Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2646882 times)

Offline Dave

Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #7320 on: November 25, 2016, 05:43:57 pm »
VV   Christmas Lights Switch-On's across North Wales 2016    %0%

Our guide to when the Christmas lights switch on across Anglesey, Gwynedd, Conwy, Denbighshire and Flintshire

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/whats-on/christmas-lights-switch-ons-across-12212066

Llandudno...... I*
Llandudno: Llandundo Town Council Annual Christmas Parade will take place on December 3 starting at 4pm from Llandudno train station. The parade leaves the railway station at 4pm and proceeds along Vaughan Street, into Mostyn Street and then into Lloyd Street with the trams stopping outside the Town Hall. There will be entertainment outside the Town Hall from 2.40pm, with the lights being switched on at the Town Hall by Deputy Mayor Cllr Francis Davis just before the parade turns into Lloyd Street.
Christmas lights in Llandudno, how many bulbs this year ? Time to swop them to LED's and then they could move in to double figures!

Offline Big Alan

• Scouse not English
« Reply #7321 on: November 25, 2016, 08:45:02 pm »
Brilliant seeing Fester and Dave R this afternoon. Me and Paula look forward to seeing you again soon. We are back on Boxing Day for a few days. Nice one lads $good$
Justice for the 96

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #7322 on: November 25, 2016, 09:30:52 pm »
Brilliant seeing Fester and Dave R this afternoon. Me and Paula look forward to seeing you again soon. We are back on Boxing Day for a few days. Nice one lads $good$

As they say where you're from, it was 'boss' mate!
Boxing Day eh?  I'll be here, I may even be open, if I've anything left to sell.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #7323 on: November 26, 2016, 06:49:41 pm »
A picture showing some of the maintenance going on at the Great Orme tramway.
The tram itself is raised up off the track via that frame, and the bogie wheel assembly has been removed.
Fester...

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #7324 on: November 28, 2016, 11:10:42 am »
Because.....Trams like us baby we were born to run  $good$

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #7325 on: November 28, 2016, 01:35:38 pm »
Because.....Trams like us baby we were born to run  $good$

Thanks for putting THAT song in my head..... you..... #%##%
Fester...

Offline OrmeMac

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #7326 on: November 28, 2016, 05:34:09 pm »
The tram itself is raised up off the track via that frame, and the bogie wheel assembly has been removed.

I'm surprised they do much work there. I would have thought they'd have done all the maintenance inside at the halfway building swapping trams as required.

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #7327 on: November 28, 2016, 07:51:08 pm »

I'm surprised they do much work there. I would have thought they'd have done all the maintenance inside at the halfway building swapping trams as required.

But that would mean they could only do one tram at a time.
Valar Morghulis

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #7328 on: November 29, 2016, 01:16:50 am »

I know I'm a bit drunk at this hour, and that's probably YOUR fault, but, isn't there only one track at the bottom and the top station?   

EDIT: Edited by DaveR to correct formatting.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 08:26:51 am by DaveR »
Fester...

Offline OrmeMac

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #7329 on: November 29, 2016, 11:18:49 am »

I just thought that at the halfway station they could work on two of the trams indoors and work on a third tram indoors at the Summit complex as well if they wanted. The two lower trams could then be swapped over to work on the fourth tram rather than work in the open (albeit with a roof) at Victoria Station.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #7330 on: November 29, 2016, 04:01:52 pm »
Ah but they can't get to the summit and half way stations as the trams aren't running!  ;D
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #7331 on: November 29, 2016, 10:48:18 pm »

I just thought that at the halfway station they could work on two of the trams indoors and work on a third tram indoors at the Summit complex as well if they wanted. The two lower trams could then be swapped over to work on the fourth tram rather than work in the open (albeit with a roof) at Victoria Station.

I know what you mean but this way all the bogies can be refurbished at the same time, as opposed to doing them seperately, which would be more time consuming and possibly cost more with extra transportation costs.
Valar Morghulis

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #7332 on: December 02, 2016, 02:34:14 pm »
End of an era for Llandudno post office.
For more than a hundred years the grand post office on Vaughan Street served the people of Llandudno.

Its closure just weeks ago marked the end of an era for the seaside town - now customers will have to use the service in WHSmith on Mostyn Street.
The old post office was opened in 1902 next to MOSTYN art gallery.

Following its demise the gallery has put on an exhibition about the postal service, with workers sharing their stories alongside work by contemporary artists.
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/end-era-llandudno-post-office-12240188

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #7333 on: December 07, 2016, 10:21:44 am »

Offline pebbles

« Reply #7334 on: December 11, 2016, 01:33:56 am »
Is the pier open to walk down at the mo? I know it usually is in the winter, but pretty sure i remember reading that last winter it was shut for a while.. We're thinking of maybe coming for a day this Friday, thought i'd ask the people who'd know  ;D