Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2650532 times)

Offline Bosun

• Ad Free Member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #6390 on: June 30, 2015, 12:45:04 pm »
Whilst the behaviour of 'stag' and 'hen parties' has been a cause of concern for some time, (especially in Tenby, which seems to actively encourage them), one disturbing aspect of this trip was the lengths one 'hen party' went to shock with printed 't' shirts. Now, these females were not all silly teens, there as many were middle aged women as teens, and possibly mothers and daughters in the party and they were all wearing black 't' shirts with slogans, such as 'Anal Loving Annie', 'C** All Over Me Amy', 'Co*k Sucking Sue' etc., I'm sure that you have got the theme. We were actually surprised the airline let them on the plane to travel with families with children.

I have to suggest that in the UK that these would represent an offence under the Public Order Act 1936 (causing alarm or distress) but they were truly repugnant and I hope never to see the like in Llandudno.

But, the thin end of the wedge......
Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may have been given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #6391 on: June 30, 2015, 01:11:36 pm »
You didn't get any of those girls phone numbers for me did you Bosun?   Just asking....   ?{}?
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Bosun

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6392 on: June 30, 2015, 01:15:45 pm »
No chance.       

(Mrs B dragged me away..........)
Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may have been given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6393 on: June 30, 2015, 01:38:49 pm »
Whilst the behaviour of 'stag' and 'hen parties' has been a cause of concern for some time, (especially in Tenby, which seems to actively encourage them), one disturbing aspect of this trip was the lengths one 'hen party' went to shock with printed 't' shirts. Now, these females were not all silly teens, there as many were middle aged women as teens, and possibly mothers and daughters in the party and they were all wearing black 't' shirts with slogans, such as 'Anal Loving Annie', 'C** All Over Me Amy', 'Co*k Sucking Sue' etc., I'm sure that you have got the theme. We were actually surprised the airline let them on the plane to travel with families with children.

I have to suggest that in the UK that these would represent an offence under the Public Order Act 1936 (causing alarm or distress) but they were truly repugnant and I hope never to see the like in Llandudno.

But, the thin end of the wedge......

They don't sound like Llandudno visitors at all  $walesflag$ 'Werther's original sucking Ivy' 'Bingo loving Rita' 'Nice cup of tea and biscuits all over me Annie'   $good$

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #6394 on: June 30, 2015, 04:51:58 pm »
Looks like the temperature is set to peak today, with a gradual decline over the next week. However, there's a Met Office severe weather warning out for tomorrow regarding intense thunderstorms.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #6395 on: July 01, 2015, 08:52:19 am »
Two guys fighting outside The 147 Club at about 6.30pm, and it spilled over to where the fence is for Home Cookin'

About 7pm, another scrap outside Cooney's saw two blokes battering each other, whilst another man plus the wives got embroiled, and they fought their way up the street, again finishing up outside Home Cookin'
The main man who tried to intervene and break it up was chatting to me straight after, and his face was more injured than the protagonists! 
Police cars turned up some minutes later, had a brief glimpse, and drove off.

My over riding feeling throughout was, how lovely for those diners inside and outside Home Cookin!  &shake&
This is what happens when people are allowed to drink aimlessly all day.

In 2016, I intend to join them!  Z**
&shake&  &shake&  &shake&

Offline Dave

« Reply #6396 on: July 03, 2015, 01:29:50 pm »
The Waverley leaving Llandudno for a tour of Anglesey at around 1.00pm.
Heat haze not helping clarity of the photo!
The Waverley   2015-07-03 by Dave Williams, on Flickr

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #6397 on: July 03, 2015, 02:11:09 pm »
Not The Waverley mate, but a cracking picture nevertheless.

Fester...

Offline Dave

« Reply #6398 on: July 03, 2015, 02:56:03 pm »
It's a long way from our house ! Who is sailing today then ?

Offline DVT

• Management board member
« Reply #6399 on: July 03, 2015, 02:59:01 pm »
Looks like it's the Balmoral - now off Puffin Island (3 o'clock) ...

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/home

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #6400 on: July 03, 2015, 03:10:54 pm »
Looks like it's the Balmoral - now off Puffin Island (3 o'clock) ...

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/home

Marinetraffic saying destination Llandudno   3 min's ago

Offline SteveH

« Reply #6401 on: July 03, 2015, 04:11:01 pm »
Timetable   M.V. BALMORAL

Friday 3 July
Liverpool 0900**
Llandudno arr 1215
Llandudno dep 1245
Cruise past Puffin Island &
towards Menai Bridge
Llandudno arr 1530
Llandudno dep 1600
Liverpool 1930

Saturday 4 July
Liverpool 0900**
Llandudno arr 1215
Llandudno dep 1245
Cruise Great Orme & Anglesey
Coast towards RedWharf Bay
Llandudno arr 1530
Llandudno dep 1600
Liverpool 1930

Sunday 5 July
Llandudno 1015
Menai Bridge 1145
Caernarfon 1230
Cruise round Anglesey
Menai Bridge 1715
Coach return to Caernarfon
arrive 1800
Llandudno 1830

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6402 on: July 04, 2015, 03:31:29 pm »
As i see it LLandudno right now is inbeetween either something good or some decline,everything is stagnent at the moment ,only one unit let in the Tudno Castle,no units let in the Travelodge and god knows what the Llandudno Bay hotel developers have planned for the Grand Theater.The good would be reopen Broadway and all units get let and rejuvenate the weekend nitelife,worse case they all stay abandoned.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #6403 on: July 04, 2015, 04:55:13 pm »
Mostyn St. is/was very busy this afternoon 4ish. .......looked like mostly visitors ? .........I did not see to many shopping bags, which made me think, why were they in Mostyn St. on such a nice day ?....

The other thing that stood out ...litter, the street was covered in napkins, religious pamphlets and coffee cup lids, I know it is windy but all it needs is an old fashioned "sweeper" or "pickerupper" (up one side down the other in a circuit) to easy..... :roll:
The "Wardens" have their camouflage summer uniform on now, white polo shirt, with microscopic embroidered lettering...... $angry$

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #6404 on: July 05, 2015, 01:10:28 am »
I was looking for the SCUM thread for this.... but couldn't find it??

I was on my way to work today when this delightful chap decided to let his dog curl out a lovely pile on the pavement (clearly in view behind him on this pic) .....  and then he just walked off.
Fester was having NONE OF THIS BEHAVIOUR!!

I might be an old man, and I am not any kind of enforcement officer, but I am sick and tired of scum like this defouling this beautiful town.
So, I challenged him, politely to get it picked up.    He gave me the 'middle finger', a brave man!
My wife then 'urged' him to do as asked.... and he shouted a few choice swear words at her.

Sorry to say that at that point, the red mist descended for me.
He cried that he was having a 'bad day', ... well, I warned him it was only early, and about to go downhill I'm afraid!

Let's just say, (missing out the unsavoury detail)  that subsequently, over the next few minutes, he got the mess cleaned up, and I was a few minutes late for work....

Why Oh why should anti-social SCUM like this be even allowed to own a dog????
Watch out for vermin like this, they are all around us!
Fester...