Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2613910 times)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #6345 on: June 03, 2015, 12:24:53 pm »
Indeed mate,  that is true, but there is no guarantee whatsoever that it will be accepted.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #6346 on: June 03, 2015, 12:30:08 pm »
Indeed, but it will be the first time in 20+ years that a Planning Application has been submitted for that site, so certainly a significant development.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #6347 on: June 03, 2015, 12:34:41 pm »
I thought that the 'Pyramid style hotel design had been submitted, and rejected, about 4 years ago?

Maybe it never got that far?
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #6348 on: June 03, 2015, 12:51:59 pm »
No, it was never formally submitted, after informal discussions with CCBC indicated it would have no chance of success.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #6349 on: June 03, 2015, 01:26:53 pm »
I thought that the 'Pyramid style hotel design had been submitted, and rejected, about 4 years ago?

I was surprised to see a reference to a "Hotel"....is this likely to be part of the application?.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #6350 on: June 03, 2015, 03:18:59 pm »

I was surprised to see a reference to a "Hotel"....is this likely to be part of the application?.
The site owners came up with a design for a 200 bedroom hotel, that resembled a glass pyramid, a couple of years back. It was widely ridiculed and they never bothered to submit a formal application.

I wouldn't be surprised if a hotel figures significantly in any current application.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6351 on: June 03, 2015, 03:24:44 pm »
Laser quest

Offline SteveH

« Reply #6352 on: June 03, 2015, 03:32:04 pm »
Thanks Dave......We will have to wait and see.....B2R thought about starting one yourself, try a donation appeal on Facebook, all the rage.... ;)

Offline Blongb

• Management board member
  • I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #6353 on: June 06, 2015, 04:44:33 pm »
The Pavilion site was included in the Hotel Habitation Zone for the first time as part of CCBC's latest Local Development Plan. There are still very many strict conditions that have to be complied with before any formal planning application could be considered, but Just think of the fun the Hotel Owners on North Parade are going to have with the planners, if any new development is given permission to have Double Glazing.  >>>
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #6354 on: June 06, 2015, 05:14:22 pm »
Or  UPVC  windows!     

Offline SteveH

« Reply #6355 on: June 07, 2015, 11:33:55 am »
Llandudno's Alice in Wonderland statue in a 'terrible' state claims councillor

A row has erupted amid claims Llandudno’s famous White Rabbit statue is being neglected in a depot pending repair work.

The sculpture – a Grade II listed object which was originally unveiled on the town’s West Shore in 1933 by Prime Minister David Lloyd George – is undergoing renovation after being vandalised.

It was removed for repairs in 2012 and is due to be relocated to the grounds of the town’s Victorian tram shelter nearby.

But Llandudno Town Councillor Carol Marubbi said she was “shocked” to find the statue still in storage at a Conwy County Borough Council nursery in Colwyn Bay.

Cllr Marubbi, who inspected the statue with two other councillors recently, said the model was in a “terrible” state and had moss growing on it after being left unprotected from the elements.

She told the Daily Post: “It was infuriating. I was shocked. It is a big issue to Llandudno. Look at the money spent on the Alice Trail and wooden statues around the town and yet the marble White Rabbit Statue was in a terrible state left in a yard. It deserves more respect.”

MORE DETAILS AND PHOTOS....
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/alice-wonderland-llandudno-statue-rabbit-9399045

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #6356 on: June 08, 2015, 09:20:07 am »
It was removed for repairs in 2012
3 years later and no work has even started?  &shake&

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #6357 on: June 08, 2015, 10:37:31 am »
The current state of the Alice Statue. Photo courtesy Daily Post.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6358 on: June 10, 2015, 07:00:12 am »
Omg somebody has put a picture up on facebook of our new police station and it has not gone down well,looks like it belongs on Colwyn prom,how can they knock down such a nice building and shove a tin hut there,some heads need to roll if this gets the go ahead,CCBC or FIFA.

Offline Greyhound

« Reply #6359 on: June 10, 2015, 09:06:51 am »
Wrex, I don't think you can blame CCBC in this instance, much as I know you love to. Bodies like the Police, rail companies etc. are usually exempt from needing planning permission as statutory undertakers.