Author Topic: Roads in the area  (Read 358162 times)

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: Roads in the area
« Reply #945 on: January 31, 2019, 12:06:46 pm »

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #946 on: January 31, 2019, 02:15:44 pm »
Hugo,     Ouch, I think I would want more than a few bollards, if I lived there...... they are reporting up to nine cars getting into trouble yesterday.

Offline Blongb

• I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #947 on: January 31, 2019, 02:36:22 pm »
Hugo,     Ouch, I think I would want more than a few bollards, if I lived there...... they are reporting up to nine cars getting into trouble yesterday.
Just because CCBC didn't grit the road. As it's a known black spot every time it freezes, I wonder if it would be feasible to bring a Civil action against them for negligence. 
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline Hugo

« Reply #948 on: January 31, 2019, 03:07:43 pm »

Me too Steve and that structural damage wasn't the first time that that property was hit by a vehicle

Offline Hugo

« Reply #949 on: January 31, 2019, 11:06:00 pm »
If coping with icy conditions wasn't bad enough,  you get this motorist driving the wrong way down the  A55  -

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/motorist-driving-wrong-way-down-15763909?utm_source=sharebar&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=sharebar

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #950 on: February 01, 2019, 08:16:24 am »
Today's "Headline News' on BBC was 'Heavy snow sweeps across Britain', which demonstrated the BBC's Southerly bias all too clearly. The main snowfall didn't even make it up here, yesterday, and the depths reported in the worst hit areas were only two or three inches.  So it was neither 'heavy' nor 'sweeping across Britain', other than in the most generous interpretation.

It continues to irritate that the BBC judges news importance according to its geographical location.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #951 on: February 01, 2019, 09:00:55 am »
You are quite correct in what you say Ian, but I'm glad in this instance that they are wrong about the snow in this area as I've dug out my drive and a neighbours 4 times already this week.
The north & south divide does exist even here in Wales and it's quite annoying at times

Offline Hugo

« Reply #952 on: February 03, 2019, 02:45:16 pm »
Tregarth Dragon sculpture prompts Police road safety warning

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-47103392

Offline SteveH

« Reply #953 on: February 05, 2019, 03:13:24 pm »

Offline Meleri

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #954 on: February 06, 2019, 01:38:48 pm »
Road improvements will start 18th February until 22nd March at Asda Crossroads, Conwy Road, Llandudno. They will be widening the road in front of the Fire/Ambulance station & also widening the pedestrian crossing. The right turn at the traffic lights from the retail park into Asda will be removed. Improvements are being made to the crossroads on Conwy Road to make it safer for pedestrians & to speed up the traffic light sequence.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #955 on: February 06, 2019, 03:33:49 pm »
There is a four way traffic light system in place in Kinmel Bay at the moment and Mrs H was travelling from Rhyl  this week when she had to stop at the lights.
She noticed some "amber gamblers"  while the other lights were changing so when it was her turn to move off she waited for the green light to come on then she moved off.
About half way across another motorist from a different direction nearly rammed into her car, only managing to come to a stop inches from her door.
He had obviously come through the lights while they were on red, thankfully no one was hurt or the vehicles damaged but it could easily have been so different
If anyone else is going in that direction please proceed with caution as there are nutters on the road

Offline Hugo

« Reply #956 on: February 06, 2019, 03:40:47 pm »
Another nutter on the road, this time on the A470 by Dolwyddelan

Police make drink drive arrest after chase which left man fighting for his life -

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/local-arrested-suspicion-drink-driving-15788688?utm_source=sharebar&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=sharebar

Offline SteveH

« Reply #957 on: February 11, 2019, 01:11:52 pm »
The truth about which age group is REALLY the most dangerous on the road
Statistics from North Wales Police have shed light on who is involved in or causes more crashes.

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/truth-age-group-really-most-15789954

Shocking figures reveal scale of drink and drug driving in North Wales
Information from the Ministry of Justice shows how many people have been disqualified.

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/shocking-figures-reveal-scale-drink-15726962

Offline SteveH

Re: Roads in the area Llandudno road closures this weekend
« Reply #958 on: February 13, 2019, 09:42:54 am »
Cambrian Rally in town this weekend.................

Mostyn Street, in Llandudno will be closed to all traffic on Friday and Saturday, as for the first time in the Rally's history the service park will be in the centre of Llandudno. Bus services into Llandudno that usually terminate on Gloddaeth Street/Gloddaeth Avenue will be terminating at Law Courts. No services on the 15th and 16th will stop at Mostyn Street, Lloyd Street or Trinity Square.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #959 on: February 15, 2019, 09:38:08 am »
Town is very quiet as a result of the Mostyn St closure:
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 10:09:25 am by DaveR »