Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2611728 times)

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #6810 on: January 12, 2016, 12:33:07 pm »
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/business/business-news/fresh-bid-llandudnos-broadway-boulevard-10716857
This is an interesting development. Personally, I can't see that the building would ever be a viable business again, given the vast amount of repair work needed on it. Take into account that the last two nightclub operators running the Boulevard went bust and it doesn't sound like a recipe for success.

wrong side of town, people too used to staying in Mostyn street now. Should turn it into a laser quest  $good$

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6811 on: January 12, 2016, 04:43:03 pm »

Broadway was always profitable it was the firms other buiss
nesses that failed,as for building houses on the council depot it is next to Marian place so houses already there,funnily enougth because of the depot those two cul-de sacs are the only two streets in Llandudno that are permit holders only,shame for Jubilee st and Caroline rd.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6812 on: January 12, 2016, 04:50:51 pm »
Last few times I went in there before it closed it was EMPTY so unless they were charging £200 a pint there is no way it was profitable.

Offline Meleri

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #6813 on: January 12, 2016, 06:09:06 pm »
The plot belonging to CCBC you are talking about, is it the one next to Llandudno Railway Station where the railway goods yard used to be?

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6814 on: January 12, 2016, 07:09:02 pm »
The plot belonging to CCBC you are talking about, is it the one next to Llandudno Railway Station where the railway goods yard used to be?

No, it's near the top of Builder Street West the other side of the railway to Alexandra Road.
Valar Morghulis

Offline Jack

« Reply #6815 on: January 12, 2016, 09:22:17 pm »
Won't it be the council owned building (Social Services building??) on Builder Street opposite Bather's Bakery and between Linney Cooper Carpets and the end of the old goods yard?

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6816 on: January 13, 2016, 07:14:59 am »
No its the bin wagon depot,council never owned that site.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #6817 on: January 14, 2016, 12:48:07 pm »
Won't it be the council owned building (Social Services building??) on Builder Street opposite Bather's Bakery and between Linney Cooper Carpets and the end of the old goods yard?
That site is on a Long Lease from Mostyn Esates, I think, CCBC are currently trying to offload that as well.

Where will council services in Llandudno be provided from once the depot closes? ?{}?

Offline Meleri

« Reply #6818 on: January 14, 2016, 04:11:49 pm »
There is a Council Depot in Llandudno Junction Dave, perhaps they will run the service from there.

Hope you don't mind me asking Wrex but are you just guessing about the depot being sold to a Housing Association or do you know something we don't?  ;D

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6819 on: January 14, 2016, 05:04:37 pm »
Only guessing about houses but CCBC have sold it and the boys are moving to Mochdre I think

Offline Meleri

« Reply #6820 on: January 14, 2016, 05:23:41 pm »
Thanks Wrex lets hope you are right about it being sold to the Housing Association as there are so many local young & elderly people in the area on limited means, who desperately need a decent home but can't afford the going rate.
A few months ago the Chief Executive of Catrefi Conwy addressed a Council meeting offering to build in partnership with Conwy County Council over 300 homes which they have funding for and asked the Council to release Council owned land to build on.

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #6821 on: January 15, 2016, 03:10:56 pm »
I drove to the West Shore this afternoon but didn't get out of the car for long as it was windy and then the icy rain came down.
At least one person there seemed to be enjoying the conditions

Offline Bosun

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6822 on: January 15, 2016, 03:56:17 pm »
........345 - what an excellent photograph! Brilliant. 
Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may have been given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Offline hollins

• Management board member
« Reply #6823 on: January 15, 2016, 07:07:58 pm »
I agree, brilliant photo.
It makes me shiver just looking at those pics.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6824 on: January 15, 2016, 10:01:19 pm »
What was the headline in the NWWN about the Boulavard