Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2642494 times)

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #5520 on: August 28, 2014, 11:17:20 pm »
start playing smite at the side of your shed it may promote you to no1

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #5521 on: August 29, 2014, 01:10:53 am »
I went out to play SMITE at lunch time and the weather was lovely.

If you're unaware of what smite is - it's a beautiful and addictive game from Cornwall - who's world championships I competed in for the second time on the weekend.
I may not be brilliant at Scrabble and Darts but I can honestly I'm one of the top smiters in the world  $good$

Cornish Smite on Trans World Sport

B2R, I can't even be bothered to click on the link to see what it is,   but whatever it is, I will play you at it... for money!

Mike,  I must congratulate you on that fantastic achievement,  borne out of hard work, resilience, and the natural urge to deliver a good value product to your delighted customers.
You are a lesson to HUNDREDS of businesses in this area.   $good$
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #5522 on: August 29, 2014, 08:26:37 am »
It's also not a little to do with the fact that Mike's a great bloke, who's always smiling.  Great stuff, Mike.  You deserve it!
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5523 on: August 29, 2014, 08:54:57 am »
It reminds me of the stalls at fun fairs where one tries to get rings over similarly shaped posts.   Smite is maybe a little easier!   :D

There is a game pretty much exactly the same as that called Quoits. There's lots of different versions, Evesham Quoits is my personal favourite.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5524 on: August 29, 2014, 08:57:50 am »
I went out to play SMITE at lunch time and the weather was lovely.

If you're unaware of what smite is - it's a beautiful and addictive game from Cornwall - who's world championships I competed in for the second time on the weekend.
I may not be brilliant at Scrabble and Darts but I can honestly I'm one of the top smiters in the world  $good$

Cornish Smite on Trans World Sport

B2R, I can't even be bothered to click on the link to see what it is,   but whatever it is, I will play you at it... for money!

Mike,  I must congratulate you on that fantastic achievement,  borne out of hard work, resilience, and the natural urge to deliver a good value product to your delighted customers.
You are a lesson to HUNDREDS of businesses in this area.   $good$

Any time any place any amount of money you wish Fester $good$ Better if it's not too windy though, don't want you fluking it.

Mike's golf course is brilliant AND really good value for money in this day and age.

Offline white rabbit

• I'm late, I'm late!
« Reply #5525 on: August 29, 2014, 07:55:30 pm »
Well done Mike - you deserve it!!

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #5526 on: August 29, 2014, 11:58:03 pm »
It's also not a little to do with the fact that Mike's a great bloke, who's always smiling.  Great stuff, Mike.  You deserve it!

..... and so say all of us!   $good$ $good$
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #5527 on: August 30, 2014, 11:51:54 am »
A couple of bikes from today's event.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5528 on: August 30, 2014, 09:06:35 pm »
  So you would describe them as bikes. When I was young three wheeled vehicles considerably smaller in width and length were just called 3 wheelers but always accepted as a modified car or van. The only difference I suppose in those days you were covered with some sort of roof over your head, so that might have been slightly higher.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #5529 on: August 30, 2014, 09:35:29 pm »
No not really Mike-- more like pieces of furniture on wheels !
I did go down to watch them all drive past, which was quite spectacular with all the lights, costumes and noise. Some even had the family dogs in trailers, all very smart. Trouble was it threw it down, so I arrived home in rather a soggy state !

Offline cygnusx-1

« Reply #5530 on: August 30, 2014, 10:45:03 pm »
A nice illegal number plate if it went on the road?

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #5531 on: August 31, 2014, 08:33:52 am »
Looking round the town it makes me wonder how many of the cars, let alone bikes, are actually legal ! :o There are some very strange layouts of letters and numbers.

Online Hugo

« Reply #5532 on: August 31, 2014, 09:04:22 am »
The answer is probably that they are not legal but the Police seem to turn a blind eye to the offence.   

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #5533 on: August 31, 2014, 09:32:32 am »
The answer is probably that they are not legal but the Police seem to turn a blind eye to the offence.   
A nice illegal number plate if it went on the road?

From my own experience I can tell you these folk would be picked up very quickly if they were on the public highway.  I was pulled three times in 5 miles on one occasion!

With my car club and also many other motoring clubs, they have what are referred to as "Show Plates".  These are generally only a temporary fix with DS Tape or Velchro, whilst at the show, and come off for normal road use.    :D

Anyone who drove with that plate is just asking for a ticket, which could mean walking home!  :D
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline DVT

« Reply #5534 on: August 31, 2014, 10:44:26 am »
Amazing how many illegally spaced personal plates you see on the road, yet seem to keep driving around.  I'm sure the important part is that it can be read clearly (especially by cameras), and Police may have better things to do!  On those pictured above it's the font that's illegal, which makes them more difficult to read.