Author Topic: Financial matters  (Read 132004 times)

Offline Scott

Re: Tax
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2010, 11:55:03 pm »
I'm afraid I am unable to comment on your question...and it wouldn't be much fun if me & you were in agreement.  _))* and anyway would I ever admit it if we were??

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2010, 12:13:56 am »
I'm afraid I am unable to comment on your question...and it wouldn't be much fun if me & you were in agreement.  _))* and anyway would I ever admit it if we were??

Its like being bleedin' married!   ..... without the sex.
No, hang on .... it IS EXACTLY like being married then....!   L0L L0L
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 01:18:25 am by Fester »
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2010, 02:56:18 pm »
There is a TV programme on Monday that may give  everyone more understanding of the current problems that the general public and HMRC staff are facing.
It is Panorama and is on BBC 1 at 8.30pm  Adam Shaw hears from whistlebowers from inside HMRC.   It sounds like interesting viewing and people can then form their own opinions.

Offline Scott

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2010, 10:12:49 pm »
If it's the same (or similar) to one that was on BBC1 a couple of weeks ago....yep watch it.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2010, 11:32:31 pm »
I would rather watch paint dry than watch a programme about tax, and HMRC problems.

The general public just need to look at their wage slips,  P60 forms, Tax Code notifications and the petrol pumps prices to know what the problems with tax are.

There is just TOO MUCH of it.

Fester...

Offline Scott

« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2010, 12:00:06 am »
Obviously nothing is going to change your opinion or make you see differently, I give up on you Fester no point in continuing to try anymore. 

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2010, 12:10:43 am »
Steady on ..... and you are right, you can't change my opinion on the only fundamental point I have made.

There is TOO MUCH TAX.

Fester...

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2010, 08:09:18 am »
Yet - interestingly - those who earn the most from the UK pay the least in Tax....
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2010, 11:55:45 am »
The advertised programme on Panorama last night wasn't shown for some reason   ???  so we couldn't hear what the whistle blowers had to say.   I don't think that it was the programme that you are thinking of Scott, I think this one is about insiders revealing just what the employees think of everything.

Yorkie

« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2010, 12:00:55 pm »
I often wonder exactly how much of each pound remains in circulation?

The chap who earns it pays tax
He spends and the shopkeeper pays tax
The shopkeeper spends and whoever he spends with pays tax
He pays his employees and they pay tax

Ad infinitum     )*)&

Does anybody actually know???

Offline Scott

« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2010, 11:58:30 pm »
The advertised programme on Panorama last night wasn't shown for some reason   ???  so we couldn't hear what the whistle blowers had to say.   I don't think that it was the programme that you are thinking of Scott, I think this one is about insiders revealing just what the employees think of everything.

They didn't say why it wasn't shown on Monday but sounds definitely similar to the one I saw one BBC1's Tonight programme a couple of weeks ago.  Insiders eh!!!!!

Offline Scott

« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2010, 12:04:18 am »
I often wonder exactly how much of each pound remains in circulation?

The chap who earns it pays tax
He spends and the shopkeeper pays tax
The shopkeeper spends and whoever he spends with pays tax
He pays his employees and they pay tax

Ad infinitum     )*)&

Does anybody actually know???

And the people who are paid a salary to collect the tax pay tax on their earnings at the same rate as everyone else.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2010, 12:11:57 am »
...And there was me thinking there would be a special 'staff rate' for HMRC employees ....  there has to be some perks!

Fester...

Offline Scott

« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2010, 12:17:49 am »
...And there was me thinking there would be a special 'staff rate' for HMRC employees ....  there has to be some perks!

Maybe when/if the Panorama is shown the whistle blowers will reveal them to all of us.......I will be interested to hear what they are!

Offline Blongb

• I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2010, 03:33:01 pm »
Very, very, easy to call HMRC and they have done very little to help their cause, but in a vain attempt to explain what went on: HMRC’s old computer  :rage: was designed for an era when most people had just on job and mostly paid tax by PAYE. So because things have moved on they introduced a much more sophisticated computer which has vastly more computing power. This machine was able to quickly and efficiently show up tax payers who had more than one job, but who were claiming the full tax allowances on all their earnings, when in fact they were only entitled to claim the tax allowance on the first wage. Once that allowance was used up, it was and is illegal and immoral to expect honest tax payers to subsidise them. They got away with paying too little for too long and now it’s caught up with them. My heat bleeds.    ¢¢##
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)