Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2616521 times)

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #6120 on: March 24, 2015, 09:16:50 pm »
We did a b&b for a while a few years ago and went with WTB or Visit Wales? What a lot of pointless twaddle it was too, we soon left it and their nonsense! Mind you I also hated having a b&b, I am too much of a Victor Meldrew! 
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #6121 on: March 25, 2015, 12:32:53 am »
We did a b&b for a while a few years ago and went with WTB or Visit Wales? What a lot of pointless twaddle it was too, we soon left it and their nonsense! Mind you I also hated having a b&b, I am too much of a Victor Meldrew!

I don't know why mate, because there has always been the warmest of welcomes when I have had the pleasure to visit your home.   Hope you are both very well by the way, and I hope you noticed the enhanced divi from GVC!!     _))++ $drink$
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6122 on: March 25, 2015, 07:08:23 am »
Very kind of you to say so Fester, the b&b idea was er indoors dream and I went along with it, I never liked it though as I like my own space too much! Then we had some French people stay who were a nightmare! We found that the best guests were Germans. To be fair most guests were fine, but it was  not for us really! I have to admire those people that do run hotels etc, it is not easy!  Yes I did see the wonderful enhanced dividend from the excellent GVC  $good$

Offline Dave

« Reply #6123 on: March 28, 2015, 10:59:19 pm »
With 2000 people at the Max Boyce concert and 2500 next door to see Simple Minds finding parking was no easy feat ! Just demonstrates that put the right acts on and you'll sell tickets. No reason that it couldn't happen more often if the shows were right.
Max Boyce, with special guest Stan boardman who answered a very late call as a replacement act, was an excellent night out.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #6124 on: March 29, 2015, 08:57:45 am »
Bod Hyfryd Road had reopened this morning.

A fall pipe from the newly finished Travelodge had blown off in last night's winds.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6125 on: March 29, 2015, 11:54:14 am »
  D)Right now Llandudno has a team in the Welsh premier league for the first time,congratulations to everybody who has worked so hard and have now put Llandudno on the footballing map.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6126 on: April 01, 2015, 07:55:55 am »
I see that these concrete rocks are going to be placed on Llandudno's North Shore, if they work well then they will also be used on the West Shore to stop the sand problem.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #6127 on: April 01, 2015, 08:19:24 am »
That's very interesting ME, it's what they used in Llanddulas when they built the A55.   each Dolas has a consecutive number there.     It's a pity they didn't use them on the West Shore instead of importing the sand

Dolosse are normally made from un-reinforced concrete, poured into a steel mould. The concrete will sometimes be mixed with small steel fibers, to strengthen it in the absence of reinforcing. Construction is done as close as possible to the site of installation because the dolosse are very heavy.[citation needed]They work by dissipating, rather than blocking, the energy of waves. Their design deflects most wave action energy to the side, making them more difficult to dislodge than objects of a similar weight presenting a flat surface. Though they are placed into position on top of each other by cranes, over time they tend to get further entangled as the waves shift them. Their design ensures that they form an interlocking but porous wall. However, they are not indestructible. Under extreme storm conditions they will hammer one another and be pounded into rubble

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6128 on: April 01, 2015, 08:30:02 am »
I'm looking forward to seeing them in place, I believe that they will be produced on the site of the old Pier Pavilion, seems like a good use for that location!

Offline FatAndy

« Reply #6129 on: April 01, 2015, 08:51:37 am »
Conwy CBC have announced that in order to combat the problem of sand at West Shore they'll be removing all the sand from the beach and covering it with wooden parquet flooring tiles instead.  They'll be sourcing the flooring tiles from the Homebase closing down sale.
"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

Emo Philips

Offline Hugo

« Reply #6130 on: April 01, 2015, 09:45:51 am »
ME       I'd forgotten what date it was!        :-[

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6131 on: April 01, 2015, 10:10:19 am »
Hugo, great information that you found on them! 😃

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #6132 on: April 01, 2015, 10:36:07 am »
ME       I'd forgotten what date it was!        :-[

Yes and he beat me to it...  :rage: :rage: :rage:
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6133 on: April 01, 2015, 11:00:05 am »
 {}{} $donald$ $3towns$

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #6134 on: April 05, 2015, 08:17:42 pm »
The thickest fog for a long time is currently enveloping Llandudno.