Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2613790 times)

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #5595 on: September 16, 2014, 02:07:17 pm »
“The measure of a great civilisation is in its cities, and the measure of a city’s greatness is
to be found in the quality of its public spaces, its parks and square” - John Ruskin
What a great quote, I wholeheartedly agree.  $good$
I liked it too, but  cannot take credit for it, as I said before "they appear to say all the right things" and this quote is from their "conservation report"    so they know what they need to do, but when.....

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #5596 on: September 17, 2014, 08:53:44 am »
“The measure of a great civilisation is in its cities, and the measure of a city’s greatness is
to be found in the quality of its public spaces, its parks and square” - John Ruskin
What a great quote, I wholeheartedly agree.  $good$
I liked it too, but  cannot take credit for it, as I said before "they appear to say all the right things" and this quote is from their "conservation report"    so they know what they need to do, but when.....
Yes, the problem is that the words in the Report do not match their actions on the street.

Offline Karen and Derek

« Reply #5597 on: September 17, 2014, 11:55:12 am »
Looks like The Parade pub has been given a new name and appears to be have been developed as a wine bar.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #5598 on: September 17, 2014, 02:59:28 pm »
The old Slipway by the Imperial Hotel was being removed today:

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5599 on: September 17, 2014, 06:20:55 pm »
I see arch motors (maesdu rd) have put a planning application in for change of use ,to a convenience store and housing

Offline Jack

« Reply #5600 on: September 17, 2014, 06:29:34 pm »
I see arch motors (maesdu rd) have put a planning application in for change of use ,to a convenience store and housing

That will please those that have complained about Arch Motors and Simpson's Yard for years.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #5601 on: September 18, 2014, 10:06:34 am »
Talks over the voluntary merger of two North Wales councils could be given the go ahead tomorrow.

Councillors in Conwy are holding a special meeting to vote on whether to open discussions with Denbighshire as the Welsh Government seeks agreements to cut the 22 local authorities in Wales.

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/conwy-council-could-open-discussions-7789434

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/denbighshire-council--chief-calls-7732074

Offline SteveH

« Reply #5602 on: September 18, 2014, 10:44:33 am »
Just like to give this group a mention, they do a great job.   $good$

Neighbourhood Watch Shop scoops award

Five volunteers who spend time running the Neighbourhood Watch Drop in Centre in Llandudno were nominated for the ‘County Voluntary Service Council Wards’ category of the High Sheriff of Clwyd 2014 Community Awards and won!
http://www.north-wales.police.uk/news__appeals/latest_news/neighbourhood_watch_shop.aspx

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5603 on: September 18, 2014, 07:46:28 pm »
   Simpson's scrap yard. I would imagine that this business would be amongst the longest standing businesses in the same situation  operating in the same way in the whole of Llandudno.
   It has been there for absolutely years and years. Long, long before any houses were around there. Thats one reason they have always resisted all the complaints about their operation. We were here first, when we were in the middle of nowhere. I personally remember going there for bits and pieces of prewar cars at least 70 years ago.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5604 on: September 18, 2014, 07:50:36 pm »
   And just down the road. Its a long time since anything at all has happened on the chunk of desolate land between the railway station and Builder street, apart from the summer annual fair.
   But --- I spotted a JCB type digger up to something on the site a couple of days ago. Only one, mind you. So don't expect Sainsburys to appear overnight.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #5605 on: September 18, 2014, 08:53:03 pm »
Talks over the voluntary merger of two North Wales councils could be given the go ahead tomorrow.

Councillors in Conwy are holding a special meeting to vote on whether to open discussions with Denbighshire as the Welsh Government seeks agreements to cut the 22 local authorities in Wales.

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/conwy-council-could-open-discussions-7789434

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/denbighshire-council--chief-calls-7732074

So... that is a great example of holding a meeting, to discuss whether they should have some meetings!   &shake&
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5606 on: September 18, 2014, 09:49:45 pm »
   Fester, Surely you as a drinking man has at some time agreed to meet friends in a pub to discuss which pubs they would visit that evening. I know I have.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #5607 on: September 18, 2014, 10:35:39 pm »
   Fester, Surely you as a drinking man has at some time agreed to meet friends in a pub to discuss which pubs they would visit that evening. I know I have.

Yes Mike, but I have never gone to meet chaps in a pub, purely to discuss the feasibility of a later meeting in the pub!
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #5608 on: September 19, 2014, 08:17:08 am »

That will please those that have complained about Arch Motors and Simpson's Yard for years.
Arthur has been trying to sell the place for 5 years at least, but contaminated land issues have always been the problem.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #5609 on: September 19, 2014, 08:20:48 am »
Very misty first thing this morning: