Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2613324 times)

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #315 on: November 26, 2010, 03:33:42 pm »
I've no problem with my name on here, it's Andy Jones, Merddin Emrys just sounds so much more interesting  D)
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline suepp

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #316 on: November 26, 2010, 03:57:28 pm »
I don't mind what name people use on here (if we had 10 Daves it could get a bit confusing) but, obviously, we would have to use real names in any communication with outside parties.  :)

Some questions that need answers would be....

1) What problem building/site etc do we choose as the project?
2) What can we actually do to try and resolve the problem?

If I take the Pier Pavilion site as an example -

1) We could ask the local MP, Guto Bebb, to become involved.
2) The new Welsh Assembly member next May should be raring to go, get him involved.
3) Start an online Petition.
4) Start a Facebook page
5) Have a big banner made that said ' This site is a disgrace to Llandudno - Join us if you want to do something about it' and attach it to the fence surrounding the site.
6) Have an 'Eyesore Clock' on a website, that counts how much time has passed since the Pavilion burnt down.]
7) Ask locals and visitors what they would like to see on the site.

Make no mistake though, the Pier Pavilion is a very tricky issue to resolve. A private owner that doesn't want to sell, a Council that doesn't want to use its powers to acquire the site, a WAG that wont have much cash to give grants, and a recession that means private developers will struggle to raise any finance. Not being negative, just realistic.  :)
I agree with all of the above and think there are some great suggestions, especially the Banner!

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #317 on: November 26, 2010, 05:17:18 pm »
I'm told that all buses from Llandudno heading towards Cowlyn Bay are being diverted along the A470 due to snow on the Little Orme/Penrhyn Hill.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 05:40:54 pm by DaveR »

Offline Paddy

« Reply #318 on: November 26, 2010, 06:39:37 pm »
I'm told that all buses from Llandudno heading towards Cowlyn Bay are being diverted along the A470 due to snow on the Little Orme/Penrhyn Hill.

Dave, I went over the hill at 15:30 and it was clear. I came back at about 16:15 and it was bedlam. It took me 25 minutes to get from Penrhyn bay roundabout to the bottom of Craigside. I wonder if it was missed by the gritter?

Yorkie

« Reply #319 on: November 26, 2010, 06:55:50 pm »
It took my other half almost an hour to get from the paddling pool to Penrhryn Bay Post Office.  I thought she'd been kidnapped but I wasn't so lucky!              ZXZ

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #320 on: November 26, 2010, 07:03:22 pm »
I noticed a heavy snow shower passing over the Little Orme at about 4.15pm, must have caused the problem.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #321 on: November 26, 2010, 07:22:24 pm »
 :) It was a heavey hail shower and it did cause chaos. :-[

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #322 on: November 26, 2010, 08:58:19 pm »
Does anybody know what happened to the illuminated car park signs the town was promised and the town center manager. *&(

Yorkie

« Reply #323 on: November 26, 2010, 09:04:43 pm »
I think it was Santa Claus who said he would provide them.   Don't tell me that you still believe in him?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 09:19:01 pm by Yorkie »

Offline Trojan

« Reply #324 on: November 26, 2010, 09:27:06 pm »
It took me 25 minutes to get from Penrhyn bay roundabout to the bottom of Craigside.

Meter wasn't running was it Paddy?  ???

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #325 on: November 26, 2010, 09:32:15 pm »
New use for Mike's Golf Course

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #326 on: November 27, 2010, 04:34:06 pm »
 :weeping: Oh my god i have just made the stupid mistake of going to Iceland foods,the car park was chaos its taken me twenty minutes to get to the lights,i must have mentioned this six months ago,Why oh why the managers of these stores are not going mad i don't know,they have to be losing some customers.The traffic lights on Conwy rd are only on green for 9 seconds causing chaos. :rage:

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #327 on: November 27, 2010, 08:06:16 pm »
Have I missed something in recent times about cycling being permitted on the promenade?

I am just catching up with this week's Pioneer and there is a letter in the Postbag from Edward R Pickering expressing 'thanks for giving cyclists prom rights'.

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #328 on: November 27, 2010, 08:45:42 pm »
I have now found something on the Pioneer's website www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/95431/thumbs-up-for-llandudno-cycling.aspx

I think Mr Pickering gives the impression that it will go ahead - maybe he is being a bit presumptious.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #329 on: November 27, 2010, 08:50:40 pm »
The Llandudno Promenade Consultative Group. Let me guess, the same tired old faces desperately hanging on to the merest shred of supposed power?