Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2649287 times)

Offline hollins

• Management board member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #6075 on: February 26, 2015, 07:42:03 pm »
This article is in the current Lifeboat magazine.

Offline Gwynant

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6076 on: February 26, 2015, 09:17:57 pm »
      The shingle down that end of the beach is "proper shingle" not imported quarry/building waste like the mid-shore area and the carriage had no problem whatsoever during repeated launching and recovery tests over the shingle banks down to the sand and back.
      The advantage of the new system is that the boat can be hauled back up onto the carriage and then turned around on a turntable system whilst on the carriage and therefore be ready for action again much quicker than the present arrangement.  The boat itself is also powered by a twin-engine jet-boat system and is consequently much faster and more manoeuvrable than a conventional vessel. It looked very impressive on it's trials.

Offline hollins

« Reply #6077 on: February 26, 2015, 09:25:34 pm »
Thanks for taking the time to explain. It must have been very interesting watching the trials.

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6078 on: February 26, 2015, 11:52:07 pm »
Gwynant I watched 2council guys digging the hole for that pole ,whatever you do don,t lean on it because it,s loose  _))* _))* ,even my dog was laughing .so according to the council they are going to re profile the beach again again and again ,until they move all them rocks that slipway will never be used , did you also notice all the rocks are back (kiddies corner )by the pier ,the ones they shifted to the little Orme .

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6079 on: March 10, 2015, 04:44:13 pm »
Can;t believe how quiet things are at the moment,there must be something going on,no rumours,no gossip,something has gone wrong.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #6080 on: March 10, 2015, 06:55:24 pm »
On 20th March starting 0830 there'll be a 93% solar eclipse which will be achieved at about 0930.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6081 on: March 15, 2015, 10:23:16 am »
 :)Great news that Mostyn estates have managed too get the red Arrows for the air show

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6082 on: March 15, 2015, 10:25:15 am »
I heard that the Snooze bar was planning to open end of feb,obviously it has not but maybe not long now.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #6083 on: March 15, 2015, 02:15:40 pm »
:)Great news that Mostyn estates have managed too get the red Arrows for the air show

That should be worth seeing again. Hope the weather is better than last year.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6084 on: March 16, 2015, 08:31:02 pm »
All is quiet in our little town,not a thing going on,no gossip,no rumours,nothing,back to sleep.

Offline FatAndy

« Reply #6085 on: March 17, 2015, 08:33:16 am »
All is quiet in our little town,not a thing going on,no gossip,no rumours,nothing,back to sleep.

Not a thing going on....other than a major international sporting (in the loosest possible terms) event featuring a host of very well known personalities that's being broadcast live on national television.

But judging by the crowd when I tuned in last night it would appear hardly anyone else in Llandudno is aware of this event either.  I'd say about 90% of the seats in the arena were empty. 
"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

Emo Philips

Offline Gwynant

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6086 on: March 17, 2015, 09:43:17 am »
         A digger and a bulldozer are "reprofiling" the shingle around the Yacht Club slipway again this morning. The bulldozer appears to be pushing the build-up of shingle to the north of the slipway back down onto the beach and the digger seems to be digging down to locate the slipway! Also a new working area compound seems to be set up around the Bandstand area as well. The West Shore coastal workings by the Beach Cafe appear to be nearly finished now.

Offline Daihardwelshman

« Reply #6087 on: March 17, 2015, 10:11:57 am »
I am one of those who did not know what was going on in town last night FatAndy...... what was it?? :o

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #6088 on: March 17, 2015, 11:42:13 am »
But judging by the crowd when I tuned in last night it would appear hardly anyone else in Llandudno is aware of this event either.  I'd say about 90% of the seats in the arena were empty.

I think there were a few more spectators than that.

Last night, The Full Monty was on at 7.30pm in the theatre just after the snooker had restarted at 7pm in the Arena.

At 7.10pm there wasn’t a parking space to be found anywhere within 200 yards of Venue Cymru.

For anybody going to either event this week in the evening, I suggest arriving early.

Offline cygnusx-1

« Reply #6089 on: March 17, 2015, 06:17:39 pm »
I paid £8.00 in November for my ticket to the snooker and the arena was 90/95% full......it all started around 7.00 and we left after 11.00 when the last match was finished on the 2 tables.

A full evening of high class endeavour for less than the cost of 3 pints!!