know from the 6th Sep. , apart from .... "A man who was arrested after a bloody altercation on the A470 in Conwy has since been detained under the mental health act."    ref DP

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1042 on: September 13, 2019, 04:41:12 pm »
Llanddulas roadworks causing huge queues as warned, and looking at the web cam just now   :(      :(....... https://trafficcameras.uk/a55/

DP article   LIVE: A55 traffic updates as Llanddulas roadworks causes huge queues
Motorists are experiencing miles of queues as a result of the works.
https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/a55-traffic-updates-llanddulas-delays-16916119

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1043 on: September 13, 2019, 06:40:10 pm »
On Wednesday, I was travelling from Colwyn Bay to Prestatyn and drove along the old road as far as Llanddulas.   There was hardly any traffic on that road at 9.30 am but I could see the traffic on the eastbound lane of the A55 barely moving.
I then joined the A55 at Llanddulas and headed off to Prestatyn but both the westbound lanes of the A55  were stopped nose to tail all the way back to Pensarn
Coming home at about 4.00 pm I kept to the old road even though the westbound lane seemed to have the traffic flowing freely

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1044 on: September 16, 2019, 09:33:41 am »
The notorious Black Cat Roundabout just off the A55 could see traffic lights and lane markings introduced to cut the number of accidents if proposals get the go-ahead.

The work could start next spring at the Glan Conwy interchange off Junction 19 of the expressway.
Plans under consideration include introducing traffic signal controls as well as "spiral" lane markings to guide drivers around the roundabout and to the exits.

There will also be provision for routes to cycle or walk across the interchange from the Glan Conwy direction to join with existing link at Narrow Lane in Llandudno Junction.
https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/major-road-improvements-planned-notorious-16916828

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1045 on: September 19, 2019, 11:47:37 am »
Well cars are getting smaller...............

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1046 on: September 20, 2019, 01:54:54 pm »
A55 westbound closed in Conwy following crash
Massive delays are building for motorists in the area.

A crash has shut the westbound carriageway of the A55.

The road has been closed at St George following the collision, Traffic Wales have said.
Traffic is being diverted off the road at Junction 24a for St George.

Motorists are being urged to avoid the area.
Huge delays were already building up on the stretch due to roadworks at Llanddulas, which were causing queues to stretch back to the St George area.  ref DP

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1047 on: September 20, 2019, 02:51:05 pm »
Two people taken to hospital
A Welsh Ambulance Service spokesman said two people were taken to hospital.

“We were called on Friday 20 September at approximately 12:52 pm to reports of a road traffic accident involving three vehicles near St George, Abergele.

“We responded with two emergency ambulances.
“Two patients were transported to Glan Clwyd Hospital, Bodelwyddan.”

14:16
Delays are back to normal now on the road, which means they are still significant.

Queues for the roadworks are stretching from Colwyn Bay to St George.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1048 on: September 23, 2019, 04:35:04 pm »
My trip to Bodelwyddan today was a sort of good news, bad news sort of trip, left home one hour early,    $good$  the road works did not cause to much of a delay,    $good$  arrived at the hospital over an hour early, to be told a few people had not turned up, would I just go straight in$good$  and all was well $good$  I was back home before my original appointment time enjoying a nice cuppa   $good$  and the bad news, as I joined the queue at Rhos, I pulled up behind a truck, loaded with a large lidded skip, which we then followed until the end of the road works, despite trying to move around it, my best guess as to what was in the skip.......... the contents of an abattoirs month old waste pile, you could cut the pong with a knife :o                            but I would follow it again, if I did not have to sit around at the hospital   $good$

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1049 on: September 30, 2019, 06:36:05 pm »
There is some talk of traffic lights being installed at the Black Cat roundabout and I was thinking of that when I came on to that roundabout recently.     I can only describe it as like being in the wacky races, it was just mad and it's a wonder that there aren't more accidents at that spot.
I then came to the smaller roundabout by the garage and witnessed a very near miss when two cars, one being in the wrong lane and not indicating nearly collided as they were both headed  in the direction of Llanrwst