Author Topic: Roads in the area  (Read 371123 times)

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: Road conditions in the area
« Reply #480 on: October 31, 2016, 02:50:28 pm »
There are traffic lights at the top of Kings Drive in Colwyn Bay and a 3 way light system is in operation.   Parking of the vehicles doing the work is thoughtless at its best and plain stupid at its worst.
A bus turning to the right at the top of the hill was blocked in and when I returned uphill the bus was still stuck with vehicles having to turn left and go up St Andrews road instead.
I then found that my way was blocked by two vehicles parked alongside each other and the driver seemed oblivious to the fact that he was causing an obstruction and only moved when i beckoned him to do so.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #481 on: November 27, 2016, 04:32:56 pm »
The other day at about 3.00 pm,  I was travelling from Llandudno to Colwyn Bay and the traffic had stopped in Brompton Avenue about 300 yards from the big roundabout.
The school run and the one way system along Colwyn Bay promenade combined to make it virtual gridlock.  The traffic did move albeit very slowly but I felt sorry for the drivers in the side roads as no one was allowing them to get into Brompton Avenue.
If anyone has to drive that way it's best to avoid that time of day if possible.

Offline cygnusx-1

« Reply #482 on: November 27, 2016, 05:18:54 pm »
Do not tell anyone but  I leave Llandudno at about 5:00pm each weekday and have used DInerth Road to get to the West End and find it much quicker proving no one is actually sitting on the mini roundabout when the lights are on red. It would help if no cars were parked on Conway  Road at the West End so that cars could pass those wanting to turn right into KIngs Road......if that idea is used I want to claim the usual consultancy fee+Vat!

PS....keep the escape route a secret or I will get very annoyed if I am delayed.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #483 on: November 28, 2016, 10:51:35 am »
Do not tell anyone but  I leave Llandudno at about 5:00pm each weekday and have used DInerth Road to get to the West End and find it much quicker proving no one is actually sitting on the mini roundabout when the lights are on red. It would help if no cars were parked on Conway  Road at the West End so that cars could pass those wanting to turn right into KIngs Road......if that idea is used I want to claim the usual consultancy fee+Vat!

PS....keep the escape route a secret or I will get very annoyed if I am delayed.
Good plan, it's a nightmare in the West End at the moment with the prom closed.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #484 on: November 28, 2016, 11:24:11 am »
It's become a lot easier to park in Llandudno town in the past few weeks. Got spots right where we needed to be in Mostyn Street and Madoc street lots of times, used to be impossible even at this time of year. Perhaps people doing more shopping at the retail parks and not town?

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #485 on: November 28, 2016, 11:24:58 am »
...or the internet.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #486 on: November 28, 2016, 12:44:09 pm »
That's true. I saw loads of adverts for black friday that Amazon were reducing their fire sticks to £25 but had no idea I could also pick them up from Currys for the same price

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #487 on: November 28, 2016, 03:24:53 pm »
It's become a lot easier to park in Llandudno town in the past few weeks. Got spots right where we needed to be in Mostyn Street and Madoc street lots of times, used to be impossible even at this time of year. Perhaps people doing more shopping at the retail parks and not town?

...Or even on the pier!
What I mean is, I never open my pier shop at this time of year, because I realised about 5 years ago that anyone doing any Xmas shopping wouldn't dream of walking half a mile out to sea. (I know I wouldn't)
But, on Saturday, I popped on there to meet a customer and I ended up staying there for four hours!
I was pretty much raking it in, so much so that I opened again on Sunday.
It was pleasing, but so much at odds with what happened in the past, I'll not dare risk it again.

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Hugo

« Reply #488 on: January 04, 2017, 05:12:48 pm »
The road conditions on the West Shore were perfect today but our attention was focused on a car being driven very slowly down the middle of the road.    It was only when the car passed us that we could see the reason why he was driving so slowly, he was busy texting on his phone.
He was completely oblivious to the car driving up behind him and he carried on driving for a great distance before he pulled in.

He was completely irresponsible with his driving and as his MOT had expired on 15th Nov 2016 I wonder what would have happened if he had been involved in a car crash.

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #489 on: January 04, 2017, 05:56:37 pm »
I followed a slow moving car through Deganwy later this afternoon. He appeared to be setting his sat nav.
Btw how did you find out about the expired MOT?

Offline Hugo

« Reply #490 on: January 04, 2017, 07:03:54 pm »
Put " Car tax checker" into Google then go into the  DVLA site that appears.    If you put the registration number and make in, it will give you the info.

The DVLA has a new systen called Beta which is unfortunate as it is much worse than the previous system, if I can't find the vehicle there I use another website

Offline Dave

« Reply #491 on: January 05, 2017, 05:02:32 pm »
Put " Car tax checker" into Google then go into the  DVLA site that appears.    If you put the registration number and make in, it will give you the info.

The DVLA has a new systen called Beta which is unfortunate as it is much worse than the previous system, if I can't find the vehicle there I use another website

Didn't know that!
I have just checked a couple of my old cars to find out where they are now, well if they are still on the road. Interesting that my last one, a 9 year old VW Passat Diesel with 180,000 on the clock, and which I was advised was too expensive to keep maintaining, is still going strong 5 years later. It went to auction somewhere when I traded it in. I was sorry to see it go , especially as I'd hoped to take it to the magic 250,000 mile mark.
Probably made it now.
Probably has 78,000 on the clock too. :o :o

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #492 on: January 05, 2017, 06:18:50 pm »
The road conditions on the West Shore were perfect today but our attention was focused on a car being driven very slowly down the middle of the road.    It was only when the car passed us that we could see the reason why he was driving so slowly, he was busy texting on his phone.
He was completely oblivious to the car driving up behind him and he carried on driving for a great distance before he pulled in.

He was completely irresponsible with his driving and as his MOT had expired on 15th Nov 2016 I wonder what would have happened if he had been involved in a car crash.

I was walking round the edge of the rougher car park by the beach café at West Shore on Saturday and was nearly sideswiped by a blue Renault. As he lurched round in a circle, over the grassy bank and round I saw why. A small child was sitting on the driver's knee and steering. How stupid can some people be?
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #493 on: January 05, 2017, 06:22:09 pm »
How long have you got?  :'(
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #494 on: January 05, 2017, 10:28:14 pm »
If texting and using the mobile phone while driving is as dangerous as drink driving and this is what the authorities are saying, then why aren't the penalties the same?
It should be an automatic driving ban for anyone using a mobile phone.   I don't think that the Police are doing enough to stamp out this practise.