Author Topic: Roads in the area  (Read 358251 times)

Offline llandudnotrust

• Management board member
Re: Roads in the area Llandudno road closures this weekend
« Reply #960 on: February 15, 2019, 01:22:27 pm »
Cambrian Rally in town this weekend.................

Mostyn Street, in Llandudno will be closed to all traffic on Friday and Saturday, as for the first time in the Rally's history the service park will be in the centre of Llandudno. Bus services into Llandudno that usually terminate on Gloddaeth Street/Gloddaeth Avenue will be terminating at Law Courts. No services on the 15th and 16th will stop at Mostyn Street, Lloyd Street or Trinity Square.
[Free shuttle Bus is operating from Law Courts around Town
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 01:28:59 pm by Ian »

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
Re: Roads in the area
« Reply #961 on: February 15, 2019, 11:50:47 pm »
Rally?....RALLY??
My afternoon coffee time at West Shore Cafe was brutally truncated by the arrival of scores of those noisy, polluting, gas guzzling, smelly, ignorant Bas£&@rds!! 
They rival the Great Orme tour bus for the amount of life shortening filth they spew out.
My visits to the Mostyn St post office and the bank were blocked by the event, so I went to West Shore to get away from them.
But No! ......oh no.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #962 on: February 16, 2019, 09:31:48 am »
 ;D ;D ;D

Life can be hard.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #963 on: February 16, 2019, 01:51:40 pm »
Delighted to see the traffic warden slapping fines on every single one of the Cambrian Rally cars parked on the side roads in Llandudno today.  Every man Jack of ‘em!
90 minute zones mean exactly that!
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #964 on: February 20, 2019, 10:21:49 am »
So what does everyone think about the new road layout outside the Craigside Inn? The road is now split into three lanes - one very narrow lane coming down and two lanes going uphill. I think the main difficulty lies with people driving uphill who wish to turn right into the Craigside Inn, they will effectively be stationary in the overtaking lane as they wait for a gap in the traffic coming downhill, surely?

Offline Daihardwelshman

« Reply #965 on: February 20, 2019, 11:01:59 am »
They have now put white lines in the outside lane and lined out a junction to turn into Craigside. I thought it was a bit odd when i first saw the new layout on monday.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #966 on: February 20, 2019, 02:22:30 pm »
They have now put white lines in the outside lane and lined out a junction to turn into Craigside. I thought it was a bit odd when i first saw the new layout on monday.
Ah that makes more sense - will take a look later.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #967 on: February 24, 2019, 10:54:00 am »
Yesterday we drove across the Tal Y Cafn bridge and there was a notice saying that the bridge is closing on 25th Feb 2019.    It will be closed for FIVE weeks while work on it is going on

Offline DVT

« Reply #968 on: February 24, 2019, 01:36:21 pm »
Who on earth decided to put red lines across the road on the approach to the roundabout between Marl Farm and Black Cat on the A470 (the roundabout at the top of the hill where Narrow Lane goes off).  It's like driving along a railway line with just the sleepers in place, plays havoc with the suspension on my two-month old car, and that is at 20mph.  Also nearly shakes my teeth out even at that slow speed.

Why are highways department putting up so many obstructions to drivers - these red lines, pavements that extend outwards at irregular intervals, speed pumps, extra traffic islands, extra lanes.  Fill in the potholes instead, please.

Be interesting to see if there are more accidents as a result of the roads not being so clear, but I doubt we will ever get that comparative information.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #969 on: February 25, 2019, 06:35:44 pm »
Yesterday we drove across the Tal Y Cafn bridge and there was a notice saying that the bridge is closing on 25th Feb 2019.    It will be closed for FIVE weeks while work on it is going on

12 mile diversion for bridge repair

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-47356078

Offline DVT

« Reply #970 on: February 25, 2019, 10:30:49 pm »
Tal-y-Cafn Bridge was built in 1897, although it was re-surfaced in 1978 !!!

Unfortunate numeric anagram there !!!

http://historypoints.org/index.php?page=tal-y-cafn-bridge

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #971 on: March 02, 2019, 07:30:58 am »
Who on earth decided to put red lines across the road on the approach to the roundabout between Marl Farm and Black Cat on the A470 (the roundabout at the top of the hill where Narrow Lane goes off).  It's like driving along a railway line with just the sleepers in place, plays havoc with the suspension on my two-month old car, and that is at 20mph.  Also nearly shakes my teeth out even at that slow speed.

Why are highways department putting up so many obstructions to drivers - these red lines, pavements that extend outwards at irregular intervals, speed pumps, extra traffic islands, extra lanes.  Fill in the potholes instead, please.

Be interesting to see if there are more accidents as a result of the roads not being so clear, but I doubt we will ever get that comparative information.

We drove over those awful red stripes yesterday in our Mercedes CL55 AMG,  very uncomfortable even in that car with its ABC suspension.  Almost as bad as the dreaded speed humps!
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Hugo

« Reply #972 on: March 05, 2019, 06:23:45 pm »
I drove along that stretch of the A470 today and DVT wasn't exaggerating, it really is a bit of a boneshaker     

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #973 on: March 05, 2019, 08:27:14 pm »
Someone mentioned imagine being in an ambulance having a heart attack going over them lines.

Offline DVT

« Reply #974 on: March 06, 2019, 08:10:21 am »
...or if you are a patient with a neck or back injury.

... my car has adjustable suspension, and flicking the switch to "comfort" setting (the softest suspension) helps a little.  In the normal "sport" mode it is awful, and if I switch to "R" mode it is totally unbearable and I am sure is damaging the car, even at less than 20mph.  I'm all for road safety but this is, to my mind, is making things more dangerous.

... who is responsible for this?  Who can we complain to?  Were the emergency services consulted?