Author Topic: Roads in the area  (Read 357972 times)

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: Road conditions in the area
« Reply #585 on: April 14, 2017, 11:49:42 am »
It was nice to see that footage Ian but I'm staying put until after Easter Monday and certainly will keep away from Llandudno  until next Thursday at least.
With regard to the traffic problem caused by the work on the Castle Hotel, a  spokesman for Bowmer & Kirkland said the company would do "everything it could" to reopen all roads before 28 April.
I hope that happens because the Victorian Extravaganza is the next big event in the town

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #586 on: April 14, 2017, 12:38:46 pm »
I noticed this morning that the cones have been replaced outside the Tudno Castle stopping traffic from Vaughan Street crossing over to Vaughan Street thus giving priority to traffic exiting Llandudno from Mostyn Street.

The cones are accompanied by a couple of no entry signs secured with sandbags so I cannot see them being moved over again like yesterday.

The traffic from Vaughan Street is being diverted down Mostyn Street once again but, unfortunately, for visitors the diversions are not signposted again to inform them they can turn into Clomnel Street, St George's Place or North Parade.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #587 on: April 20, 2017, 01:28:16 pm »
I was driving along the A470 from Llandudno to Glan Conwy Corner and just past the round about by Narrow Lane the traffic had come to a halt. I waited about 10 minutes and with hardly any movement going on,  I did a U turn and went down Narrow Lane to the round about.
I was then able to see the reason for the hold up, the Police and Ambulances were there so there had obviously been a crash somewhere near the junction with the round about.
I just hope that the accident wasn't too serious and that no one was hurt in it.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #588 on: April 20, 2017, 05:18:57 pm »
I was driving along the A470 from Llandudno to Glan Conwy Corner and just past the round about by Narrow Lane the traffic had come to a halt. I waited about 10 minutes and with hardly any movement going on,  I did a U turn and went down Narrow Lane to the round about.
I was then able to see the reason for the hold up, the Police and Ambulances were there so there had obviously been a crash somewhere near the junction with the round about.
I just hope that the accident wasn't too serious and that no one was hurt in it.
I got caught in that hold up, very slow traffic, but kept moving,  it cleared as I reached the roundabout, the wooden fence on the left was smashed, presumably part of the scene.
While moving forward slowly, I noticed out of the corner of my eye, a vehicle overtaking me, my usual reaction, started to kick in, .... XXXXX  ... fortunately it did not,.....it was a hearse, unusually in a hurry.

Offline Bosun

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #589 on: May 05, 2017, 04:35:31 pm »
Today at lunchtime - westbound A494 onto the A55, a Tony Doyle Meats van (complete with personalised plate).....

.....and the driver texting.

Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may have been given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #590 on: May 12, 2017, 04:30:25 pm »
If anyone is going to St Asaph from the Talardy roundabout on the A55 be prepared for long delays as road works are ongoing in The Roe.  On Wednesday we were stuck on the roundabout for a while and then decided to go back along the A55 and go to Trefnant through the St Asaph Industrial Park instead.
A friend of mine did the journey yesterday and said that it was horrendous and that the works may be going on for another three weeks

Offline barry b

parking meters in llandudno
« Reply #592 on: May 15, 2017, 08:38:43 am »
got a bit confusing yesterday when trying to park near the pier--parking machines at the moment dont take the new pound coins-- i needed £3 and had 1 old pound coin and one £2 coin but there was no info on which coins the meter took-anybody got any info?

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #593 on: May 15, 2017, 12:21:14 pm »
Hi Barry B,
We have two similar machines at Holy Trinity Church, supplied and maintained by the same company i.e. Metric of Swindon. The company up-graded our machines as long ago as last September to accept both old and new £1 coins. In addition our machines accept £2 coins and others down to 5p.
I would have thought the Council ones probably do too.

