Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2615318 times)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #405 on: December 08, 2010, 06:04:11 pm »
I have had the great pleasure of meeting both Nemesis and Pendragon.
They are both lovely and very forthright people...... :twoface: :twoface: Neither suffer fools gladly!
(You are both quite similar in that respect)
Different writing styles maybe..?
Anyway I won't hear a word against them....(because I am deaf)

Now...regarding the Goats, they are in my garden regularly and have decimated various trees / shrubs.
I would like to know one simple thing.   Am I allowed to eat them?    $dins$ $dins$   $hands$
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #406 on: December 08, 2010, 06:17:06 pm »
aah thanks for that Fester.  :P

If you accidently on purpose ran a goat over thus rendering it road kill, you could eat it I would think.

I'M JOKING OF COURSE  L0L

$hands$
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #407 on: December 08, 2010, 06:40:41 pm »
aah thanks for that Fester.  :P

If you accidently on purpose ran a goat over thus rendering it road kill, you could eat it I would think.

I'M JOKING OF COURSE  L0L

$hands$

Mmm good idea.... I won't bother fixing that slipping hand-brake, for the next time I see them in the road!   Yummm.
Fester...

Yorkie

« Reply #408 on: December 08, 2010, 06:49:03 pm »
No point risking damaging your car - just shoot them as trespassers next time they encroach on your property.    Drag the carcass into the garage or shed and I doubt anyone would even know.  The scalp and horns will look great on the trophy wall.                         ZXZ

Offline Blongb

• Management board member
  • I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #409 on: December 08, 2010, 07:12:50 pm »
They really are tough old animals. A couple of years ago again on the Colonnades leading up to Happy Valley, I helped a RSPCA Inspector remove a 4 foot metal stake on which a goat had impaled itself. It had jumped on to it as it came down the hill. The point had gone in at the front just under its breast bone, passed right through its chest cavity and exited just behind its rib cage. As luck would have it, the skewer had managed to miss every thing vital on its way through. After a good twenty minutes tugging and pulling we finally managed to get it out and did that dammed animal show any gratitude? No not a bit of it. It just shook it’s self down and then ran off up the hill.
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #410 on: December 08, 2010, 07:30:38 pm »
BlongB!... Sorry, I should have told you at the time.... the Goat sent you this T-shirt to show its gratitude..

Plus did you know that the 'Thank You Goat' ... is akin to the Xmas Turkey, in the Muslim religion?

Fester...

Offline Blongb

« Reply #411 on: December 08, 2010, 07:38:45 pm »
When I liver in Egypt Fester, all the neighbours would buy a live one just before the end of Ramadan. They brought them home and kept them on their balconies until the allotted time and then  ))* they were no more. Can't see Environmental Health letting us get away with that in North Wales somehow   

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #412 on: December 08, 2010, 07:47:15 pm »
Blongb, absolutely first class, and the RSPCA inspector. I doubt very much whether I could helped in a situation like this. I would be good at running for help, and probably that is about all. Unbelievable that the goat survived. What did the RSPCA man make of the fact that it didnt appear to have suffered any serious harm?

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #413 on: December 08, 2010, 07:54:53 pm »
Blongb, absolutely first class, and the RSPCA inspector. I doubt very much whether I could helped in a situation like this. I would be good at running for help, and probably that is about all. Unbelievable that the goat survived. What did the RSPCA man make of the fact that it didnt appear to have suffered any serious harm?
Just because the goat ran off, that doesn't mean it didn't suffer any serious harm. A goat will do anything to get away from humans, even if badly injured. Remember that time when efforts were made to round up a group of them for rehoming, they jumped off the cliffs rather than allow themselves to be captured. Sadly, I suspect the one that ran off almost certainly died at some point later.  :(

Offline Blongb

« Reply #414 on: December 08, 2010, 08:00:49 pm »
We both put it down as sheer fluke. Do you remember the judge at the athletics meet who managed to get himself skewered with no lasting side effects, except a couple of extra holes, same thing with the goat. No sign of bleeding and as far as I know the thing is still alive and well  ££$ It had supposedly been stuck there for at least 3 days before we got to it, so I think if it was going to bleed to death it would probably have done so by then given the time frame
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 08:07:04 pm by Blongb »

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #415 on: December 08, 2010, 09:42:26 pm »
I have had the great pleasure of meeting both Nemesis and Pendragon.
They are both lovely and very forthright people...... :twoface: :twoface: Neither suffer fools gladly!
(You are both quite similar in that respect)
Different writing styles maybe..?
Anyway I won't hear a word against them....(because I am deaf)

Now...regarding the Goats, they are in my garden regularly and have decimated various trees / shrubs.
I would like to know one simple thing.   Am I allowed to eat them?    $dins$ $dins$   $hands$

Thanks Fester and I'm glad we are of a similar nature Pendragon!

Now as for the goat which you are about to curry----- please don't put your extractor fan on fully or I imagine that we'll get the pong down here below you !
 _))* _))* _))* _))* _))* _))*
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #416 on: December 09, 2010, 12:43:44 am »
All this talk of eating the Orme Goats prompted a prominent member of this Forum to contact me with this fantastic story.
Its all true, but the member in question wishes to remain anonymous,  well just for now...

Just after the war, the member in question and their family had nowhere to live!  So they dwelled for a time in the gunsite buildings on the Orme's western slopes.
Food was on short ration, so the Father shot wild rabbits for food for his family.
Every now and again, the odd goat might 'accidentally' get in the way.
When this happened, there was a surplus of meat, which couldn't be stored (no fridge or freezer), so the member's father sold it in the town, and passed it off as Venison!
No one ever twigged, and repeat orders were frequent.

I love this account, (and more which came my way) I do't think it should be anonymous any longer... in fact it deserves to be written into a book.

Fester...

Offline Trojan

« Reply #417 on: December 09, 2010, 12:56:26 am »
Sounds like one of the Cox family escapades to me!  :D

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #418 on: December 09, 2010, 02:30:21 pm »
Well perhaps others can see what I mean now.
Keep your hair on.

Cartier: your style of posting approaches flaming. That is prohibited under our Ts and Cs and we will take action if you persist.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #419 on: December 10, 2010, 12:08:24 pm »
Llandudno is a great place to live,but we must get a proactive council and clear the dead wood who are holding the town back. :rage: :(