Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2612726 times)

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #6705 on: November 07, 2015, 09:43:31 pm »
Just got back from one of the best firework displays I have seen in years, We were stood in happy valley and watched the show that was none stop for 28 minuets Well done to the organisers who did an excellent job.

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6706 on: November 07, 2015, 09:55:06 pm »
Totally agree on the quality of the display. We usually watch down on the display from on the Orme but couldnt get up there this year so we went down to near the pool on the prom. Different perspective but equally good viewing. Then had the bonus of watching the Bodafon diplay on the way back to the car.

Offline Dave

« Reply #6707 on: November 07, 2015, 09:57:28 pm »
Just got back from one of the best firework displays I have seen in years, We were stood in happy valley and watched the show that was none stop for 28 minuets Well done to the organisers who did an excellent job.

I thought that it was a bit tame for much of the time and personally would prefer to see more spectacular action in a shorter time span. I was bored for much of the time. However, I do think that if you have driven some distance you probably expect a show to last longer than 15 minutes, I'm lucky and can simply wander out of the house to watch and go back in again straight after!

Offline Dave

« Reply #6708 on: November 07, 2015, 09:59:52 pm »
Totally agree on the quality of the display. We usually watch down on the display from on the Orme but couldnt get up there this year so we went down to near the pool on the prom. Different perspective but equally good viewing. Then had the bonus of watching the Bodafon diplay on the way back to the car.

Without a doubt one of Llandudno's biggest benefits is that you get the reflections off the sea. Best viewed from the Craig -y-Don end, but for sound it's probably better from Happy Valley.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #6709 on: November 10, 2015, 08:52:21 am »
The Rememberance Sunday service at the Cenotaph was very well attended this year, good to see.

I noticed that there were a lot of staff from CCBC Highways dotted around the town, are they now responsible for road closures instead of the Police?

Offline Giggly girl

« Reply #6710 on: November 12, 2015, 07:12:27 pm »
Well they were not around at the Air Show, so perhaps it is now not their responsibility to manage events.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #6711 on: November 15, 2015, 10:38:13 pm »
It was very wild and moody at West Shore this afternoon.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #6712 on: November 15, 2015, 11:06:35 pm »
Very impressive Fester and captured the conditions on the West Shore.    I was there earlier today and didn't even get out of my car to take the dog for a walk it was that bad.
A coastguard 4 x 4 overtook me with it's lights on and went down the cycle track towards Deganwy but I don't know what had happened there.

Offline pebbles

« Reply #6713 on: November 16, 2015, 01:12:36 am »
^ i can give you a tip of how to make the horizon straight if you'd like fester, posting a picture with a dodgy horizon is appalling!   ;D  :P _))*

Ahh only kidding, a joke for those with longish memories ;)

If the weather was anything like here i'm surprised LL hasn't been sunk underwater by now it's that bad!

Offline hollins

« Reply #6714 on: November 16, 2015, 07:46:26 am »
Great pics Mr F, very atmospheric.
Fester the new DaveR?

Offline Hugo

« Reply #6715 on: November 16, 2015, 10:36:31 am »
The weather has been appalling this weekend but if we think it's bad here then what can it be like for Mull up there in Scotland?
He must be ok as I've noticed that he's been looking at the forum recently.

Offline hollins

« Reply #6716 on: November 16, 2015, 11:20:06 am »
Yes, I was wondering how Mull was too. I thought the roof was coming off here last night.
I have enjoyed the series about the Scottish Islands which has been on BBC2 recently and I thought of him when the Mull programme was shown.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #6717 on: November 16, 2015, 03:54:17 pm »
^ i can give you a tip of how to make the horizon straight if you'd like fester, posting a picture with a dodgy horizon is appalling!   ;D  :P _))*

Ahh only kidding, a joke for those with longish memories ;)

If the weather was anything like here i'm surprised LL hasn't been sunk underwater by now it's that bad!

I'd a couple of pints in The Liverpool Arms, Conwy.... and was using my crappy iphone,  sorry... best I could do!
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline mull

« Reply #6718 on: November 16, 2015, 06:02:25 pm »
Thanks for thinking about us up here. Mrs Mull finding jobs around the house, not my scene at all but with weather like this can not be avoided.
Should of been going to Oban MRT meeting this evening but am stuck on the island all the ferries cancelled. Been blowing F 8/10 all day with frequent squally showers.
I see one of our ferries is just off Llandudno/Colwyn Bay at the moment running trials.She has been in dry dock in Birkenhead for about 3 weeks now and is overdue back up here to release the next one for dry docking. MV "Lord of the Isles" on AIS.
Hope it calms down by Friday for my trip to Lidl/Tesco/Aldi in Oban or we will starve.
How the West Shore sandhills today ?

Offline pebbles

« Reply #6719 on: November 17, 2015, 01:11:14 am »

I'd a couple of pints in The Liverpool Arms, Conwy.... and was using my crappy iphone,  sorry... best I could do!

heh that's ok fester!  $drink$  $drink1$

was a little dig i mean errr reference to when i posted a lot of pics - one of which was ever so slightly off on the horizon, and the delightful Ian made it his mission to teach me the error of my ways... which i took great offence at hehe as you can tell by the way i still remember it!  WWW

(it was last year i think and it was a pic from 10 years ago and none of mine are ever wonky since, hence feeling offended! so SOMEONE had to come and chastise you fester, it's forum tradition)  _))*