Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2611750 times)

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #6825 on: January 19, 2016, 01:01:20 pm »
I know things seem quiet in town but surely somebody must have Oscars links,he kept us informed with everything,its as if nobody gives a damn anymore,Tudno castle,Boots on Broadway,Boulavard,Tudno castle,Wildroom restaurant,units below Clarence even Oscars shop let yet nobody knows anything,end of Wrex rant.

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #6826 on: January 19, 2016, 01:57:54 pm »
Are Crest planning on moving out of Bootes on Broadway, wrex?

BTW, there are seven empty units currently in the Victoria Centre with Cmd due to move out on the 31 January, which will make eight.

Offline Greyhound

« Reply #6827 on: January 19, 2016, 02:42:01 pm »
Are Cmd moving out of town completely or just to another store locally?

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #6828 on: January 19, 2016, 03:56:24 pm »
The CLOSING DOWN notices have today been removed and Cmd are now staying open.

Offline Gwynant

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6829 on: January 19, 2016, 04:33:21 pm »
Are Crest planning on moving out of Bootes on Broadway, wrex?

I was told a few weeks ago by a member of staff that they are relocating from the Broadway to their main site in the Junction Bri.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #6830 on: January 19, 2016, 05:11:22 pm »
Thanks, Gwynant.

There seems to be a lot of competition these days with charity shops in Llandudno.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #6831 on: January 20, 2016, 11:36:00 am »
I've noticed a few times in recent weeks a council road sweeper pushing a hand cart around Llandudno - is it me or is this a recent reintroduction? It's good to see, regardless.

Offline Gwynant

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6832 on: January 21, 2016, 08:58:12 am »
 Sunrise from four different locations  in Llandudno earlier this morning. It wasn't as cold out on my bike as I thought it would be after hearing the forecast last night!

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #6833 on: January 21, 2016, 09:40:26 am »
Beautiful.  $thanx$

Offline hollins

« Reply #6834 on: January 21, 2016, 10:25:29 am »
Fabulous pics Gwynant.
We were glad to be back to a super Welsh sunrise this morning too.

Offline Dave

« Reply #6835 on: January 22, 2016, 10:39:14 am »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-35371670

Well that's one less to worry about invading your garden!

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6836 on: January 22, 2016, 08:31:50 pm »
Live football tomorrow nite from Llandudno,TNS V Denbigh Town,S4C 5PM AND then next Saturday Llandudno v Airbus live S4C 5 pm,happy daysalthought I will be there

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6837 on: January 24, 2016, 09:07:09 am »
Just a reminder to all the football lovers of Llandudno,Llandudno are live on S4C again next Saturday evening 5 15 ko,support your home town.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #6838 on: January 24, 2016, 09:15:12 am »
Sunrise from four different locations  in Llandudno earlier this morning. It wasn't as cold out on my bike as I thought it would be after hearing the forecast last night!

I really like those photos Gwynant     They are very effective but what unearthly hour of the day did you take them at? 

Offline Gwynant

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6839 on: January 24, 2016, 11:23:50 am »

I really like those photos Gwynant     They are very effective but what unearthly hour of the day did you take them at? 
      I've always got up early Hugo throughout my working life, (old habits die hard!), and so if it's a nice morning I nearly always have a ride on my bike around the town, (usually up Conway Road to the Queen's Rd roundabout then down to Craig-y-Don, down on the Prom to the cenotaph, up to Pen Morfa tollgate and back down on the West Shore prom past the boating pond to the miniature railway layout at the other end of West Shore then down Trinity Avenue and back home after getting the paper in the Fford Las shop, about 5.25 miles approx), as it's vary good exercise, gets the old (and in my case new!) joints moving, the roads are relatively quiet, and also very often it's the best part of the day. The photos were taken just before sun clears Bodafon/Little Orme (about 0745 like the  attached ones taken this morning showing a very red sunrise) and I always take my little pocket digital "point-and-press" camera with me as you never know what's about at that time of day!