Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2613407 times)

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #6735 on: December 02, 2015, 10:26:50 pm »
A good guess Mull, well done.

At least the drainage on the West Shore boating lake seems to be working!       ???

Offline Hugo

« Reply #6736 on: December 02, 2015, 10:30:03 pm »
                        Colourful cloud formations in Llandudno earlier this morning, looked like a nuclear explosion, a bit like the sunsets recently. Make the most of the sunlight, it looks like a miserable couple of days to come according to the local forecast.

Great photos Gwynant, they must have been taken well before I got up that morning.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #6737 on: December 03, 2015, 09:09:09 am »
This scaffolding is to the rear of The Grand Hotel, looking at it from the Pier today.

Some work going on which is nice to see, but I can't help but admire the bravery of those who erected it!
I wonder if a decent high tide could cause that scaffolding to collapse, as it can get quite rough on that corner.

Offline Blongb

• I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #6738 on: December 03, 2015, 04:12:22 pm »
This scaffolding is to the rear of The Grand Hotel, looking at it from the Pier today.

Some work going on which is nice to see, but I can't help but admire the bravery of those who erected it!
I wonder if a decent high tide could cause that scaffolding to collapse, as it can get quite rough on that corner.
Back in 1996 I was working along-side the Brent Delta Oil Rig, at the top end of the North Sea. The Scaffolders, who were without question some of the best in the world, spent a whole week erecting platforming under the main deck of the Rig. On the seventh night one of our Winter Storms went through and the whole lot was gone by Morning.

So in answer to your question Dave, yes it could very easily get washed away  <:<:<:<
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #6739 on: December 05, 2015, 11:50:33 am »
Lots of storm damage around town. Police have closed the road at the side of the Swimming Pool.

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6740 on: December 05, 2015, 02:07:08 pm »
Lots of storm damage around town. Police have closed the road at the side of the Swimming Pool.

That was closed off when I went past at ten o'clock last night.
Poor policeman stood in the rain diverting traffic!
Valar Morghulis

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #6741 on: December 10, 2015, 10:19:39 am »
Man knocked down by car in Llandudno
09:36, 10 DEC 2015 UPDATED 09:36, 10 DEC 2015
BY MARI JONES

Man was taken to Ysbyty Gwynedd with “possible” serious injuries

Paramedics took the injured man was taken to Ysbyty Gwynedd Paramedics took the injured man was taken to Ysbyty Gwynedd

A man was knocked down by a car last night in Llandudno .

Paramedics took the injured man to Ysbyty Gwynedd with “possible” serious injuries.

The incident closed the part of the promenade for several hours from the St George Hotel to Venue Cymru.

Emergency services were called to the scene at 10.07pm.

The accident involved on car and the male pedestrian.

One ambulance, one rapid response vehicle and a doctor were sent to the scene.

An ambulance spokeswoman said: “A male pedestrian with possible serious injuries was taken to Ysbyty Gwynedd.”

Police are asking for witnesses to contact them on 101 quoting reference S188180.

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/man-knocked-down-car-llandudno-10577402

Offline Gwynant

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6742 on: December 14, 2015, 08:37:16 am »
                    Another impressive sunrise at about 0800 in Llandudno.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6744 on: December 18, 2015, 01:06:23 pm »
Although to be fair it looks as though they've copied it ad verbatim from the facebook page

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6745 on: December 18, 2015, 01:06:45 pm »
What did I say about lazy journalists again?  :twoface:

Offline Greyhound

« Reply #6746 on: December 18, 2015, 01:14:04 pm »
Some of these are pretty obscure and a couple you'd have to be well over 80 to have experienced! I can think of a few more obvious ones.

Offline squiggle

« Reply #6747 on: December 18, 2015, 02:08:36 pm »
I think I scored 4 with a couple of maybe half marks. I'll mention the halfs.

I remember Llanudo before Mostyn Champneys but home from school for me was catching the M25 from Oxford Road.

I was only there for the first 2 years of secondary education but we used to go from the Trinity Avenue block to the other place for sport.  Sure I knew there used to be Mostyn and John Bright but I'm to young for that.

I did hear of the fire at ASDA via family friends but I was living near Tunbridge Wells at the time.

Llanwrst cricket club used to have an annual outing to the IOM and I went on the pier a couple of times with my mother to collect my father from the boat. The closest I came to having a boat trip was the last sailing which I guess would have been early 80s?  A customer at the place I worked at the time worked for the Isle Of Man Steam Packet Company and he gave me a free pass.  Unfortunately, I was unable to get the day off work.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #6748 on: December 18, 2015, 02:43:07 pm »
Although to be fair it looks as though they've copied it ad verbatim from the facebook page
I think the list may originally have appeared on the original Llandudno forum?

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6749 on: December 18, 2015, 02:51:56 pm »
I think the list may originally have appeared on the original Llandudno forum?

No idea, I'm not as old as you Dave  ;)