Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2611946 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #6750 on: December 19, 2015, 09:07:43 am »
Last night , 10.15 ish we were walking the dog along Gloddaeth Street when I glanced behind us and said to my OH " Just stand in the side of the pavement, there is a man coming along with a huge dog." He did so and said, " Heck it is the size of a pony". We looked again as it came nearer and it was a pony ! :o Neither of us drink, so we didn't imagine it, but anyone know why a man would be walking a pony on a lead on there at that time of night? There wasn't a panto show last night, so it hadn't been there, but we wondered if it had been disguised as Mary's donkey in a nativity !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline cygnusx-1

« Reply #6751 on: December 19, 2015, 10:23:35 am »
There is no law against walking a horse in Gloddaeth Street after dark as I an sure it was a regular sight 100 years ago.
Did they go into the Cottage Loaf and sit outside by any chance?

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #6752 on: December 19, 2015, 11:44:09 am »
I'm sure not ! No they were too far on Gloddaeth to go to the Loaf, they crossed the bottom of Clement Ave and carried on past the new flats towards West Shore.
Hope we see him again tonight ! D)

Offline Cambrian

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #6753 on: December 19, 2015, 12:07:49 pm »
There was a man dressed up in some sort of military-style redcoat in Mostyn Street this morning.  He was walking what seemed to be a Shetland pony.  Sounds like it could be the same duo.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #6754 on: December 19, 2015, 03:54:55 pm »
Ah ! The pony had some kind of Medieval garb over it, but the chap was in an ordinary jacket. The pony was a dark colour and larger than a Shetland!------ Mystery !

Monkey Man is dressed in his soldier's outfit at the moment, but it wasn't him !

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6755 on: December 20, 2015, 07:24:29 am »
Maybe the town council paid him to add a bit of xmas spirit in town like all the brass bands they have organized this xmas,opps did i get that wrong,sorry.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #6756 on: December 20, 2015, 08:31:57 am »
I was wondering when your Christmas refrain was going to reappear, Wrex :-)))
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6757 on: December 20, 2015, 11:56:17 am »
Have i miss something,loads of lights out,no re-schedule of santa parade,it could have been just santa biut to ot even have santa come back is poor but i have just read that the taxi marshalls havre been doing a good job

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #6758 on: December 20, 2015, 11:58:12 am »
There was a man dressed up in some sort of military-style redcoat in Mostyn Street this morning.  He was walking what seemed to be a Shetland pony.  Sounds like it could be the same duo.

Mystery solved ! Taffy the pony accompanied by a tall man in a military looking coat, is standing outside the Victoria Centre with a bucket collecting money. He was telling people that he was a street entertainer and was not connected to the Military in any way. He didn’t specify what he was collecting money for.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #6759 on: December 20, 2015, 04:27:32 pm »
Here is is, pictured today.
He appeared to be collecting money, (lots of it), just for himself!

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Gwynant

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6760 on: December 26, 2015, 02:54:28 pm »
                        Red and white Rescue Helicopter just landed on Llandudno Rugby field and took off again, almost immediately.  The gale-force gusts were really testing the pilot's skills.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #6761 on: December 26, 2015, 03:44:12 pm »
Any more news on that helicopter landing Gwynant?

Offline Gwynant

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6762 on: December 26, 2015, 03:57:28 pm »
Any more news on that helicopter landing Gwynant?
         I don't know any more Hugo, it came in very low from the east and then landed on the Rugby field for a couple of mimutes and then took off heading off to the West. It might have picked  up or dropped someone off but I couldn't see once it had dropped out of sight behind the houses on Rhuddlan Avenue. I don't know if there was a rugby game in progress in which there could have been an injury as the traditional Llandudno XV v. John Brights Old Boys used to always be on Boxing Day but due to the current weather I haven't been out of the house since going for the paper early this morning!
« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 05:47:50 pm by Ian »

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6763 on: December 26, 2015, 04:11:31 pm »
Been told it picked two guys up then went over west shore way could have been to do with the a55 being closed .

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #6764 on: December 26, 2015, 04:17:11 pm »
It says on Facebook that it was 2 paramedics being taken to work.