Author Topic: Roads in the area  (Read 358410 times)

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: Roads in the area
« Reply #1020 on: August 21, 2019, 12:05:47 pm »
That's a good idea Bri.      When I was driving to work in Bangor some years ago I was stopped at the Llanfairfechan roundabout by the Police and they were redirecting traffic back to the Junction
The road was blocked due to flooding west of Aber so I just returned home and had a day off work but if I had seen a sign like you have mentioned I could have gone to Bangor via Capel Curig

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #1021 on: August 21, 2019, 12:19:00 pm »
My daughter has just phoned, Hugo.

They are now on their way back from YG but stuck in a queue on the A55 because of an accident on the other side of the road but in the same vicinity as the earlier accident.

Ambulance Service Statement

We were called on Wednesday 21 August at approximately 11.18am to reports of the A55 near Abergwyngregyn.
“We responded with two emergency ambulances. The incident is currently ongoing.”

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #1022 on: August 21, 2019, 02:39:17 pm »
And another one.........

The eastbound carriageway of the A55 has been shut at Llangefni in Anglesey after the trailer - which was carrying a minibus - came loose from the vehicle carrying it and crashed into the central barrier.  ref DP

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1023 on: August 21, 2019, 05:29:57 pm »

They are now on their way back from YG but stuck in a queue on the A55 because of an accident on the other side of the road but in the same vicinity as the earlier accident.

We were called on Wednesday 21 August at approximately 11.18am to reports of the A55 near Abergwyngregyn.
“We responded with two emergency ambulances. The incident is currently ongoing.”

That's hard luck Bri but I hope that the journey was worth it and that your daughter is ok

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1024 on: August 21, 2019, 05:36:22 pm »
There was an update on today's hearing at Llandudno Magistrates Court 
Carys Parry, defending Waterhouse, said: "He takes full responsibility for the devastating events of the early hours of Monday morning on this campsite.

"He's truly and deeply remorseful for his actions."         &shake&         That's a stock phrase that all the defence solicitors seem to repeat in traditional Parrot fashion nowadays

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-49420251

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1025 on: August 21, 2019, 10:41:04 pm »

There were 4 people taken to Bangor Hospital as a result of the collision on the A55 by Aber.   It was certainly a bad day on that road today 

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/live-multi-vehicle-crash-a55-16790688

Offline SteveH

Re: Roads in the area...............A470 CLOSED near Dolgarrog accident
« Reply #1026 on: August 23, 2019, 03:16:51 pm »
UPDATED15:06, 23 AUG 2019     DP

A major road has been closed following a crash.

Motorists are being urged to avoid the A470 near Dolgarrog in Conwy following a collision.

Long delays are expected in the area.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1027 on: August 28, 2019, 10:36:12 am »
There was an update on today's hearing at Llandudno Magistrates Court 
Carys Parry, defending Waterhouse, said: "He takes full responsibility for the devastating events of the early hours of Monday morning on this campsite.
"He's truly and deeply remorseful for his actions."                That's a stock phrase that all the defence solicitors seem to repeat in traditional Parrot fashion nowadays
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-49420251

Sad news,   
"A mum who was left fighting for life after a driver crashed through her tent at a campsite has died.
Anna Roselyn Evans was critically injured during the incident in the early hours of Monday August 19 at Rhyd y Galen campsite near Bethel in Gwynedd."
https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/woman-hit-car-drove-over-16826127

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1028 on: August 28, 2019, 11:30:20 am »
Wonder if the driver will now face causing death by dangerous driving? Very sad.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1029 on: September 02, 2019, 02:52:10 pm »

Offline SteveH

Re: Roads in the area............... A470 Police Incident
« Reply #1030 on: September 06, 2019, 04:26:51 pm »
Daily Post news.......... Lots of bits, but nothing definite

A470 shut in both directions due to serious police incident
The road between Llanrwst and Tal Y Cafn has been closed
A forensic worker at the scene of a police incident on the A470 near Maenan, north of Llanrwst.
A police helicopter flying near the scene of an incident on the A470 near Maenan, north of Llanrwst
awaiting further information

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1031 on: September 06, 2019, 05:01:50 pm »
Been rather busy down there.

A 24-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of wounding following an incident which closed part of a major road in Conwy county on Friday.

Two people were taken to hospital, one via air ambulance, after a fight which shut the A470 at Maenan, near Llanrwst.

A weapon has been recovered from the scene and North Wales Police are not looking for anyone else.

Police were called to the scene at about 12:05 BST and the road reopened shortly after 15:00.

David Hughes, manager of the nearby Maenan Abbey Hotel, said a woman used the hotel's phone to report that a man covered in blood tried to grab her car keys."
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Offline Dave

« Reply #1032 on: September 06, 2019, 07:05:00 pm »
A strange by unpleasant affair it seems.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1033 on: September 06, 2019, 07:09:04 pm »
I'm sure Steve will unearth the grisly details soon. 

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1034 on: September 06, 2019, 07:46:38 pm »
I'm sure Steve will unearth the grisly details soon.

The local news is the same as the BBC is reporting, apart from "The local schools were put on lock-down while police dealt with the incident."   

"Grisly" details tomorrow if any.