Author Topic: Roads in the area  (Read 358348 times)

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Re: Roads in the area
« Reply #1065 on: October 22, 2019, 01:10:59 pm »
There was an update on today's hearing at Llandudno Magistrates Court 
Carys Parry, defending Waterhouse, said: "He takes full responsibility for the devastating events of the early hours of Monday morning on this campsite.
"He's truly and deeply remorseful for his actions."                That's a stock phrase that all the defence solicitors seem to repeat in traditional Parrot fashion nowadays
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-49420251

Sad news,   
"A mum who was left fighting for life after a driver crashed through her tent at a campsite has died.
Anna Roselyn Evans was critically injured during the incident in the early hours of Monday August 19 at Rhyd y Galen campsite near Bethel in Gwynedd."
https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/woman-hit-car-drove-over-16826127

Drink driver who killed mum by crashing into her tent sobs as he is jailed for 8 years and banned from driving for 12 years
Jake Waterhouse injured three others as he drove drunkenly around Rhyd y Galen Caravan Park.

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/drink-driver-who-killed-mum-17125366

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1066 on: October 22, 2019, 01:54:46 pm »
In that instance I thought the sentence too light.  Through simply drinking too much he's deprived children of their mother, a husband of his wife and parents of their daughter.  I believe causing death in that manner deserves a true whole life sentence.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1067 on: October 22, 2019, 02:28:03 pm »
In that instance I thought the sentence too light.  Through simply drinking too much he's deprived children of their mother, a husband of his wife and parents of their daughter.  I believe causing death in that manner deserves a true whole life sentence.
Especially with the added impact on the family of have to make the further decision, regarding turning of the life support system.

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #1068 on: October 22, 2019, 03:35:49 pm »

The sentence was far too light for the crime committed and the chances are that he won't serve the full term whereas it's a life sentence for the woman's family.
It was horrific and then the driver runs away from the scene after causing the carnage
Would this Jake Waterhouse be the same person who was wanted by the Greater Manchester Police in 2016 i wonder?

https://twitter.com/gmpolice/status/796661317293735936?lang=en

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1069 on: October 23, 2019, 02:36:55 pm »
MOTORISTS face weeks of disruption as works on a new supermarket development get underway.

A sign is in place on the roundabout in Llandudno Junction - that leads off to Ffordd 6G Road, Conway Road, New Road and Ferndale Road - stating that roadworks will be in place from October 21 until May 2020.

The works - which include temporary traffic lights and take in New Road and 90m length from the bus shelters off the roundabout - are in relation to the new Lidl, being constructed on the site of the former Arriva bus depot and North Wales Weekly News / Daily Post sites.
https://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/17987513.motorists-face-weeks-roadworks-chaos-construction-begins-llandudno-junction-lidl/

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1070 on: October 23, 2019, 03:59:59 pm »
I was having a drink near there recently and the area stank,  there has been a problem near there in the past with the sewage smell and it certainly hasn't been sorted out yet
That's not a very good thing to have near a food outlet store so there may be some further delays in the future

Offline Hugo

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1072 on: October 31, 2019, 03:33:40 pm »
Authorities' warning to 'avoid walking along the carriageway at all costs' after 35 incidents in a month in North Wales.

Startling CCTV footage shows a pedestrian venture out into the middle of the carriageway in the Pen-y-Clip tunnel near Conwy - where the speed limit is 70mph.

https://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/18006009.authorities-warning-avoid-walking-along-carriageway-costs-35-incidents-month-north-wales/

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1073 on: November 09, 2019, 11:06:42 am »
Police are warning of hazardous conditions of the A470 through the Bwlch Oerddrws pass due to snow.
Snow has also been reported on the Berwyn Mountains and Horseshoe Pass near Llangollen as well as in Llanefydd, Pen-Y-Pass, and Capel Curig

A470 at Dolwyddelan

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1074 on: November 09, 2019, 10:36:04 pm »
It was a lovely sunny day yesterday when we drove up the Horseshoe Pass but what a change in just 24 hours

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/gallery/snow-covered-north-wales-captured-17229540

Offline Meleri

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #1075 on: November 11, 2019, 04:02:23 pm »
Sychnant Pass Road is now closed from Today 11th November until 20th December due to SP Energy laying HV cables.

Offline SteveH

Re: Roads in the area................ Road Safety
« Reply #1076 on: November 17, 2019, 12:36:47 pm »
Mrs H asked me the difference in these two photos, I struggled, untill I saw the full Road Safety poster, there is a child in both photos.... this goes for adults as well as children, but we make our own choices, children don't.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1077 on: November 17, 2019, 02:07:12 pm »
We were driving down the A470  from Llanrwst to Glan Conwy yesterday,  I was a passenger in the front seat when I noticed a car coming towards us flashing its headlights.
Tellytubby who was driving the car said it was because some nutter was overtaking a number of cars and had pulled in sharply behind him and had norrowly avoided hitting the rear of Tellytubby's car.
The moran who was driving this small white van then overtook us and another vehicle before overtaking a third on a blind bend and luckily for him there was no other car coming around the corner
Earlier on we had been talking about the benefits of a dash cam and he had been thinking of buying one but this incident may have convinced him to do so.    In the future I'm sure that cars will be sold with the dash cams already included as the standard of driving is not  going to get better

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1078 on: November 17, 2019, 06:02:43 pm »
A similar incident on the same stretch of road led to me submitting dash cam footage to the Police who are prosecuting the driver in question. 
« Last Edit: November 17, 2019, 07:49:28 pm by Ian »
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1079 on: November 19, 2019, 12:24:35 pm »
LLANDUDNO
Bryniau Road ( by North Wales Golf Club ) in Llandudno is causing delays, due to road resurfacing work.

CONWY
Gas emergency and pipeline service, Wales & West Utilities is working to upgrade gas pipes in the Castle Street area of Conwy.

The work, which is essential to keep the gas flowing to heat homes and power businesses in the area so that people are safe and warm for generations to come, will start on 25 November and will finish on 1 December 2019  cont  https://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/18045578.upgrade-works-gas-pipelines-start-conwy/