Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2613462 times)

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #330 on: November 27, 2010, 08:53:39 pm »
Cllrs John Ridler and Mike Hold appear to be the Town Council's 'appointees' but I was going to ask does anyone else know who is a member of the group?

Yorkie

« Reply #331 on: November 27, 2010, 09:40:52 pm »
Mike likes to keep in touch with the Deck Chair Attendants hut that he built at great cost!   D)

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #332 on: November 27, 2010, 09:48:41 pm »
Cllrs John Ridler and Mike Hold appear to be the Town Council's 'appointees'

Representation on Outside Bodies - Llandudno Town Council

www.llandudno.gov.uk/representation-on-outside-bodies

Yorkie

« Reply #333 on: November 28, 2010, 08:51:04 am »
Has anyone heard of them doing anything constructive for any of those groups?     ¢¢##

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #334 on: November 29, 2010, 01:04:07 am »
Before the discussion about using this Forum as medium for action descends into oblivion,
I would like to advocate we do a series of POLLS on the subject.
Logically this will gauge the strength of support, and get the general disrection established.

However I am not sure how to set one up, with the voting buttons etc .

Stage 1
A simple YES / NO question .... do you think the forum should be used as a campaign mechanism?

If sufficient voters are seen, go to....

Stage 2
Set out the main options (Xmas Lights, Pier Pavilion etc) to see which one should be the centre of focus.

If the level of interest is deemed to be insufficient, then we settle back into games and quizzes until that fateful day when Dave and Ian have next years bill to pay!
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #335 on: November 29, 2010, 07:38:35 am »
We can set up a poll, Fester, but there isn't the facility to do the if-then option that you suggest.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Yorkie

« Reply #336 on: November 29, 2010, 07:43:49 am »
I think that any action through this, or any other, Forum will be much too passive.  After all it is only words on a Computer Screen.

We need Action in the form of correctly presented Petitions, lobbying of MP's and Councillors and those in Authority.   We need organised Marches, publicity in all the available Media, and if neccessary withholding of Council Tax payments.  In fact any POSITIVE action we can conjour up.

Certainly we can issue the Rallying Cry through the Forum and let it be the avenue of communication but the Forum alone will not achieve what we are all seeking.     $wales   $uk   $eu

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #337 on: November 29, 2010, 01:02:08 pm »
Yes Yorkie.  Thats it exactly.
The Forum in itself can't do anything... but the representatives OF the Forum can, through the actions you outline.
The Forum would then attract a lot of attention in its own right...and the issues could be followed by 'the masses'

Ian, I was only advocating the stage 2 vote 'IF' there were sufficient responders to stage 1.

After all, there would be little point dividing say eight people across five causes.

Fester...

Offline Micox

• Ad Free Member
  • zooooooooot
    • family history
« Reply #338 on: November 29, 2010, 04:55:11 pm »
 ??? Wot's a goin' on? The last entry on page 22 was: "Has anyone heard of them doing anything constructive for any of those groups? " and now we have a chat about rebellion. *&(
Micox

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #339 on: November 29, 2010, 07:08:04 pm »
It must have been colder than usual on the West Shore today because I've just seen a very brief clip on BBC Wales and the water on the beach was frozen!   

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #340 on: November 29, 2010, 09:03:41 pm »
??? Wot's a goin' on? The last entry on page 22 was: "Has anyone heard of them doing anything constructive for any of those groups? " and now we have a chat about rebellion. *&(

Micox, this is because on this thread quite a few conversations can happen simultaneously.... its probably the busiest thread... try to keep up man!  :laugh: :laugh:
Fester...

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #341 on: November 30, 2010, 11:01:39 pm »
Here..(hopefully) is a picture I took at about 3.30pm today from the Orme summit, looking across the Estuary...

Beautiful, but absolutely ball freezing..!!

Fester...

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #342 on: December 01, 2010, 09:09:20 am »
Nice shot, mate.

A fair dusting of snow in the area today, side roads are pretty bad and even the main bus routes aren't great in places.

Yorkie

« Reply #343 on: December 01, 2010, 06:32:31 pm »
My wife and I went up to Grandpa's grave on the Orme and there were some lovely icicle formations around Marine Drive.  The only camera I had with me was my little Sanyo Exacti so I did take a couple of shots.  If they are any good I'll post them on the Forum.  Got to start preping the evening meal now - something warming is the order of the day!                    :D

Offline Blongb

• Management board member
  • I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #344 on: December 02, 2010, 03:05:23 pm »
The Government is hoping Small Business is going to help power the economy out of recession, so it was very refreshing to see Gimberts on the Corner of Mostyn Street doing their bit by giving the town’s shoppers a free, up to date, weather forecast.   
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)