Author Topic: Police Effectiveness  (Read 68475 times)

Offline Big Alan

• Scouse not English
Re: Help needed RE: awful story of Police running dog over on purpose
« Reply #180 on: February 24, 2016, 08:31:45 pm »
Get back in your box Fred. Go and make up some more lies. DON'T BUY THE S**         
Justice for the 96

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
Re: Help needed RE: awful story of Police running dog over on purpose
« Reply #181 on: February 24, 2016, 09:10:52 pm »
Get back in your box Fred. Go and make up some more lies. DON'T BUY THE S**         

Well said Al. I didn't realise he was from that rag!
Valar Morghulis

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: Police Effectiveness
« Reply #182 on: October 15, 2017, 10:49:34 am »
Uninsured vehicle seizure by Police up 50% in three years but I've noticed that the North Wales Police are bottom of the list.  I'm not surprised really because they seem to be deploying resources elsewhere.    This week I've seen the Arrive Alive van in its usual position by the Llandrillo Technical College whereas they could be chasing cars with no tax or no MOT.

For some inexplicable reason they don't seem to be chasing the motorists who intentionally break the law by having no MOT, no Road Tax or displaying illegal number plates

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-41583266

Offline Robbie G

« Reply #183 on: October 16, 2017, 07:18:04 pm »
I think you will find that all the Arrive Alive vans have all the latest technology including ANPR ,I suppose it will find its way to the department responsible and action will be taken against the offenders at least I hope so .

Offline Hugo

« Reply #184 on: October 16, 2017, 10:48:32 pm »
I wish that I had your optimism Robbie but I'm more cynical about it.

Offline Robbie G

« Reply #185 on: October 17, 2017, 07:43:14 pm »
I can understand you being cynical about the whole issue with the Arrive Alive vans Hugo ,I thought it was a road safety measure but it appears to be a money making exercise ,when did you see a van parked in an accident black spot area ,its actions like this that alienate the public against the Police , do you know if we have lost our force helicopter ? 

Offline Hugo

« Reply #186 on: October 17, 2017, 10:58:31 pm »
Don't get me wrong Robbie as I've nothing but respect and admiration for our Police Officers.    I believe that it is the restrictions placed on the officers due to their budget that stops them from doing their duties properly.
I have been unfortunate to have been a victim of  criminal acts that could have been resolved if only the Police had taken the matter to a conclusion.   I believe that they just went through the motions but budget restrictions meant that justice would have to come at a price and they were not prepared to do that.

My own opinion on these Arrive Alive vans is that they should be placed in an accident black spot like the A55 or A470  beyond Glan Conwy but I don't think that it's a money making machine to have them by the Llandrillo Tech as they would soon go bankrupt if it was, as I think that most drivers expect to see the vans there.
Sorry but I have no info on the Police helicopters although I do still see them overhead some times

Offline Robbie G

« Reply #187 on: October 20, 2017, 02:49:28 pm »
I think we are both singing from the same hymn sheet Hugo  , we might differ on the reasons for lack of effectiveness from the police on various issues ,I have no doubt that the government cut backs have played a part  , but I think the main reason is the amount of red tape and political correctness ,together with the sickness culture in the forces . Another reason which has been discussed on the forum recently does the punishment fit the crime , I could go on and mention other reasons but hopefully things can only get better .

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #188 on: October 20, 2017, 04:12:48 pm »
Another very big issue ?  That takes up a lot of their time are the mental health problems, they are having to deal with. I recently heard a young copper state * I did not join up for this *  and I understood where is was coming from,
he wants to catch bad guys,

Offline Hugo

« Reply #189 on: October 21, 2017, 12:37:53 pm »
Robbie,  I'm not even sure if the Arrive Alive van by the Tech has got ANPR  cameras on board.    If they have they would have that fact printed on the van somewhere.
However even if they had ANPR cameras on the van it would be a pointless exercise anyway as once a vehicle has been spotted without road tax or Mot the vehicle should be stopped and taken off the road.
Those vans would need a backup Police car to stop the offending vehicle and they do not have that backup, certainly not on a regular basis.

I can't understand why there are so many vehicles on the road that are untaxed or have no MOT.    It's all on computers and the DVLA and the Police have access to those records,   It's not exactly rocket science.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #190 on: June 29, 2019, 02:24:55 pm »
It has been exactly one week since that horrific incident in Llewelyn Avenue   Llandudno when a young man in a dark grey car deliberately run over a flock of Seagulls and killed 4 and one other had a broken wing
Most local people will have heard about it but since then I have not heard one other word about the incident.  I've thought long and hard about it but I'm not posting the report of the incident as personally I found it too graphic and upsetting.
What concerns me is the fact that this vile act will go unpunished if there is no effort make to bring this culprit to justice

I have read two reports, one by the Police following the incident and the second by RSPCA  Inspectors who follow up crimes of cruelty. In my humble opinion they seem to be contradictory and the two groups should pool there resources because after all the Police have the CCTV cameras and only a window of about 15 minutes to look at and obtain the car detais etc

North Wales Police, who say the RSPCA is looking into the matter, were called to the scene and closed the road while the birds were taken away.
A statement published on the force's official Facebook page, said: "We are aware of the horrific incident in Llewelyn Road, Llandudno in which a number of seagulls were killed after reportedly being hit by a vehicle.
"The RSPCA, which has investigative and prosecution powers, has been informed and is looking into the matter."

When RSPCA inspectors have reason to believe that an offence has been committed, they prepare a case file containing evidence such as witness statements, photographs, and veterinary or other expert advice.
We, unlike the police, have no special powers to gather evidence.

But we use the law to ensure any evidence gathered can be used in court.
Once the investigation is complete, the file is submitted to our prosecutions team, who consider whether the case ought to be prosecuted.

I hope that I am wrong but are the Police in this case passing the buck?      Let's hope that this culprit is caught quickly

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #191 on: July 01, 2019, 02:18:12 am »
I hope they catch the driver, shocking thing to do!  >:(
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Hugo

« Reply #192 on: July 01, 2019, 11:24:32 am »
Let's hope that the lack of news isn't just a lack of apathy on behalf of the Police and that they are actually doing something to catch this vile person.       
They know the time and the place where it happened so looking at the CCTV couldn't be easier

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #193 on: July 01, 2019, 08:47:25 pm »
The Hawkeye Camera is positioned outside The Gresham Bar, and faces up Llewelyn Ave.
There’s not a chance they don’t have the car registration on the CCTV.
It all depends whether there is a will to do it.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Hugo

« Reply #194 on: July 01, 2019, 10:21:48 pm »
Thanks very much for that information Fester that's very promising.         Those poor birds can't speak up for themselves so I'll certainly be following it up with the authorities as I'm sure many others will be doing the same
If someone can be so vile as that what else could he be guilty of?