Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2612473 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #5370 on: July 02, 2014, 05:21:52 pm »
There's a fine display of Bindweed covering the shrubbery at Bog Island. What has gone wrong with the Parks department?

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #5371 on: July 03, 2014, 10:28:50 am »
Filming going on by the Paddling Pool this morning:

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #5372 on: July 03, 2014, 11:01:45 am »
Kiddies Corner had been well raked this morning.
 Two follow the rabbit plaques on the prom covered by bollards, something to do with them not being  put in properly I read .
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Mikethewatch

« Reply #5373 on: July 03, 2014, 11:07:21 am »
Filming going on by the Paddling Pool this morning:

Filming what, the Telly Tubbies?

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #5374 on: July 03, 2014, 01:24:14 pm »
It's Blue Peter.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Dave

« Reply #5375 on: July 04, 2014, 02:21:25 pm »
I noticed on my walk along the prom today the plaque for little Sophie hook has been taken off ,I hope someone has taken it to clean .

I think the plaque was removed a few years ago, not sure why and by whom but I have always wondered.

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5376 on: July 04, 2014, 02:47:58 pm »
No dave it was there last week ,I touch it every day ,when the guys painted the pool one of them cleaned it up, I hope family have took it to clean properly .it is /was on the outside wall .

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #5377 on: July 05, 2014, 10:51:58 am »
Don't often get as far up as this, but was rather disconcerted to see how overgrown everywhere was. To say that the rabbit plaques are now in place I dread to think what visitors will think.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5378 on: July 05, 2014, 05:35:35 pm »
How that woman that runs the cafe puts up with thaT I DON;T KNOW BUT IT WILL BE HER LOSE,if i ran that buisness i would insist that all 6 gogarth town councillors and both ccbc clls get up there asap and explaIN WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5379 on: July 05, 2014, 06:27:00 pm »
Lets see who cares on here then,the e-mail for the parks manager is lyn.davies@conwy.gov.uk lets hope when he turns up on Monday he has a dozen e-mails telling him about the Heulfre SO CALLED GARDENS.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #5380 on: July 05, 2014, 07:19:31 pm »
Did that first Wrex !! Will keep you posted

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #5381 on: July 05, 2014, 09:16:40 pm »
Bombard the CEO, Iwan Davies, after all he is supposed to be the one in charge.  If enough mail lands on his desk, he may regret taking the post after having had such a cushy job in the Legal Department!   ZXZ
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline systema

« Reply #5382 on: July 06, 2014, 06:41:11 pm »
Been on the new Sapphire bus today and they are a credit to Arriva and Llandudno in general.
Went to Rhos downstairs - pale blue and dark blue leather seats - 3 pin plug - mobile charge plug and free wi-fi to each seat.

Back home and went upstairs to have a look -  on the left hand side the double seats are separated by an arm rest - right hand side there are about 5 single seats each with their own plugs etc.  Never seen such a local bus like this or some airlines.

There were 2 ladies of a certain age (as I am) sat in front of me that wanted to go to Rhos so I told them I would tell them where to get off on the sea-front.  I told them I had pressed the bell for them and as we went round the corner and they said  " that bus driver is brilliant - telling us where every stop is, we don't understand the Welsh bit but he is really good"  I just said - yes they are all like that  -  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Ian

• Administrator
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline systema

« Reply #5384 on: July 06, 2014, 07:48:53 pm »
Thanks for that - my OH is at his mothers for a few days and I told him on the phone how good they are..... and gave him your link.

My OH said he will sit on the bus with his pass with his lap top plugged into there for ever so he can get away from me giving him grief for always being on the net  -  yippee.