Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2613564 times)

Offline Dave

Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #5505 on: August 27, 2014, 10:42:53 pm »
http://www.westminstercollection.com/p-202C/The-LLandudno-First-Day-of-Issue-Postcard.aspx?sn=5&gclid=CKer9vSztMACFa7KtAodXRoA2A

A new stamp coming out soon and a rather odd advert. Free to all residents of Llandudno with just a £1 charge to cover postage (60p?) and packing. It's a postcard, why not just post it !

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5506 on: August 27, 2014, 10:53:10 pm »
I notice that they have put the stamp on the wrong side of the postcard, perhaps that us why they can't post it as it is? I expect that anyone replying will forever get junk mail from Westminster Collection!  ££$
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #5507 on: August 28, 2014, 12:52:08 am »
A little belatedly,  I thought I would show you just how busy the Headstock event was on Sunday night,  a great event.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #5508 on: August 28, 2014, 02:17:54 pm »
Today I monitored the forecast almost continuously and at 1000 it showed heavy rain as imminent, both on the met forecast and rain radar.  It's now 1420 and we've seen nothing.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5509 on: August 28, 2014, 02:46:22 pm »
Well Ian I got wet on the prom at 10 30 only a shower though

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #5510 on: August 28, 2014, 02:53:26 pm »
Yes; a few folk have told me it was raining briefly on the prom. Nothing like as bad as they forecast.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5511 on: August 28, 2014, 03:40:30 pm »
We had a couple of quick light showers around 10.30 to 11.00 in rhos this morning!
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Gwynant

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5512 on: August 28, 2014, 04:12:53 pm »
            Ian, we were out walking on the Orme this morning and you could see the rain squalls coming in over from Anglesey and we got caught twice while walking round the park wall at about 1030 and again at 1115, heavy squalls but they blew through quickly on the stiff breeze. By the time we had come back past the half-way station and dropped in to say hello to Mike on the golf course it was beautiful and we walked back down through Haulfre and Invalids walk to the West Shore where it was very busy on the beach and the donkeys were doing good business as well. It was good to get out walking again after my recent hip replacement and being restricted during the good weather in June and July!

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5513 on: August 28, 2014, 04:14:03 pm »
I went out to play SMITE at lunch time and the weather was lovely.

If you're unaware of what smite is - it's a beautiful and addictive game from Cornwall - who's world championships I competed in for the second time on the weekend.
I may not be brilliant at Scrabble and Darts but I can honestly I'm one of the top smiters in the world  $good$

Cornish Smite on Trans World Sport

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #5514 on: August 28, 2014, 05:59:56 pm »
Looks good fun for everybody, I'll keep my eye out for future events... $good$

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5515 on: August 28, 2014, 09:11:09 pm »
I can see why people get "Smitten" with it (Thought I,d get it in before yorkie did)

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #5516 on: August 28, 2014, 09:16:38 pm »
It reminds me of the stalls at fun fairs where one tries to get rings over similarly shaped posts.   Smite is maybe a little easier!   :D
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5517 on: August 28, 2014, 09:22:43 pm »
it was nigh on impossible to get the rings on to those things, i never saw anyone win.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5518 on: August 28, 2014, 10:21:38 pm »
  Changing the subject, but it is connected to Llandudno.

This is definitely blowing my own trumpet, but I must tell someone. And I am by myself in my flat with my laptop. So who else can I tell?

The golf course is fourth on the list of attractions in Llandudno according to Trip Advisers reviews. I can hardly believe this, but there it is on your computer screen for everyone to read.

The list is highly volatile. One business which was leading me until a week or so ago has plunged to 14th. Because of around four lukewarm reviews.

So I don't know how long this position will last, but for the moment I am shouting to everyone.

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #5519 on: August 28, 2014, 10:42:31 pm »
Well done Mike, you put a lot of effort and hours into what you do so you deserve the recognition.   Next week No 1  perhaps?

&well&          :golf: