Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2611936 times)

SteveH and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #5865 on: November 25, 2014, 05:19:56 pm »
we all know no other xmas market charges entry,especially just for us to pay for overpriced goods

The best ones certainly don't.  There are odd pockets in some cities where admission is charged but folk always have the option.  The only time we've ever paid was in Berlin, where one place was charging.  The rest didn't and were actually better.

Frankly, I believe it gives visitors a bad first impression of the place.

Given the financing received from all the various organisations listed earlier, combined with the revenue from stallholders (must be £30,000+), I find it hard to believe that any admission charge needs to be made at all. Where is all the money going?

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/watch-llandudno-christmas-fayre-2014-8163248

Pics in the gallery here show the crowds on Sat. ( all at £1.50 each ) No wonder my OH didn't go in..............he hates crowds.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #5866 on: November 25, 2014, 05:44:34 pm »
Driving along Gloddaeth St at 4pm, and there was one of those sunsets which made it look like the sky was on fire at West Shore.
So, I pootled down there, but of course by the time I could drag my creaking bones out of the car, it had subsided a bit.
Still looks nice though!
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5867 on: November 25, 2014, 06:05:35 pm »
Very nice!
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #5868 on: November 25, 2014, 06:47:14 pm »

Pics in the gallery here show the crowds on Sat. ( all at £1.50 each ) No wonder my OH didn't go in..............he hates crowds.

Well, Nem, maybe he could have found a 'back door' way of getting in for free.    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Members, don't worry about understanding that remark, it's an 'in joke', between Nem and I. 

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #5869 on: November 25, 2014, 07:10:19 pm »
Fantastic sunset wasn't it, a really vivid orange at one point.  $good$

Offline Hugo

« Reply #5870 on: November 25, 2014, 08:18:07 pm »
Driving along Gloddaeth St at 4pm, and there was one of those sunsets which made it look like the sky was on fire at West Shore.
So, I pootled down there, but of course by the time I could drag my creaking bones out of the car, it had subsided a bit.
Still looks nice though!

Beautiful photos Fester, have you been having private lessons from a certain photographer?         $good$

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #5871 on: November 25, 2014, 08:47:48 pm »

Well, Nem, maybe he could have found a 'back door' way of getting in for free.    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Members, don't worry about understanding that remark, it's an 'in joke', between Nem and I.

Might have been a bit crowded trying to get in that way !!! :o :o :o :-X :-X :-X
 _))* _))* _))*
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #5872 on: November 26, 2014, 09:26:07 am »
 :o  :laugh:

Offline Gwynant

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5873 on: November 26, 2014, 09:43:07 am »
         As I was cycling past the new Yacht Club slipway this morning I noticed that there is more "re-profiling" going on. There is a van parked on the slipway, a man working with a shovel, (presumably to find where the concrete finishes under the shingle), and another guy with a concrete-cutting saw waiting to start work. At the other end of the prom there was a council lad pressure-washing the shorter jetty, meanwhile on the West Shore Prom the sand is building up at the Orme end of the Paddling Pool, and we haven't had any substantial wind yet this winter..............

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #5874 on: November 26, 2014, 09:51:16 am »
         As I was cycling past the new Yacht Club slipway this morning I noticed that there is more "re-profiling" going on. There is a van parked on the slipway, a man working with a shovel, (presumably to find where the concrete finishes under the shingle), and another guy with a concrete-cutting saw waiting to start work. At the other end of the prom there was a council lad pressure-washing the shorter jetty, meanwhile on the West Shore Prom the sand is building up at the Orme end of the Paddling Pool, and we haven't had any substantial wind yet this winter..............
I also noticed the other day that shingle had covered the lower section of the new Slipway again. The Yacht Club must be fuming!

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5875 on: November 26, 2014, 01:40:43 pm »
Gwynant them two guys are trying to fix the snags ,if you look the council have marked all the bad points and theirs loads ,guy told me weeks ago council won,t hand it over to the yacht club till right ,so until they move all the rocks it will never be any good  _))*,   As for that sand on the west shore that has been like that most of the summer .

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #5876 on: November 26, 2014, 05:25:45 pm »
Broadway Boulevard is going up for Auction on the 10th December, with a Guide price of £500k. Personally, I suspect it will sell for far less.

http://www.auction.co.uk/commercial/LotDetails.asp?A=874&MP=24&ID=874000141&S=C&O=A

Offline Spleen

« Reply #5877 on: November 26, 2014, 07:35:27 pm »
Wasn't that originally valued at around the £750k mark??
'A Brilliant Sense of Atmospheric Changes'

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5878 on: November 26, 2014, 09:16:21 pm »
Great debate on facebook,you know you are from Llandudno when-site all about the xmas lights,so many different views,people saying the town does;nt need lights others supporting Parc Llandudno for not putting any lights or xmas trees up,this is a free  country and we all have are views but i never understand how people don;t see as a tourist and shopping town hat making the town look fantastic over the festive period is a waste of money and time,gobsmacked but like CCBC we must obey.                                                                           

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #5879 on: November 27, 2014, 09:16:41 am »
There's a piece in the Pioneer this week about the Llandudno Development Partnership asking for ideas to improve the town. Some of the ideas mentioned are ones that have been discussed on here before - bring the Victorian Street Lamps along Mostyn St back into use, replacing the Prom Shelters etc. This is all well and good, but the key thing is that there is no way of contacting the Llandudno Development Partnership mentioned in the article! Do they really want the public's ideas and feedback, or is it just a sham consultation to make themselves look good?

http://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/141244/llandudno-development-partnership-calls-for-ideas-to-improve-town.aspx

LLANDUDNO Development Partnership is calling for ideas to improve the town over the next six years.

The partnership will put together a wish list from Llandudno businesses and groups to submit to Destination Conwy.

The last strategy, which was completed this year, includes the swimming pool, railway station, Mostyn Art Gallery and better signing to car parks.

Berin Jones, chairman of the Llandudno Hospitality Association, said he believes the list is good for the town.

He said: “The projects that have been taken on in the past have all been beneficial, just look at the railway station for instance, which is a wonderful asset to the town.
“I hope we can make the next list just as good.”

Ideas so far registered by the partnership include rebuilding the promenade shelters, attention to the North Shore beach, refurbishment of the Victorian street lamps on Mostyn Street and wet weather attractions.