Author Topic: Roads in the area  (Read 358347 times)

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
Re: Roads in the area
« Reply #930 on: December 16, 2018, 09:45:12 pm »
money has been found to sort out exit onto Mostyn Broadway from Mostyn Champneys ,im suprised there has never been a seriou accident there

Offline Meleri

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #931 on: December 17, 2018, 10:21:48 am »
There is a burst water main in Berry Street Conwy Town, the road has been closed and traffic diverted to the A55

Offline bigbadhenry

« Reply #932 on: December 17, 2018, 10:58:58 am »
The implication is that the data is drawn from "insurance quotes" so it might just relate to the LL postcode which is most of North Wales.

The street with the most crime in Llandudno is Ffordd Penrhyn due to it being the address of ASDA

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #933 on: December 20, 2018, 02:45:17 pm »
I got on the A55 at Llandudno Junction to travel to Colwyn Bay and it was a big mistake as the traffic was nose to tail all the way to Mochdre
I've no idea what caused the tailback but it took over 30 minutes just to get from the Junction to Mochdre but once past Mochdre the traffic was flowing freely

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #934 on: January 05, 2019, 11:01:52 am »
Operation Snap: 2,300 dashcam clips sent to police

Dashcam footage sent to police has led to hundreds of motorists being fined and prosecuted in Welsh courts over the last year.

As well as dangerous driving and using a phone behind the wheel, two drivers were caught with dogs on their laps.

Operation Snap was rolled out across Wales to process footage as police try to tackle "bad driving".

More than 2,300 dashcam films were sent in and action was taken in more than 650 cases.                                         

Continued       https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-46424514

Offline Hugo

« Reply #935 on: January 05, 2019, 11:53:23 am »
The Police can't be everywhere so it proves how useful the dash cam is in bringing to justice bad drivers.       It makes you wonder what else they could be guilty of if they drive so recklessly.
I posted something on here that happened to me recently and I've since found out that the vehicle was driving on fake plates and outside the house was another vehicle which had obvious fake plates too.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #936 on: January 20, 2019, 12:20:12 pm »
This is where every speed camera in North Wales is in 2019
You shouldn't be speeding - but here's where GoSafe cameras are placed across Anglesey, Gwynedd, Conwy, Denbighshire, Flintshire and Wrexham.
https://www.dailypost.co.uk/every-speed-camera-north-wales-15699311

Offline Dave

« Reply #937 on: January 20, 2019, 04:39:16 pm »
All roads where the Police use mobile speed cameras have warning signs indicating so and the fixed cameras are painted bright yellow so it's already common knowledge, the Daily Post must have had a slow news day!

Offline Hugo

« Reply #938 on: January 22, 2019, 02:42:04 pm »
Snow causes crashes and hold ups on the A55

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-46962222

Offline SteveH

« Reply #939 on: January 27, 2019, 12:28:24 pm »
A SECTION of the A55 will be closed during the early part of next week.

The portion of the carriageway covered is the A55 eastbound section between junction 23 at Llanddulas and junction 24 (Abergele).

The section will be closed from 8pm on Monday, January 28 until 6am on Thursday, January 31.

This is in order to carry out essential carriageway surfacing repairs.

As a result, traffic will be diverted off the A55 eastbound carriageway at junction 23 (Llanddulas) along the A547 through Abergele to rejoin the A55 eastbound carriageway at junction 24.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #940 on: January 27, 2019, 12:31:08 pm »
That'll be a lot of fun for Abergele Steve.       ;D

Offline SteveH

« Reply #941 on: January 30, 2019, 11:18:37 am »
Hearing rumors about road conditions on the Orme, lot of snow causing small accidents, cars sliding into each other, Police are in attendance.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #942 on: January 30, 2019, 12:13:50 pm »
There has been quite a bit of snow up here on the heights and the snow on the side roads has been compacted and is slippy.    I dug the snow from a neighbours drive then started on my own drive and did half of it before some more heavy snow came.
More snow is expected tomorrow so I left it for now

Snowdon avalanche rescue as snow closes schools and roads

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-47047347

Offline SteveH

« Reply #943 on: January 30, 2019, 02:36:08 pm »
Hearing rumors about road conditions on the Orme, lot of snow causing small accidents, cars sliding into each other, Police are in attendance.
Motorists urged to stay off Llandudno's Great Orme after minor crashes

Warning on Facebook urging people not to drive on the Great Orme unless necessary after being involved in one of the minor crashes.
"Our car slid straight into the wall, I couldn't stop it. It did some damage to our bumper and wing."

Another Llandudno resident said they stopped a further three drivers from heading to the summit because of the danger it posed.
North Wales Police received one report of an accident in the area at about 8.30am on Wednesday morning.

The road traffic collision (RTC), which involved one vehicle, took place on Bryniau Road near Church Crescent but no one was injured.
Police have urged motorists to take care when driving on the roads during the snowy conditions.
"Please consider your journey, drive safely, slow down and be mindful of the conditions."    ref Pioneer

Offline Hugo

« Reply #944 on: January 30, 2019, 06:30:28 pm »
Thanks for posting that article Steve,  it made me remember a similar incident there a few years ago.   The Medz who had a good view of that area posted about an accident near the traffic lights on the Great Orme in similar Wintery conditions.
The first photo is of a house, which was originally a shop and it is on the junction of Old Road and Ty Gwyn Road and a car coming down the Great Orme slid and caused structural damage to the property.    It was deemed unsafe by the authorities and the tenant had to evacuate the property.
The last time I walked past the place I noticed that a number of bollards had been put around the front of the property to save a similar thing happening again