Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2614048 times)

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #5880 on: November 27, 2014, 05:04:25 pm »
We parked in Llandudno for a couple of hours this afternoon and on our return found this leaflet under the windscreen, all the other parked cars had one too! Someone is not too happy!
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #5881 on: November 27, 2014, 05:29:36 pm »
We parked in Llandudno for a couple of hours this afternoon and on our return found this leaflet under the windscreen, all the other parked cars had one too! Someone is not too happy!
I did see some leaflets scattered around on the pavements and in the gutter, think it could have been them. Thought it was a flyer for a band.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5882 on: November 27, 2014, 05:59:59 pm »
Then whoever put them there could be done with littering? Should be on CCTV?
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline jemima

« Reply #5883 on: November 27, 2014, 10:08:57 pm »
Not sure of time, but between 3 and 4 p.m. saw a couple going along Gloddaeth Street, putting these on the car windscreens.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5884 on: November 27, 2014, 11:42:52 pm »
the plot thickens,litter louts ,tell Oscar    oops

Offline Gwynant

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5885 on: November 28, 2014, 08:43:57 am »
             I passed Llandudno ASDA earlier and there were people queueing from the front door down to the staff entrance at the side and shoppers for non-Black Friday items (normal shopping) were being admitted through the Cafe entrance. Inside the store there were queues as well from the front door to the offers and everyone seemed to be pushing trolleys around with 40 in. televisions in them!

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #5886 on: November 28, 2014, 08:49:20 am »
Not sure of time, but between 3 and 4 p.m. saw a couple going along Gloddaeth Street, putting these on the car windscreens.

The flyers were placed as far apart as Gloddaeth Street and Vaughn Street, they were seen by my OH and our neighbour in both places, so some one has been busy !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #5887 on: November 28, 2014, 09:27:34 am »
Then whoever put them there could be done with littering? Should be on CCTV?
I don't think it was the people who placed the leaflets that made the mess, it was car owners throwing them away, I suspect.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #5888 on: November 28, 2014, 09:28:49 am »
             I passed Llandudno ASDA earlier and there were people queueing from the front door down to the staff entrance at the side and shoppers for non-Black Friday items (normal shopping) were being admitted through the Cafe entrance. Inside the store there were queues as well from the front door to the offers and everyone seemed to be pushing trolleys around with 40 in. televisions in them!
It's amazing, isn't it, a form of mass hysteria. We read about how so many people in the country are struggling to make ends meet - a walk in any shopping centre during December will cast doubt upon that!

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5889 on: November 28, 2014, 09:52:45 am »
It's amazing, isn't it, a form of mass hysteria. We read about how so many people in the country are struggling to make ends meet - a walk in any shopping centre during December will cast doubt upon that!

Surely Dave, people queuing for hours etc just to get a discount on an item would indicate people are struggling financially!  ???

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5890 on: November 28, 2014, 09:53:24 am »
on the same topic the amazon site has been down all day

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #5891 on: November 28, 2014, 10:43:42 am »

Surely Dave, people queuing for hours etc just to get a discount on an item would indicate people are struggling financially!  ???
I take your point, its a good one, but people who are struggling financial could maybe do without 40" tvs?  :o

Offline Tom Davidson

• Ad Free Member
  • Daily Post hack
« Reply #5892 on: November 28, 2014, 10:46:03 am »
If you can't get excited about substandard electronics, reduced by a marginal amount, then you don't know the true spirit of Thanksgiving.

...oh no, wait.
After all what is time, a mere tyranny.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #5893 on: November 28, 2014, 10:52:32 am »
If you can't get excited about substandard electronics, reduced by a marginal amount, then you don't know the true spirit of Thanksgiving.

...oh no, wait.
  VV :laugh:  VV

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5894 on: November 28, 2014, 10:54:27 am »

I take your point, its a good one, but people who are struggling financial could maybe do without 40" tvs?  :o

I'd agree but it's Christmas. That could well be a present someone and they are desperate to get it that bit cheaper.