Author Topic: Roads in the area  (Read 358495 times)

Offline Ian

• Administrator
Re: Road conditions in the area
« Reply #600 on: May 22, 2017, 10:46:05 am »
I was in Liverpool recently and there were two girls who looked the age of schoolgirls in the fourth form.

There weren't any parties going on at the time, were there?  WWW WWW WWW
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #601 on: May 22, 2017, 12:06:42 pm »
Bosun,  I wasn't too happy with the decision, especially after the Police Constable didn't interview the woman under caution but it was a Sergeant who advised me of the decision.
I told him that I wasn't happy with the way the investigation had gone and he asked me if I wanted to make a complaint but I said no because I thought that my incident was trivial compared to what else  is going on in the area now.

Another incident that occurred in March of this year when a 70 year old lady was hit by a car on a zebra crossing at Llandudno Hospital makes me wonder what the Police priorities are.

The Police are asking the woman hit and run driver to hand herself in!     &shake&

The Police have the exact time and location of the incident, a description of a small maroon coloured car and the description of the woman driver and all the CCTV evidence they  need to trace the hit and run driver and yet they can't find her.
She's probably local and Llandudno is not exactly a heavily populated area so why can't they find the driver.    If it was advertised on social media then I'm sure that they would get some useful leads in tracing the woman.

Offline Bosun

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #602 on: May 22, 2017, 02:19:08 pm »
Bosun,  I wasn't too happy with the decision, especially after the Police Constable didn't interview the woman under caution but it was a Sergeant who advised me of the decision.
I told him that I wasn't happy with the way the investigation had gone and he asked me if I wanted to make a complaint but I said no because I thought that my incident was trivial compared to what else  is going on in the area now.

Another incident that occurred in March of this year when a 70 year old lady was hit by a car on a zebra crossing at Llandudno Hospital makes me wonder what the Police priorities are.

The Police are asking the woman hit and run driver to hand herself in!     &shake&

The Police have the exact time and location of the incident, a description of a small maroon coloured car and the description of the woman driver and all the CCTV evidence they  need to trace the hit and run driver and yet they can't find her.
She's probably local and Llandudno is not exactly a heavily populated area so why can't they find the driver.    If it was advertised on social media then I'm sure that they would get some useful leads in tracing the woman.

This is not good news about the Policing of the area. Yet, in another strand of this forum, there is praise for the zero tolerance of anti-social behaviour in Llandudno. The 'zero-tolerance' Policing system works, and should be in place across the board - not just for certain types of offence.
Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may have been given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Offline Bosun

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #603 on: May 22, 2017, 02:20:36 pm »
I was in Liverpool recently and there were two girls who looked the age of schoolgirls in the fourth form.

There weren't any parties going on at the time, were there?  WWW WWW WWW

Actually, they would have made lovely strip-o-gram girls.........  :P
Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may have been given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #604 on: May 22, 2017, 04:06:45 pm »
There were about 2 or 3 Police cars in attendance at what looked to be a car crash in Gloddaeth Avenue by the cross roads with Arfon Avenue and Deganwy Avenue.
No ambulances on the scene so I hope that no one was badly injured as a result of the crash

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #605 on: May 22, 2017, 04:32:12 pm »
There were about 2 or 3 Police cars in attendance at what looked to be a car crash in Gloddaeth Avenue by the cross roads with Arfon Avenue and Deganwy Avenue.
No ambulances on the scene so I hope that no one was badly injured as a result of the crash

Llandudno crash
The ambulance service are aware of the crash on Deganwy Avenue but have been told by police they are not required and there are no injuries. REF DP

Offline Hugo

« Reply #606 on: May 22, 2017, 08:13:11 pm »
Thanks Steve, it's not nice seeing any crash but it's good to know that the people involved are not badly injured.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #607 on: May 30, 2017, 05:17:09 pm »
More fascinating examples from our dashcam of utter stupidity and incompetence. As we leave the A470 Llandudno stretch to navigate the roundabout towards Glan Conwy take note of the Audi A4 coming off the A55.  I'm going to pass this one to the boys in blue, because idiots like that need dealing with. Note the lack of signals, the lack of a RH rear brake light, the breathtaking incompetence of turning right from the left hand lane and of course their registration No: C2 CGB.

Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Offline Hugo

« Reply #608 on: May 30, 2017, 05:45:28 pm »
Good for you Ian and the Police are encouraging people to report bad driving to them.      $good$

I have a dash cam in my red car but not in the white car but after an experience last week I'm seriously thinking of getting one for that car too.
Last week I was driving my car down Lansdowne Road in Colwyn Bay and there are two sections of it where you have to drive very carefully as cars are parked along one side of the road and there is only room for one line of traffic to pass.
There were two vehicles coming towards me so I stopped and let them come through.    There were no other vehicles following so I drove down that part of the road and was about half way through it when a large white van approaching from the next section drove straight at me and actually accelerated towards me.  Just before any impact, he swerved onto the pavement and then drove along the pavement before going back on to the road.
Unfortunately I had no dash cam in that car or otherwise I would have reported him to the Police, the incident was too quick to take his registration down and there were no markings on the van to identify it.

Offline cygnusx-1

« Reply #609 on: May 30, 2017, 11:05:28 pm »
Coming down Penrhyn Hill to the roundabout that is another place and there is a sign on the hill to help you choose the correct lane.....you would be off my Christmas card list if you reported it as it was hardly dangerous just poor. The driver behind is usually blamed if a collision occurs as you cannot see everthing behind you.
.Let us know how it goes!

Offline Dave

« Reply #610 on: May 31, 2017, 08:48:37 am »
I must admit I don't think there is much in that piece of video that warrants sending it to the police and if you did I would doubt they would take it any further. The car was indicating left presumably as he'd seen the sign on the A55 for Betws. If he wasn't expecting that short stretch to the roundabout and trying to figure out which way he was going he didn't have much time to decide and that's presumably why he cut across you and you were probably in his/her blindspot.
Yes, it was a poor manoeuvre but you see far worse on a regular basis and if everyone starts sending in footage when they have suffered a minor irritation the police will be overwhelmed.
Defensive driving is the answer but there is often a lack of awareness by many drivers.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #611 on: May 31, 2017, 09:54:34 am »
I agree you see far worse. I doubt the police will prosecute, in fact; all I suspect is needed is for an officer to call round and have a chat with the driver. Education is often the best way forward and if more of these incidents are sent in (which the police are encouraging) then more drivers might become aware that they risk being filmed every time they do something stupid and it might make them think more carefully.

But it;'s interesting:  when I posted the first example I'd captured, last year, of a bloke driving with a length of drain pipe sticking out of the rear passenger window, I was being berated for not sending it to the police. Seems there's quite a division on what constitutes dangerous driving.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #612 on: June 03, 2017, 02:16:47 pm »
A55 closed due to Police incident at Bodelwyddan

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-east-wales-40144671

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #613 on: June 03, 2017, 03:07:23 pm »
A55 closed due to Police incident at Bodelwyddan
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-east-wales-40144671
H., A bit more info from the DP.

"Woman threatening to jump off bridge
Multiple witnesses now getting in touch to say a woman is sat on the edge of a bridge. The bridge is located at the turn-off for Ysbyty Glan Clywd I’m told."

This has been going on since 11.30am, the Live report shows people out of their cars, line dancing and playing ball games !
LIVE REPORT....  http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/live-a55-closed-bodelwyddan-police-13132408

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #614 on: June 03, 2017, 04:54:52 pm »
Incident now brought to safe conclusion. Road to open shortly.