Author Topic: Roads in the area  (Read 358338 times)

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: Roads in the area
« Reply #1080 on: November 19, 2019, 01:34:06 pm »
I drove to Llandudno earlier today and there had been a two car crash by the mini roundabout in Llandudno Road  Penrhyn Bay.      The two cars involved were quite badly damaged and the two vehicles were parked off the road.
No sign of any emergency vehicles so I hope that there was no serious injuries to anyone.
It can be a difficult roundabout if you don't take care approaching it

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #1081 on: November 22, 2019, 03:55:00 pm »
Fun and games on my visit to Glan clwyd this afternoon, running a bit late when we saw blue lights joining the A55, closely followed by a police car from behind, a short time later we got past the accident, just as Fire service pulled up behind us and the road was closed at 1.30 PM

Got to my appointment on time, usual wait, all good news....however when we were returning, looking down onto the A55 we noticed it was closed, in both directions, and we were diverted through Abergel without to much delay, although we thought it was strange that the road was closed in both directions, on our return we checked the news, and found out a truck had struck a bridge Westbound....

The Daily post story...
First crash
LIVE: A55 closed in both directions as emergency services deal with two 'serious' crashes
Two vehicles are involved in the crash.
"Emergency services are currently dealing with a crash on the A55.
One lane is closed on the eastbound carriageway of the A55 at Bodelwyddan following a two-vehicle crash.
Police said the "nearside lane" is closed as a result of the crash between the Three-ways Garage and the turnoff for Bodelwyddan.
Delays are building in the area.

"The ambulance service say that one person was taken to hospital after the second crash.
We were called on Friday 22 November at approximately 13:19 to reports of a road traffic accident involving two vehicles on the A55 near Bodelwyddan. We responded with one emergency ambulance. One patient was transported to Glan Clwyd Hospital, Bodelwyddan.”

Fire service update
The fire service said they were initially called to reports of a crash involving a lorry and car on the road.
There was then an incident where a lorry hit the bridge.
Two crews are currently on the scene assisting other emergency services with the incident.

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/live-lane-closed-a55-bodelwyddan-17300834

Offline Dave

« Reply #1082 on: November 22, 2019, 04:24:41 pm »
I drove to Llandudno earlier today and there had been a two car crash by the mini roundabout in Llandudno Road  Penrhyn Bay.      The two cars involved were quite badly damaged and the two vehicles were parked off the road.
No sign of any emergency vehicles so I hope that there was no serious injuries to anyone.
It can be a difficult roundabout if you don't take care approaching it

Like all roundabouts it should be easy but you get traffic flying through because they believe that they can go as fast as they want and don't have to indicate their intentions either. Driving standards nowadays appear to be going down the drain with aggressive, rude, inconsiderate and incompetent driving being the norm and yet we are led to believe it's harder than ever to pass your test. Maybe a lot of drivers have the memory span of a goldfish.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1083 on: November 22, 2019, 04:57:06 pm »
I'm inclined to agree with you Dave and on that particular roundabout when I'm driving from Llandudno  I tend to stop and look towards Glanwydden because you have no view of the traffic coming from your right

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1084 on: November 23, 2019, 10:36:24 am »
There were after effects from yesterdays A55 crash, apparantly after the roads were reopened, enthusistic drivers caused a four car pile up. resulting in further delays, and it continues this morning with a rolling roadblock on the eastbound carriageway while repair work was carried out to the eastbound carriageway after damage was caused by the crash.

On a more moooooooving note, a photo of a car driving through Colwyn Bay yesterday !

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1085 on: November 23, 2019, 02:46:42 pm »
More A55 animal news this morning, road closed on and off for an hour, by sheep on the carriage way near Bangor.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1086 on: December 01, 2019, 12:45:21 pm »
Reading a story in the DP, I noticed this number if you spot debris on the road.

North & Mid Wales
@TrafficWalesN
By the looks of things someone has given up on the exercising before Christmas. this exercise ball was retrieved by our traffic officers this morning by the side of the #A55 at Penmaenbach headland.

if you see any debris along our network give us a call on ☎️ 0300 123 12 13

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1087 on: December 05, 2019, 01:53:20 pm »
 double decker bus has crashed into a ditch near Rhuddlan.

The Arriva Buses Wales vehicle crashed on Ffordd Abergele - known as the Abergele Straights - at around 11.30am today.
Images from the scene show the bus at a 45 degree angle off the road, resting in a hedge.
Nobody has been hurt and recovery is taking place, with a road closure currently being put into place.   DP

Arriva statement...."We are aware of an incident that occurred on Ffordd Abergele near Rhuddlan, where a bus was blown off the road due to severe cross wind.
“Recovery of the vehicle is currently underway, and an investigation is under way.”

Offline rhuddlan

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1088 on: December 05, 2019, 02:16:23 pm »
I'm assuming it was empty as that road doesn't normally have their buses on it!

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1089 on: December 05, 2019, 02:38:17 pm »
I'm assuming it was empty as that road doesn't normally have their buses on it!
From the DP
Full police statement
A police spokesperson said:

We were called at 11.30am after a bus went off the road and ended up in a bush.
“Traffic has been moving as the bus is completely off the road.
“Recovery arrived on the scene at 11.48am.

“No passengers were on board and it was just the driver at the time.

“At 11.53am, they put in a closure between Rhuddlan Roundabout and the St Asaph Avenue Roundabout.”

Ongoing DP live report   https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/live-double-decker-bus-crashes-17368092

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1090 on: December 05, 2019, 02:44:59 pm »
Rhuddlan gets quite windy at times,  it must have been a shock for the driver at the time and let's hope that he wasn't injured in the crash

At least Bob Francis Crane Hire wasn't that far away to recover the bus

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1091 on: December 05, 2019, 02:52:20 pm »
Rhuddlan gets quite windy at times...............   &shake&

Offline SteveH

Re: Roads
« Reply #1092 on: December 12, 2019, 11:59:20 am »
Police were called to an area of the A1 after reports that a HGV had been blown onto its side.
But when responding officers arrived, their own patrol car was struck by another falling lorry. The Motorway CCTV of the exact moment can be viewed.... https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/watch-moment-lorry-crushes-police-17399649

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1093 on: December 14, 2019, 05:14:13 pm »
No undertaking - abandoned hearse found on A55
It was towed away this afternoon after being discovered on the road on Anglesey

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1094 on: December 21, 2019, 09:49:58 am »
AN OVERNIGHT closure on the A55 will be in place tonight as emergency bridge repairs get underway.

North and Mid Traffic Wales have said that a full overnight closure of the Eastbound Carriage at Junction 19 (Llandudno Junction/Black Cat) will be in place on Saturday, December 21 from 7.30pm until 6am.