Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2615581 times)

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #7095 on: June 18, 2016, 08:52:14 am »
Just seen this on Facebook, sounds terrible!

I would like this photo to get back to the owner of the husky that attacked my dog on Wednesday 15th June outside Bon Marché in Llandudno

I have contacted the police who have said they can not prosecute but I would like her to see what her negligence caused (she had no control over her dog as she was talking to someone with her back to her dog on a loose lead)
Molly was taken to the vet straight away, I knew something was wrong due to the amount of blood, the vet said Molly was lucky that her abdomen wasn't punctured
I knelt on the pavement with Molly while passers by expressed their concerns at what they had witness and offered me tissues to mop up the blood. At no point did the owner of the husky make any attempt to see if Molly was ok and simply walked off

I really feel the owner should be made aware of what her dog did while under her "control"
I also want to tell residents and visitors to cross the road if they see a blonde woman with a husky for the sake of their own pets
So far the vet bill is over £250 but Molly needs 2 more appointments so we are expecting this to be in excess of £500 which I would pay ten times over for my pet but she shouldn't have had to go through this at over 12 years old

We ended our holiday early due to this irresponsible dog owner to give Molly the best recovery back at home
I can honestly say yesterday was the worst day of my life, there are no words to describe what it feels like to see your beloved pet tossed in the air in the jaws of something that could have potentially killed her

I don't want an apology from her, it would mean nothing now the damage is truly done
I want to make her and others aware of what negligence can cause and possible save another dog from going through the pain Molly is right now
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #7096 on: June 18, 2016, 02:19:47 pm »
That is disgusting, I am a dog owner and have been nearly all my life. If anyone's dog did that to my pet I would personally make them pay for their negligence. Poor Molly, I wish her well.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #7097 on: June 18, 2016, 05:47:36 pm »
My sentiments exactly Nemesis, it's a shame that no one stopped the woman from walking away from the incident but I hope that someone does come forward to identifying the woman and the Husky.
I hope that Molly makes a full and speedy recovery

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #7098 on: June 19, 2016, 01:09:43 pm »
Sat on the beach this morning watching tri-athlon,kids playing everywhere and a big dogs log sat on the sand right opposite the two wardens,i told them and they moved it but what a shame they did not clean it first thing

Offline Hugo

« Reply #7099 on: June 19, 2016, 02:42:04 pm »
Good for you pointing out the offending poop to those wardens but,  shame on them for having to be asked to remove it.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #7100 on: June 19, 2016, 02:43:36 pm »
Not sure what the Triathlon is meant to bring to the town.
Having the disruption and road closures, coupled with about 1000 less car parking spaces is pretty much guaranteed to deter tourism, and it's hard enough for visitors as it is.
Still, look on the bright side, the weather is always appalling on Triathlon day, every year without fail, so hopefully they'll get the message and give it up soon.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #7101 on: June 19, 2016, 02:58:23 pm »
You think it's cursed?  WWW WWW WWW
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline bigbadhenry

« Reply #7102 on: June 20, 2016, 08:00:23 am »
Not sure what the Triathlon is meant to bring to the town.
Having the disruption and road closures, coupled with about 1000 less car parking spaces is pretty much guaranteed to deter tourism, and it's hard enough for visitors as it is.
Still, look on the bright side, the weather is always appalling on Triathlon day, every year without fail, so hopefully they'll get the message and give it up soon.

I guess a lot of the pubs and shops lose out, but maybe the B&B and cafes gain.

Seems there something on the prom most weekend.

I just don't go into town on weekend anymore.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #7103 on: June 23, 2016, 04:58:43 pm »
The biggest let-down was the state of a well-known store (W.H. Smith) on the main street and how they think they would get away with presenting themselves like this is beyond me. The windows were covered in old sticky tape residue, ripped parts from old posters and current posters had fallen down. To be honest I didn't dare go inside for fear of being covered in cobwebs or stock falling on me.

OrmeMac I think they read your post, I passed today and the windows looked clean, no tape and new displays quite a difference .....did not go in, so not sure about the cobwebs...... ;)

Offline SteveH

« Reply #7104 on: July 01, 2016, 03:07:16 pm »
AN HISTORIC ship is to return to North Wales for twenty action packed days of sailing.

After a triumphant return to service last summer and her very successful short visit to Llandudno, MV Balmoral will return to the region next week.

The ship arrives at Llandudno Pier at 10.15am on Thursday, July 7 for one of the UK’s 'classic' day excursion voyages - a trip calling at Menai Bridge and Caernarfon before then cruising around the Isle of Anglesey, down the Menai Straights and under the two famous bridges before returning to Llandudno at 5.45pm.

The famous voyage will be repeated several times as well as shorter trips to view the Great Orme, Puffin Island and Point Lynas.
In addition the vessel will call regularly at Liverpool giving the opportunity for many hundreds of Liverpudlians to cruise down to Llandudno and spend an enjoyable day at the Queen of Welsh resorts.

To book tickets and for full details of all sailings go to TIC in Llandudno or to book online by visiting www.whitefunnel.co.uk

Alternatively call 0117 325 6200.                                                                  refPioneer

Offline SteveH

« Reply #7105 on: July 13, 2016, 05:39:48 pm »
WORK to remove larger stones from Kiddies’ Corner on Llandudno’s North Shore is underway.

The area west of the short jetty will be riddled and the larger material removed beyond the end of the slipway as well as the lower beach where the donkey rides operate.

The sand next to the short jetty will be graded up to the line of the Cenotaph, to improve access and make it easier for the pleasure boats to operate and the area will then be surf-raked, with any excess material moved to the steps to help the donkeys get onto the beach.

Routine beach profiling will also take place between the two jetties on North Shore.

Alison Shields, of the Restore Our Beach campaign, said: “It is something Restore Our Beach had been asking for as an interim measure, and making the beach accessible, along with other members of the coastal forum.
“The beach couldn’t remain in the state it was, with sea defences taking over.”

Cllr Carol Marubbi, mayor of Llandudno, said: “Anything that tidies up that corner has to be a good thing. I’m 100 per cent behind it.”

The work, which began last week and is expected to take 10 days, will take place between 8am and 8pm – subject to tides - and is expected to be completed before the start of the school holidays.       refPioneer

Offline Hugo

« Reply #7106 on: July 13, 2016, 06:01:50 pm »
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 06:12:19 pm by Ian »

Offline Tom Davidson

• Ad Free Member
  • Daily Post hack
« Reply #7107 on: July 14, 2016, 09:07:56 am »
Bit of a misleading headline if you ask me... not that we'd ever do that at the Post!  :roll:
After all what is time, a mere tyranny.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #7108 on: July 18, 2016, 02:23:17 am »
Took a walk up the Gt Orme at midnight, and snapped these with the iPhone.
It really doesn't do the view justice at all, but it was a blissful view over West Shore across to Conwy mountain.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #7109 on: July 18, 2016, 07:48:28 am »
Nice - especially the second one.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.