Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2613255 times)

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #6990 on: May 01, 2016, 10:41:53 pm »
   Sorry Fester. You never used the word "hate" and I should not have written it. Could I say dislike? But I do think even if you are correct you are in a minority. The majority view is that he is harmless and brings a bit of a smile to strangers. And I must repeat. There were plenty of people genuinely pleased to rush out to both of them. I was behind on the two days I saw it for myself.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6991 on: May 01, 2016, 10:49:57 pm »
   Hello Hollins. I'm sorry by mistake I addressed my reply to Nemesis, because she had commented later and I must be falling asleep. I didn't notice who had written the first post.
  All my remarks about Facebook I redirect to you. I think its marvellous. I know plenty of people will disagree but I just speak as I personally find. Oh, and I must admit my conceit I've just spent around half an hour to have a look at myself, without any luck. Serve me right 

Offline hollins

• Management board member
« Reply #6992 on: May 02, 2016, 10:28:09 am »
Sorry you couldn't find the photos of you Mike.
They are on the, "You know you are from Llandudno...." facebook page and the relevant post is from
Kell McNicholas
30 April at 23:03

I don't think it is allowed to pinch the photo and put it on here so I hope you find it.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6993 on: May 02, 2016, 07:31:11 pm »
  Just got back from the third days parade. So a cup of tea and I will try your suggestions. Thanks. Mike

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #6994 on: May 02, 2016, 08:16:39 pm »
I have a good one of you Mike.!!
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #6995 on: May 02, 2016, 11:27:39 pm »
Had a couple of beers in town tonight, but only a couple because it was utterly deserted.
It was interesting to watch the rides being dismantled and I have to say that they spent a lot of time cleaning up the streets of any debris.  Fair play to them.
Other than that, Bank holiday Monday was like a Monday in January so I was home in front of the telly in time for Match of the Day.  Congratulations to Leicester City by the way, an incredible achievement.

Tomorrow morning you would be forgiven for thinking that the Extravaganza was never here!
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Bosun

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6996 on: May 03, 2016, 01:35:00 pm »
Caught this con-trail over to the west of Llandudno this morning, all made by the same aircraft circling to the west of Llandudno before heading off north-west. Did anyone catch it in FlightRadar or similar for any details?
Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may have been given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #6997 on: May 03, 2016, 02:28:07 pm »
The work on the new Lifeboat Station is progressing ok

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #6998 on: May 03, 2016, 02:37:22 pm »
Caught this con-trail over to the west of Llandudno this morning, all made by the same aircraft circling to the west of Llandudno before heading off north-west. Did anyone catch it in FlightRadar or similar for any details?

I read in the DP this morning, that this aircraft was not showing up on FlightRadar , usually aircraft can be put in a circular holding pattern, but no ID, is quite strange.

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6999 on: May 04, 2016, 12:06:09 am »

I read in the DP this morning, that this aircraft was not showing up on FlightRadar , usually aircraft can be put in a circular holding pattern, but no ID, is quite strange.

It may have been an aircraft on a test flight after a service at somewhere like Hawarden so wouldn't have the usual flight details available.
Valar Morghulis

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #7000 on: May 04, 2016, 07:16:15 am »
or a Russia jet

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #7001 on: May 04, 2016, 08:10:32 am »
Possibly spying on Llandudno Mbi in advance of the draw next month for the Europa League?

Offline mull

« Reply #7002 on: May 04, 2016, 09:17:28 am »
Any connection with sonic booms reported over Yorkshire,Typhoon jets scrambled from RAF Leeming to investigate a plane not responding to ID calls ?

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #7003 on: May 04, 2016, 10:57:26 am »
Any connection with sonic booms reported over Yorkshire,Typhoon jets scrambled from RAF Leeming to investigate a plane not responding to ID calls ?

Few more details on your sonic booms
Typhoon jets were scrambled on Monday night to intercept a wayward Air France airliner over Yorkshire – with the deafening booms caused by the supersonic pursuit shaking residents in their houses.

The aircraft were launched from RAF Coningsby to identify an unresponsive civilian aircraft, the Ministry of Defence said. The loud bangs were later confirmed to have been sonic booms.

An RAF spokesman said: “Quick reaction alert Typhoon aircraft were launched today from RAF Coningsby to identify an unresponsive civilian aircraft. Communications were re-established and the aircraft has been safely landed.”
Air France confirmed that the unresponsive civilian aircraft was one of its planes.
“Air France confirms that due to a radio communication problem AF 1558 had to be accompanied by two British fighter aircrafts according to the procedure,”      REF Guardian

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #7004 on: May 05, 2016, 12:28:49 am »
Wrex, it was great to see you and Mrs W tonight.  I had a great time with you.
But we didn't end up going for a meal, we stupidly carried on for a few more beers.  Z** Z**
Late night, The Fountains is OK,  BUT .. the Town House just attracts dross, and bother (and me), but such was the case tonight.   
It's a shame that the more 'salubrious' venues in Llandudno all shut too early.   &shake& &shake&
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -