Author Topic: Financial matters  (Read 131878 times)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
Re: Price Inflation
« Reply #60 on: November 06, 2010, 01:01:12 am »
Hey Scott ... depends what you call earning ''a living''  ... most days I wish I was.

Last I heard, you earned yours by dipping into the pay packets of others and taking our money   Isn't that what HMC is all about?

If you want it, buy it you say?  ......  when HMRC want it,  they pass a new law ... and steal it !!

You know I love you though .... :-* :-*    By the way, where did that smily with the lovehearts disappear to??

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Scott

« Reply #61 on: November 06, 2010, 01:07:04 am »
Hey Scott ... depends what you call earning ''a living''  ... most days I wish I was.

Last I heard, you earned yours by dipping into the pay packets of others and taking our money   Isn't that what HMC is all about?

If you want it, buy it you say?  ......  when HMRC want it,  they pass a new law ... and steal it !!

You know I love you though .... :-* :-*    By the way, where did that smily with the lovehearts disappear to??

Half a living.......Nah HMRC dont' change the law it's always been the same...you earn it you pay tax on it (at higher rate IF you earn enough) dunno where the smiley has gone but you wouldn't put love hearts on your tax return would you?

« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 08:15:00 am by Ian »

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #62 on: November 06, 2010, 01:16:00 am »
Tax return?   What's a tax return?   Z** Z**

Filling one of those in would be like asking Dr Harold Shipman to look after my parents.

Or asking Beverley Allit to babysit for my kids,

Fester...

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #63 on: November 06, 2010, 09:00:36 am »
Are you Ken Dodd's love child? ;D
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #64 on: November 06, 2010, 07:34:04 pm »
Nemesis ... that suggestion is Tattyfilarious !!
Fester...

Offline Trojan

« Reply #65 on: November 07, 2010, 04:17:31 am »
Mrs Fester did mention you were one of the "Diddy Men"  ;D

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #66 on: November 07, 2010, 08:40:08 am »
 _))* _))* _))* _))*

Yorkie

« Reply #67 on: November 07, 2010, 11:03:48 am »
With a tickling stick!                                        :laugh:  :laugh:

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #68 on: November 07, 2010, 03:29:39 pm »
Don't forget Dickie Mint !!!! :-X :o _))* *&(

Offline Scott

« Reply #69 on: November 07, 2010, 04:16:47 pm »
I can't help but notice that the price of very basic things is increasing at an alarming rate.
I got a real shock when I accompanied Mrs Fester around Asda this week...and then other independent shops around town.
Since when did a packet of crisps become 55p?   Or a single bar of chocate become 55p to 65p?
A pint of lager I bought last night had been increased for the THIRD time in a few months ... always by 10p each time.

This is despite one of the Govt's inflation measures being negative,  and the other being in small single figures per annum.
It is also BEFORE the VAT increase, which will only exacerbate the situation.

Has anyone else noticed this?   
Hey Fester
if it makes you feel better and not quite so lonely in your ranting I've just been to my In-laws house and father-in-law spent a long time complaining about the price of crisps these days and how his favourite brand (made in Bradford) a packet of 6 has gone up from £1 to £1.20 'ish. Yawn........it's not something I eat very often but he is 90 years old next week so I 'listened sympathetically & intently'.....Should i ask him about chocolate too?...

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #70 on: November 07, 2010, 07:04:29 pm »
An elderly relative recently quoted that there was a time when a pint of milk, a loaf of bread, and a pint of beer all cost the same. Unfortunately I forgot to ask "How long ago?".

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #71 on: November 07, 2010, 07:35:31 pm »
Stan ... they would all cost roughly the same NOW, if it wasn't for the tax leel on beer!

Hey Scott... ranting am I?
Nah don't ask him, it sounds like your sympathetic ear is all worn out for one week ...... you'll be 90 one day, and you too will be moaning about the cost of thngs.
Knowing you as I do, it will be the cost of Bike repair, Gym membership ....and bottles of wine!   Z** Z**
Fester...

Offline Scott

« Reply #72 on: November 07, 2010, 09:10:21 pm »
I do 'sort of' worry about that now  :P (or should I say my other half does!) it's the mundane things like food I don't really have much interest in, that's done on a 'needs-must' basis to keep the family fed and happy.

Maybe when I'm 90 I won't need my bike & gym and the tipple will be sherry!

Incidentally that Panorama programme about the tax man that they pulled is on tomorrow night on BBC1 at 8.30.

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #73 on: November 07, 2010, 09:42:30 pm »
Stan ... they would all cost roughly the same NOW, if it wasn't for the tax leel on beer!

I don't know how much the tax is on a pint of beer. However a pint of milk on the doorstep is about 47/48p and a standard loaf somewhere between £1 and £1.30 or even more!!

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #74 on: November 08, 2010, 12:42:51 am »
Shopping selectively (and wisely) in Asda,  gets me 2 litres of milk for about 70p,  and whatever bread they have on special offer for roughly the same.
The total tax on a pint of lager is roughly 75%,   thus making a £3.00 pint,  down to 75p if it wasn't for the tax man.  (or woman Scott!)

Fester...