Author Topic: Roads in the area  (Read 358202 times)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
Re: Roads in the area
« Reply #900 on: September 21, 2018, 08:30:02 pm »
For the record, we travelled east this morning and went through Old Colwyn no problem at 7.30am.

We are off to Manchester Airport in a few days Bri, in the middle of the night....
So, rather than go on to the A55 at Colwyn Bay, I’m going to get diverted before that am I ?
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #901 on: September 21, 2018, 09:19:26 pm »
We returned after 4pm and hit a queue at Abergele, Hugo, just in time to exit down the slip road by the Kinmel Manor.

However, we immediately hit another queue going up into Abergele so quickly decided to go round the roundabout and back up on the A55.

Two lanes eventually went down to one before the lay-by near Llanddulas and overall I would say we were delayed by about 20-25 minutes.

Going this morning, we went down to one lane just past the Old Colwyn slip road where you look up towards the old Hotel 70..

If you are travelling to the airport in the middle of the night you should be fine but if you are anything like me, Fester, you will still leave home 30 minutes earlier, just in case  :)

Offline Dave

« Reply #902 on: September 21, 2018, 10:04:02 pm »
I drove back from Liverpool on Tuesday night at around 11.00pm and there was no traffic heading west but it looked like the east bound carriageway was closed. You need to check it out Fester. Maybe just a quick detour past the "70 degrees"? ( What should we call it?) 

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #903 on: September 21, 2018, 11:46:08 pm »
Thanks All..
Yes, the eastbound carriageway IS closed during the night, you can’t get on at Colwyn Bay.
That’s why I’m wondering what the best route is, and which way the diversion goes.
After all, there are trucks coming from Holyhead port, heading up the A55 towards England, they’ll have to divert them somewhere?
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Dave

« Reply #904 on: September 22, 2018, 09:04:40 am »
My other half thinks that the road closure was while they create a single lane in both directions on one carriageway so it might open again. If so use the 70 Degrees to miss the queue on the A55 which shouldn't be too bad in the middle of the night, even with ferry traffic.

At 4.00pm the other day I went via the Black Cat- Bettws-yn-Rhos - St Asaph route which was fine until the stretch between the cross roads where you turn to Abergele and the road where you can turn to Bodelwyddan. Not too many delays but the speed at which some cars were driving coming the other way was quite alarming.You had to be prepared for everything heading in to blind bends on narrow bits of road.

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #905 on: September 22, 2018, 10:23:41 am »
Thanks All..
Yes, the eastbound carriageway IS closed during the night, you can’t get on at Colwyn Bay.
That’s why I’m wondering what the best route is, and which way the diversion goes.
After all, there are trucks coming from Holyhead port, heading up the A55 towards England, they’ll have to divert them somewhere?

Driving home from work last night and the eastbound carriageway was open but the westbound was closed. The diversion is likely between Llanddulas and Old Colwyn so it’s pretty straightforward.
Valar Morghulis

Offline Hugo

« Reply #906 on: September 26, 2018, 07:42:48 am »

Offline Hugo

« Reply #907 on: September 28, 2018, 02:01:00 pm »

And just to cheer us up............

Meet the 'vulture' - a new speed camera that can catch drivers doing a lot more than just speeding
Featuring new LED infrared equipment, they've started popping up on roads in some parts of the UK.
They've been dubbed the 'yellow vulture' and are so advanced that they can accurately detect drivers eating, using their phones and even smoking behind the wheel.

These are a new breed of speed cameras which bear very little resemblance to the ones we are used to seeing at the side of the road.
And drivers should be wary because they've already been spotted in parts of the UK.

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/motoring/motoring-news/meet-vulture-new-speed-camera-15151644

I've just received an e-mail in response to a FOI  question I've asked the N Wales Police about the yellow Vulture cameras on the A55 and this is the reply I received:-
" We can confirm that the ASE systems we have are only capable of recording speeding offences"        It's a shame that all Police forces are not automatically supplied with the latest technology so that it makes their difficult job easier and then  they can use their resources elsewhere

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #908 on: September 29, 2018, 04:37:21 pm »
is next weeks rally going to be a problem with the roadworks on the A55

Offline BrianP

« Reply #909 on: September 29, 2018, 10:42:30 pm »
The roadworks on the A55 is creating perfect rallying opportunities for drivers on the Betws yn Rhos A5381. Drivers are driving too fast and without due care.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #910 on: September 30, 2018, 11:45:24 am »
I got on the A55 at the West End in Colwyn Bay just to get off at the Old Colwyn slip road so that I could take my dog for a walk on the beach in Old Colwyn but it was a big mistake as the traffic was quite heavy.
Returning home on the A55 from Old Colwyn was no problem as the westbound carriageways were flowing freely.
Next time I'll use the promenade if I want to go to Old Colwyn

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #911 on: September 30, 2018, 12:43:48 pm »
Next Sunday morning will be very busy when the Wakes Rally GB is in Llandudno.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #912 on: September 30, 2018, 01:52:05 pm »
Hope everyone concerned can exit their properties during their allotted 5 minute slot . >:(
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #913 on: October 02, 2018, 11:36:51 am »
Hope everyone concerned can exit their properties during their allotted 5 minute slot . >:(

Mrs H. Went to VC last night, with friends, who told of various problems, from roads closed ( parts of Mostyn St ?)  bus routes changed, and various stops out of service, even the drivers did not know what was going on, ........ Monday night seems a bit early for all the changes  ???

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #914 on: October 12, 2018, 01:32:49 pm »
WORKS which have been causing major traffic delays on the A55 for nearly four weeks have finished.
Essential improvement works, on the Kneeshaw Lupton underbridge near Junction 23 to Llanddulas, began on September 17 and were due to be completed next week.
But the works have been completed six days early with roads returning to normal today.

And while they have concluded for now, works on the Eastbound carriageway section of the bridge still need to be done but will be carried out next year.

http://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/16979144.no-more-delays-as-works-on-the-a55-near-llanddulas-come-to-an-end/?ref=mr&lp=3

Another article.......Don't blame the roads, don't blame the weather, the main cause of accidents in Conwy is bad drivers, figures reveal.       and speed was never mentioned............

http://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/16976820.bad-drivers-are-the-main-cause-of-road-accidents-in-conwy/