Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2613562 times)

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #6465 on: July 25, 2015, 06:05:24 pm »
I take it that the Bacon butty van won't be able to park outside all day then.

L0L  L0L
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6466 on: July 25, 2015, 06:30:52 pm »
Why would it be a problem booking a Jew rather than booking a muslim or a Hindu or a christian,silly quote it seems to me.Are the orthodox jews different to the rest of us besides their looks.

Offline Blongb

• Management board member
  • I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #6467 on: July 25, 2015, 07:05:05 pm »
Why would it be a problem booking a Jew rather than booking a muslim or a Hindu or a christian,silly quote it seems to me.Are the orthodox jews different to the rest of us besides their looks.

The Council had no trouble in fining a Jewish motorist well in excess of £800 because he persisted in driving down Church Walk the wrong way despite being warned not to do so. He then had the gall to say he had only done it once, until it was pointed out the photos taken from the Camera outside the Empire Hotel showed different Cars parked by the no entry sign in every photo.

In Israel you only have to take a written test to get a FULL Driving Licence. This is then accepted by the UK authorities who issue a Full UK Licence without any further test requirements. This is not an anti-Semitic statement but a factual one   
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline Bosun

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6468 on: July 25, 2015, 07:24:23 pm »

The Council had no trouble in fining a Jewish motorist well in excess of £800 because he persisted in driving down Church Walk the wrong way despite being warned not to do so. He then had the gall to say he had only done it once, until it was pointed out the photos taken from the Camera outside the Empire Hotel showed different Cars parked by the no entry sign in every photo.

In Israel you only have to take a written test to get a FULL Driving Licence. This is then accepted by the UK authorities who issue a Full UK Licence without any further test requirements. This is not an anti-Semitic statement but a factual one   

A simple Google search will show that is absolute rubbish.
Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may have been given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #6469 on: July 25, 2015, 07:52:41 pm »
I've just come off the 'phone with several councillors and not one has any idea what this is about. The Dunoon hotel also denies knowing anything about it. More news if I get any, later.

Ian,  I have the FACTS for you.
You will have to PM me, and I will give you the full information.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #6470 on: July 25, 2015, 08:32:27 pm »
I'll do that.

I spoke to the General Manager of a large hotel adjacent to the Grand Ash today.

He told me that many of the new 'residents' of The Grand Ash were leaving vehicles permanently on the double yellow lines outside.

But a local friend who lives there told me there are no double yellow lines outside the Grand Ash .
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #6471 on: July 25, 2015, 09:07:46 pm »
Just had a look on Google Earth 2015  lots of parked cars, no yellow lines/ no signs on posts etc ?

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6472 on: July 25, 2015, 09:29:35 pm »
   Just to add to the confusion. Be prepared for the name to be changed. "Grand Ash" was so named because it was owned by the group Grand U.K. of Norwich and all fifteen of their hotels were named Grand etc etc. And I can tell you from experience of the company who I worked for on and off for a number of years, they will not be happy about this and they will be pulling down the nameplates given half a chance

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #6473 on: July 25, 2015, 09:50:43 pm »
I'll do that.

I spoke to the General Manager of a large hotel adjacent to the Grand Ash today.

He told me that many of the new 'residents' of The Grand Ash were leaving vehicles permanently on the double yellow lines outside.

But a local friend who lives there told me there are no double yellow lines outside the Grand Ash .

Ian,  I can read your PM, but the system will not allow me to reply.... no button showing other than 'read' or 'delete'

Also, apologies, it wasn't yellow lines, it was (and is) pavement parking, all day!   Plus more...
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Jack

« Reply #6474 on: July 25, 2015, 09:58:54 pm »
   Just to add to the confusion. Be prepared for the name to be changed. "Grand Ash" was so named because it was owned by the group Grand U.K. of Norwich and all fifteen of their hotels were named Grand etc etc. And I can tell you from experience of the company who I worked for on and off for a number of years, they will not be happy about this and they will be pulling down the nameplates given half a chance

Before it was the Grand Ash it was the One Ash  :)

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #6475 on: July 26, 2015, 08:18:00 am »
Also, apologies, it wasn't yellow lines, it was (and is) pavement parking, all day!

Obviously, this puts things in a whole new light. Parking on double yellow lines is illegal but parking on pavements is not.  It only becomes illegal if there's actual obstruction or if it creates a danger.

Below from Wikipedia:

In order to receive a license (in Israel), each applicant must pass a medical and eye checkup, and a theoretical test, before taking a number of practical lessons culminating in the practical test.

We've now had two statements offered as fact about members of a law-abiding Jewish community in Llandudno which could be seen as inflammatory as well as both being factually wrong.

I've been distinctly uneasy for some time about what could be perceived as a very slight racist and antireligionist undertone to some posts recently and I would ask everyone not to post anything about any group whatsoever unless and until what they post can be proved. We are all part of a wider community of people and neither Dave nor I will have any truck with posts which make inaccurate statements aimed at minority groups, whether of race, religious adherence or gender affiliation.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 09:22:49 am by Ian »
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6476 on: July 26, 2015, 09:05:55 am »
I just saw a post from Ian earlier that has now vanished?
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #6477 on: July 26, 2015, 09:07:42 am »
Now back.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #6478 on: July 26, 2015, 04:34:05 pm »
The Jazz festival on Bodafon Fields looks to be something of a washout, sadly. I've been past on both days and there seems to be very few people wandering around.

Offline Bosun

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6479 on: July 26, 2015, 07:49:41 pm »

I've been distinctly uneasy for some time about what could be perceived as a very slight racist and antireligionist undertone to some posts recently and I would ask everyone not to post anything about any group whatsoever unless and until what they post can be proved. We are all part of a wider community of people and neither Dave nor I will have any truck with posts which make inaccurate statements aimed at minority groups, whether of race, religious adherence or gender affiliation.

Thank you.
Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may have been given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.