Author Topic: Local services  (Read 16128 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
Re: Aerial Ladder Platform (ALP)
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2012, 09:45:49 am »
Don't hold your breath with anything to do with LHA ! From experience they never get on with anything !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline dwsi

« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2012, 11:48:34 am »
Emergency services were alerted to the fire in Kinmel Bay at around 11.45pm on Saturday and called on crews from Rhyl, Abergele and St Asaph, as well as Bangor’s aerial ladder platform.

Arson attack in North Wales destroys 12 cars and lorry
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/2012/08/27/arson-attack-in-north-wales-destroys-12-cars-and-lorry-55578-31703199/

Bangor aerial platform travelling had to travel to the scene because Rhyl fire fighters were fully committed at the scene. This makes it very worrying for Llandudno if there was a fire in town.

Offline Blongb

• I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2012, 04:46:52 pm »
Don't hold your breath with anything to do with LHA ! From experience they never get on with anything !

I think you are being very disingenuous with your LHA comments. David Williams, ever the gentleman, conducts a huge amount of unpaid work on member’s behalf, most of which is carried out under the radar. It’s never been his way to rant and rave in public. 
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2012, 07:32:52 am »
The town needs someone to come too the front and start ranting and raving before we lose more things,this is the reason the town is in a mess,not one politican will stand up for the town,i say rant and rave and more of it.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2012, 07:48:12 am »
The town needs someone to come too the front and start ranting and raving before we lose more things,this is the reason the town is in a mess,not one politican will stand up for the town,i say rant and rave and more of it.

You don't seem to be doing such a bad job yourself Wrex!   Do a Mrs Pankhurst and chain yourself to the Town Hall railings!   I'll arrange for regular cups of tea and food.     :D

Can I ask a simple question Wrex?   When was the last time you actually put pen to paper and wrote to the Council pointing out their shortcomings?   It is all very well to put your comments on this Forum but, as you say, direct action is what is called for.  Lobby your Councillors and write and complain.  Even to the Local Government Ombudsman should you feel it necessary.  Z**
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2012, 09:11:13 am »
I know for a fact that Wrex has been in regular contact with the Town Council on various issues, as I have seen his name mentioned in the minutes of committee meetings, regarding letters sent in.  $good$

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2012, 11:27:02 am »
I know for a fact that Wrex has been in regular contact with the Town Council on various issues, as I have seen his name mentioned in the minutes of committee meetings, regarding letters sent in.  $good$

Thanks  ( $thanx$) for that, but I would have preferred Wrex to have answered, then if he wasn't getting any satisfaction I could have added my weight to his efforts.  We were both on the Council at the same time so are well known to each other, and both have similar feeling about the inefficiency and lack of attention among many of the Members.  However, written comments to the council stand a better chance of being dealt with than a telephone call.   E-mail, for some inexplicable reason, gets very little response or no response at all.

I have been constantly on their backs which is why they eventually cut off my communications with them (see some previous posts re problems this caused and is still causing)!

Cicero

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2012, 11:50:05 am »
Yorkie it was about two years ago about xmas lights,each councillor recieved a letter from me,ten replied via mail and one phone call,not one agreed with me,most where just polite thank you for writing,they did invite me onto the sub-committee maybe to try and shut me up,because they have taken no notice of what i put in the letter whatsoever.On here though i can air my views with a few responses.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2012, 01:55:29 pm »
I'll start to badger them too.  They owe me one!   ;D
Cicero

Offline Micox

• Ad Free Member
  • zooooooooot
    • family history
Disabled People.
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2013, 07:05:48 pm »
 $yes$ I thought it was about time that the seemingly hidden (Forgotten? Pushed out of sight?) substantial section of local society was given an airing on this site.

First let me explain: people are disabled by the obstacles thrown up by the society they live in and NOT by any impairments they have from accident or disease; obstacles which are any barriers which discriminate against them, making them less equal than others. Reading between the lines, I expect several examples of stigma and prejudice in contributions from members of this forum.

Anyway, let me ask a practical question to start off. Does anyone know where the local ATOS office is?  $angry$

Heddwch.

Mike. 
Micox

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
Re: Disabled People.
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2013, 07:39:13 pm »
If you mean ATOS Healthcare they have an assessment centre at Colwyn Bay in the Job Centre Plus building in Coed Pella Road.
Valar Morghulis

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2013, 09:33:47 pm »
$yes$ I thought it was about time that the seemingly hidden (Forgotten? Pushed out of sight?) substantial section of local society was given an airing on this site.

First let me explain: people are disabled by the obstacles thrown up by the society they live in and NOT by any impairments they have from accident or disease; obstacles which are any barriers which discriminate against them, making them less equal than others. Reading between the lines, I expect several examples of stigma and prejudice in contributions from members of this forum.

Anyway, let me ask a practical question to start off. Does anyone know where the local ATOS office is?  $angry$

Heddwch.

Mike.

Micox,  with all due respect....what are you on about?
Examples of stigma and prejudice toward disabled people from members of this Forum?  Z**

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2013, 10:01:04 pm »
Reading between the lines, I expect several examples of stigma and prejudice in contributions from members of this forum.

Anyway, let me ask a practical question to start off. Does anyone know where the local ATOS office is? Heddwch.
Mike.

What other questions have you?  It would seem to be easier to answer them all at the same time.

Personally, I have never seen or experienced any form of stigma or prejudice from any person on this forum, and am wondering what is your real hidden agenda.

¢¢##
Cicero

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2013, 11:07:50 pm »
 $drink1$
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Blongb

• I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2013, 11:11:38 pm »

First let me explain: people are disabled by the obstacles thrown up by the society they live in and NOT by any impairments they have from accident or disease; obstacles which are any barriers which discriminate against them.

I'm abled bodied and I'm discriminated in a major way when it comes to Parking. Everywhere you go in Llandudno there is an overabundance of free parking for the disabled and yet they are still allowed to ignore it, finding it far more convenient to abandon their vehicles on yellow lines and road junctions or any other inconvenient spot they so choose. How’s that for discrimination in action?  $angry$ $angry$ $angry$.....
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)