Author Topic: Pubs of Conwy  (Read 45782 times)

DaveR

• Administrator
Re: Pubs of Conwy
« Reply #75 on: May 17, 2019, 09:29:46 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I know it wasn't strictly a 'pub' but does anyone have any memories/pics/info of the Castle Marina at the Castle end of Castle Street?
That’s the one directly behind the bus shelter, I think? For some reason, the name ‘Wheelhouse’ comes up for me?

Cambrian

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #76 on: May 17, 2019, 07:20:32 PM »
Both names ring a bell with me too.  I am ready to be corrected by Conwy readers, but I have a vague recollection that around 1969/70 wasn't it also a "trendy" men's outfitters owned by Robin Trevor, a Llandudno Junction plumber and councillor, who also ran an undertakers' business from premises up the alley alongside the Municipal Offices opposite.

spotty dog

• Member.
« Reply #77 on: May 17, 2019, 08:01:17 PM »
It's the same pub_nightclub converted by the Flyns who also owned the County Hotel Llandudno

Cavernite

« Reply #78 on: May 27, 2019, 02:07:26 PM »
Just looking on Google Streetview and yes it was behind the bus shelter although my fading memory tells me it was wider, maybe the Indian and No. 33 next door.

I remember the bar was down the left hand side and shaped like a boat's hull. I think there may also have been a large boat's steering wheel somewhere on the wall near the entrance and loads of netting on the ceiling.

It was a venue that could be hired for events and I last went there in about 1982 for a wedding do.