Offline barry b

« Reply #594 on: May 20, 2017, 12:02:39 pm »
thanks for the info-on the day i visited i needed to get close to the water to launch my kayak- didnt want too long a carry

Offline Hugo

« Reply #595 on: May 21, 2017, 11:00:44 pm »
There is a campaign to cut horse and rider deaths, but are the Police doing enough to prosecute offending drivers?        In the Sychnant Pass incident last year a driver killed a horse and the horse rider was lucky that she didn't sustain serious injuries.   The driver also left the scene before the Police arrived and then the Police decided not to prosecute the driver

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-39991077

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-39720754

Offline Bosun

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #596 on: May 22, 2017, 02:35:50 am »
There is a campaign to cut horse and rider deaths, but are the Police doing enough to prosecute offending drivers?        In the Sychnant Pass incident last year a driver killed a horse and the horse rider was lucky that she didn't sustain serious injuries.   The driver also left the scene before the Police arrived and then the Police decided not to prosecute the driver

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-39991077

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-39720754

Hugo, I entirely agree with your sentiments, but, remember, its the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) that make the decision as to whether to prosecute, not the Police, and unless they think that there is a 75% chance of a conviction, (they call it 'a realistic chance')  they will not prosecute. This is wrong on a number of levels - firstly that cases are decided as to whether they are prosecuted or not by a Civil Service department that is more interested in the success of it's own conviction rate than justice and secondly, the standard of quality of CPS solicitors and personnel in general is pretty woeful. If a solicitor is of any competence, he will not be working for the CPS, but out in private practice milking the legal system.     
Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may have been given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #597 on: May 22, 2017, 08:56:50 am »
Bosun,  I've got nothing but admiration for the Police in the job they do and realise that sometimes their hands are tied by procedure but sometimes I think that justice only comes at a price.
I've been a victim of such a decision but in a more minor way.    My car was damaged in a parking space, the incident was caught on CCTV and a witness left a note on my car and was also seen on CCTV.   In addition the lady driver's red BMW had left paint marks all over my car.
The Police told me that they would not take any further action against the driver and would not test the red paint which would have given them irrefutable proof of the accident.
I had to accept their decision but wasn't  prepared to let her get away with it and instructed my insurance company to prosecute her and I came to a settlement with the insurance company so I wasn't out of pocket
I hope that that lady rider did something similar as her incident was so traumatic for her

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: parking meters in llandudno
« Reply #598 on: May 22, 2017, 09:24:17 am »
got a bit confusing yesterday when trying to park near the pier--parking machines at the moment dont take the new pound coins-- i needed £3 and had 1 old pound coin and one £2 coin but there was no info on which coins the meter took-anybody got any info?
Once again, the level of CCBC incompetence is breathtaking. The launch of the new £1 coin was flagged months in advance, there is no excuse for this.  &shake&

On a more positive note, the promenade gardens are looking great this year, a lot of work has gone into getting them looking smart. Well done to the gardeners involved!  $good$

Offline Bosun

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #599 on: May 22, 2017, 09:41:01 am »
Bosun,  I've got nothing but admiration for the Police in the job they do and realise that sometimes their hands are tied by procedure but sometimes I think that justice only comes at a price.
I've been a victim of such a decision but in a more minor way.    My car was damaged in a parking space, the incident was caught on CCTV and a witness left a note on my car and was also seen on CCTV.   In addition the lady driver's red BMW had left paint marks all over my car.
The Police told me that they would not take any further action against the driver and would not test the red paint which would have given them irrefutable proof of the accident.
I had to accept their decision but wasn't  prepared to let her get away with it and instructed my insurance company to prosecute her and I came to a settlement with the insurance company so I wasn't out of pocket
I hope that that lady rider did something similar as her incident was so traumatic for her

Hugo, the circumstances and decision that you describe are completely wrong, they set an appalling standard. But I have to ask, who made that decision? I would suggest that it was some clerk or PCSO, I'd be utterly appalled if it was a decision by a real Officer. And, I would have referred it to the Professional Standards Department for an explanation. But, it is the way things are going. I was in Liverpool recently and there were two girls who looked the age of schoolgirls in the fourth form. They were dressed in all the Police kit, the stab resistant vests, speed cuffs, radios etc and high vis vests with 'PCSO' on the back above large letters saying 'TRAFFIC OFFICER'. I complained to them about a badly parked car that was blocking me in. They looked completely dumbstruck and utterly at a loss. They had no idea what to do. It also turned out that neither of them could even drive.....