Author Topic: Unusual accomodation/location?  (Read 8905 times)

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
Re: Unusual accomodation/location?
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2012, 07:56:43 pm »

So come on, broaden your horizons, you only live once..... see the world!

Having read all of that, I've been abroad twice and I'm not keen to go again, I also dislike travelling on public transport (apart from trips on preserved steam railways)  There is still so much to see in the uk, no need to go abroad. Anyway I don't want to be apart from my birds D)
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2012, 07:58:48 pm »
Please let me have your mobile number I think I can help with your issue of accommodation

Rosie, no such request has been made... and you sent me a private message saying the same, for some strange reason.

Perhaps Rosie is a bot collecting mobile numbers?

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2012, 08:02:00 pm »
Please let me have your mobile number I think I can help with your issue of accommodation

Rosie, no such request has been made... and you sent me a private message saying the same, for some strange reason.

Perhaps Rosie is a bot collecting mobile numbers?
No, Roise is a genuine member. Perhaps she's got the wrong end of the stick and thought somebody was after accommodation locally.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2012, 08:10:19 pm »
Like Fester I have also had a lifetime of travel - not quite as many countries but nevertheless very similar experiences.    I always eat the local food where possible but draw the line at monkeys brains, sheep's eyes and dogs!!!!    I'm not quite so fussy about my hotels now. For our many holidays in Portugal, we have found that some of the smaller hotels are just as comfortable and one is not paying extra for the glitz and glamour.   The atmosphere in the smaller places is also more friendly, the prices cheaper and every bit as comfortable.   We do use 5* in the Winter as their prices are then on a par with the smaller hotels.   

Our cruises are the usual overall standard but again as long as we have an outside cabin we don't care what deck it is on.  We still enjoy the ship, the food, the excursions and entertainment exactly the same as those who pay for the most expensive suites.  We certainly don't go on a cruise to stay in our own bedroom, for that's what a cabin is!   
 ZXZ
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2012, 08:10:44 pm »
Fair enough! Apologies to Rosie!

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2012, 08:24:27 pm »
Yorkie, perhaps it would have been more accurate if I had pointed out that in quite a few countries, I have never really 'seen' them.
By that, I mean that I have flown in, had a meeting.... been driven to a hotel, and dropped off again at the airport less than half a day later.

Countries I have visited, but never seen, include Singapore, Dubai (I know its not a country) and Luxembourg.

I spent an entire 3 hours of my life in Belgium.... over 2 hours of that was in a project meeting.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline suepp

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2012, 09:24:41 am »
Try this website for quirky places to stay, I intend to try one or two of them out when I have the money and the time!

http://underthethatch.co.uk/

Offline Paddy

« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2012, 07:26:52 pm »
I once spent a very "interesting" night in a hurricane shelter in Barbados. Does that count as "quirky"?