Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2612751 times)

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #6060 on: February 18, 2015, 11:51:27 am »
Interest in Llandudno seems to have fallen asleep since the end of Oscar,nobody seems interested in anything going on,such a shame but thats life.

Offline Cambrian

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #6061 on: February 20, 2015, 08:29:42 am »
I noticed some activity at the former National Trust Offices in Trinity Square late yesterday afternoon.  Looked like people were sizing up and the "for sale/to let" board seems to have gone.

Offline Gwynant

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6062 on: February 21, 2015, 12:57:18 pm »
        Very big tides today, the Pier Head looked very small in the bay. The sea was coming over/through at Deganwy where the repairs are currently being done, just as well that there was no appreciable wind or tide surge.

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #6063 on: February 21, 2015, 01:10:54 pm »
Very impressive photos Gwynant and thank goodness it is a relatively calm day or there could have been much bigger problems.

Offline hollins

« Reply #6064 on: February 21, 2015, 05:06:06 pm »
Super photos Gwynant. The one of the Pier Head looks rather scary.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #6065 on: February 22, 2015, 11:06:20 am »
Yes.

Wonderful but worrying photos, Gwynant.

This is a concern:

"The biggest high tides in two decades could hit parts of the UK coastline later this morning.

The Environment Agency says the annual spring tides will reach the peak of an 18 and a half year cycle which, along with stormy weather, could cause coastal flooding in some areas.

The high tides are the result of the sun, moon and earth aligning in such a way that they combine to create a greater than normal force over the oceans."

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6066 on: February 23, 2015, 07:32:59 am »
Called at the restore our beach shop yesterday,well done to all the volunteers put their time into TRYING to bring CCBC to account.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6067 on: February 24, 2015, 09:34:07 pm »
Trawling through commercial lettings for llandudno and nowhere do you come across the two units below the new Travelodge,i find this unbelieveable.

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6068 on: February 24, 2015, 10:50:57 pm »
Trawling through commercial lettings for llandudno and nowhere do you come across the two units below the new Travelodge,i find this unbelieveable.

Maybe they're already let.
Valar Morghulis

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6069 on: February 25, 2015, 06:54:07 am »
I think they would be advertising and working on them,they are going to be boarded up until let.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #6070 on: February 25, 2015, 07:29:13 am »
Wasn't it announced that Tesco Extra were opening up there?

Offline Gwynant

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6071 on: February 26, 2015, 06:04:53 pm »
           I had a ride down the prom this afternoon and noticed the new build-up of shingle on the Sailing Club slipway after the recent high tides (See attached pics). It mentioned on the Daily Post Blog yesterday that the club might have lost the chance to stage some regattas this coming season due to the slipway not being handed over to the council yet because of "a couple of outstanding snags which normally occur with this type of work". What intrigued me was the appearance of a pole which has been embedded in the shingle in front of the new notice board to the right of the slipway, could it be for the man who is designated to keep the slipway clear to lean his shovel during his tea-break?
                                                                                                                 ?{}?       *cycle*            >?>??

Offline hollins

« Reply #6072 on: February 26, 2015, 06:43:03 pm »
I read that article too Gwynant and was horrified at the contractors comment.
What will happen with the new lifeboat station?

Offline Gwynant

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6073 on: February 26, 2015, 07:18:16 pm »
          Hollins, the new lifeboat which the RNLI has in mind for Llandudno is designed to be launched over sand and shingle banks and has been launched, recovered and tested successfully from the concrete apron and over the shingle on the Craig-y-Don site a couple of years ago. The new FCB2 (Fast Carriage Boat 2) "Shannon" class boat is made of fibreglass and is launched into the sea off an articulated launching carriage, not down a slipway as in Moelfre etc. so all the new building will be is a boathouse and not a launching ramp. 

Offline hollins

« Reply #6074 on: February 26, 2015, 07:28:24 pm »
Thanks for explaining that for me Gwynant.
So would this launching carriage be able to get over the new beach rocks then?