Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2613505 times)

Offline Bosun

• Ad Free Member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #7260 on: October 06, 2016, 09:41:02 am »

Reckless and belligerent mobility scooter riders

Yeah sorry about that

You hooligan.
Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may have been given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #7261 on: October 06, 2016, 09:59:22 am »
Reckless and belligerent mobility scooter riders
Yeah sorry about that
You hooligan.

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #7262 on: October 06, 2016, 10:14:52 am »
I wonder if electrically propelled bicycles will continue to be used?

If so, will the next stage be mechanically propelled mopeds under 50cc?

Offline Bosun

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #7263 on: October 06, 2016, 10:20:22 am »
I wonder if electrically propelled bicycles will continue to be used?

If so, will the next stage be mechanically propelled mopeds under 50cc?

Yes, and then go-karts, motorised skateboards and jet-bikes, then autogyros and helicopters landing on the prom..... I've already seen the Council workmen measuring up for a runway....
Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may have been given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #7264 on: October 06, 2016, 12:23:29 pm »
http://www.ultimateescape.co.uk/

Not seen much about this reported - nice to have something for the under 80s in Llandudno, one in Abergele has just opened as well.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #7265 on: October 06, 2016, 12:48:52 pm »
As featured in series 7 of The Big Bang Theory.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #7266 on: October 08, 2016, 11:00:07 am »
And this years Oscar nomination goes to Mari Jones reporter for the Daily Post............... ;)

The moment a seagull mugs Daily Post reporter for her ice cream
This is a moment a Daily Post reporter was attacked by a flock of seagulls - for her ice cream!
Mari Jones was enjoying a vanilla ice cream in Llandudno when a pesky seagull grabbed it out of her hand.
It wasn’t long before the sky was full of seagulls, all trying to get a lick of the ice cream.

Full article with video of the award winning performance and photos with comments...........
 http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/moment-seagull-mugs-daily-post-11996088

Offline Hugo

« Reply #7267 on: October 08, 2016, 11:22:18 am »
And this years Oscar nomination goes to Mari Jones reporter for the Daily Post............... ;)

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/moment-seagull-mugs-daily-post-11996088

Mari's cornet was certainly at arm's length and she looked a bit nervous posing for the inevitable.     I wasn't so lucky when the little b****r  pinched mine just as I was about to eat it!

Offline Tom Davidson

• Ad Free Member
  • Daily Post hack
« Reply #7268 on: October 08, 2016, 01:15:23 pm »
To be fair to Mari, she holds out the ice cream because she doesn't want the birds attacking her face.
After all what is time, a mere tyranny.

Offline Meleri

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #7269 on: October 08, 2016, 02:09:44 pm »
You are such a Gentleman Tom for protecting Mari, but it looks very staged ;) Maybe the members of the Conwy Council Task & Finish Group could give her one of their leaflets to discourage her from feeding the seagulls. &shake&

Offline Tom Davidson

• Ad Free Member
  • Daily Post hack
« Reply #7270 on: October 08, 2016, 03:32:52 pm »
The reason it looks staged is because it was, sort of. As far as I'm aware, Mari had noticed just how much abuse other ice-cream eaters were getting from the gulls and wanted to find out for herself what it was like... Not sure she deserves some of the abuse she's been getting on Facebook. Obviously not Pulitzer Prize winning but they can't all be. 
After all what is time, a mere tyranny.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #7271 on: October 08, 2016, 03:59:55 pm »
The reason it looks staged is because it was, sort of. As far as I'm aware, Mari had noticed just how much abuse other ice-cream eaters were getting from the gulls and wanted to find out for herself what it was like. 

Then I would suggest, that was the story, an experiment on behalf of those being "abused", and not "seagull mugs Daily Post reporter".

Offline Hugo

« Reply #7272 on: October 08, 2016, 04:02:58 pm »
It's very good that Mari was able to highlight a growing problem in the town but she's a good reporter and should stick to her day job.
I don't do Facebook but no one deserves any abuse for just trying to help in bringing this matter to our attention

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #7273 on: October 08, 2016, 05:17:35 pm »
I'm not sure that what she did differs much from any investigative reporter. Reporters routinely place themselves at risk to get stories and they hope that the camera will capture the outcome so the story can be publicised. The fact is that seagulls swoop on ice cream holders and chip eaters: that's a fact, and she deserves plaudits for taking the risk to show what's happening.  It might not be exactly under fire in war-torn Namibia, but as home-grown stories go it's an issue here, so well done.

Most people would be surprised to see how little of what appears on TV News is actually the genuine, untouched footage. Cutaways, Noddies, dubs and staging are par for the course.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #7274 on: October 08, 2016, 06:04:48 pm »
.  It might not be exactly under fire in war-torn Namibia, but as home-grown stories go it's an issue here, so well done.

:laugh: :laugh: Loving that!   :laugh: :rage:
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -