Author Topic: Roads in the area  (Read 357993 times)

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Re: Roads in the area ..........Bryniau Rd, closed
« Reply #1005 on: July 22, 2019, 02:37:51 pm »
Bryniau Rd, in Llandudno, CLOSED ..........  Road has collapsed, outside North Wales Golf Club,  diversions in place, Builder St. jammed, had fun getting through.

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: Roads in the area
« Reply #1006 on: July 22, 2019, 05:56:54 pm »

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1007 on: July 24, 2019, 05:42:22 pm »
We drove to Anglesey yesterday and there was a long queue of traffic waiting to go over the Britannia Bridge, the weather was outstanding so it was not unexpected to see the queue so long.
Coming home on the A55  from Valley there was a long section of the eastbound carriageway closed and the traffic was diverted to one lane on the westbound side.
The Welsh Office did say that no repair work would be carried out on the A55 during daylight hours and they had kept their word as there was no worker to be seen on the closed section of the A55

Offline Dave

« Reply #1008 on: July 24, 2019, 06:09:49 pm »
Probably too hot to work yesterday.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1009 on: July 28, 2019, 11:32:28 am »
From August 1st there will be two weeks of temporary changes in and around Llanrwst.

* Llanrwst will become one way only; vehicles going from Llandudno end will have to turn left after the Meadowsweet hotel and follow the back roads until they emerge after the town.
* Most roads in Llanrwst will become no parking zones for the same period.
* The bridge across the river will become one-way, leading away from the town.
* Crossing the river from Trefriw to reach Llanrwst will involve a 17 mile detour via Betws or North via Tal y Cafn.

Should be lots of fun...
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1010 on: August 02, 2019, 02:31:01 pm »
Today I planned to take Mrs H to Llangollen to see the Horseshoe falls and the Aqueduct, so we set off on the A55 to St Asaph and then to drive up the Vale of Clwyd and down the Horseshoe Pass.   
We had just gone past the Threeway's Roundabout in Abergele when the traffic came to an abrupt halt and there was no movement in either eastbound lanes and there are no slip roads then until you reach Bodelwyddan.  So we were stuck there for about half an hour and then the traffic started moving.
The problem was just past the Petrol Station where the Police and Fire Service were attending to the burnt out wreckage of a car.   I hope that no one was hurt by that incident but that was enough for us so we turned back and headed for home and ended up having a nice lunch in Marmalade's Cafe in Rhos on Sea.
We have decided not to visit Llangollen until September when the roads will be a lot quieter

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1011 on: August 02, 2019, 03:25:52 pm »
Here is an article about the car that was on fire on the A55

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/live-a55-eastbound-closed-bodelwyddan-16688049

The westbound lane of the A55 in Abergele doesn't seem any better

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/live-three-vehicle-crash-shuts-16688786

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1012 on: August 02, 2019, 04:47:14 pm »
OH NO, THERE'S MORE!       IT HASN'T BEEN A GOOD DAY ON THE A55 TODAY

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/live-four-vehicle-a55-crash-16690516

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #1013 on: August 04, 2019, 12:48:32 pm »
Tickets being issued as motorists fail to heed one-way signs in Llanrwst on Eisteddfod route.  ref Pioneer

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1014 on: August 10, 2019, 02:19:22 pm »

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1015 on: August 18, 2019, 12:32:45 am »
I was driving to Llandudno on Saturday evening at about 6.45 pm and outside Hickory's in Rhos On Sea there had been a car crash. It would appear that a car was coming out of Church Road and was hit by another car with L plates that was travelling towards Llandudno
It didn't appear that anyone was hurt as a result of the accident thankfully and when we drove past a short while later the Police car was on the scene taking statements,

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1016 on: August 21, 2019, 10:20:29 am »

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #1017 on: August 21, 2019, 11:39:37 am »
Yes. Our daughter had a 10.30am appointment in Ysbyty Gwynedd and I saw the news coming through at 8.50am.

Mrs R was driving so they went down the A470 and up the A5.

She messaged me at 10.25am to say they were there.  &well&

I hope the child and other two passenger all make a fully recovery.

It is at times like this that it would be useful to run a water taxi from Llandudno Pier to Bangor Pier. 

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1018 on: August 21, 2019, 11:50:55 am »
It was a good job that you saw the news Bri or Mrs R could have been stuck in all that traffic.     I hope too that the people involved in the accident make a full recovery
There have been a number of road accidents in North Wales recently but I hope that the forthcoming Bank Holiday traffic will be accident free

It seems that you are not even safe off the roads after what happened in the campsite recently.     

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-49411705

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #1019 on: August 21, 2019, 11:57:23 am »
Yes, Hugo.

However, I wonder how quick someone was to put that detour information on those electronic signs east of the Conwy tunnel?