Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2612851 times)

Offline Yorkie

Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #5355 on: June 30, 2014, 03:50:46 pm »
White Rabbit must know!  $good$

Personally, I think it is the Jack of Hearts, he is always up to mischief!   _))*

Orf with his Head!   :D
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #5356 on: June 30, 2014, 05:19:17 pm »
Council gardeners are today tackling the overgrown hedges and shrubberies outside the former Tudno Castle Hotel.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #5357 on: June 30, 2014, 05:49:23 pm »
But the 'Alice link' is not even a good story, Ian. The whole premise of the Alice link is that the little girl who was supposedly the inspiration for Alice came to Llandudno a few times on holiday. Wow

And entire world religions have been built on a lot less.  WWW WWW WWW
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5358 on: June 30, 2014, 06:51:56 pm »
Very true Ian!  $good$. Is Alice the new God? Interesting thought!  :twoface:
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline llewelyn

« Reply #5359 on: June 30, 2014, 06:58:55 pm »
One of the worries is the massive stories of child abuse running currently, is this the time to talk about Lewis Caroll. and his links to the town.

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5360 on: June 30, 2014, 10:34:27 pm »
I noticed on my walk along the prom today the plaque for little Sophie hook has been taken off ,I hope someone has taken it to clean .

Offline llewelyn

« Reply #5361 on: June 30, 2014, 11:07:25 pm »
We wont forget, my little niece wanted to have a little tent in the back garden, she doesnt know why I said NO WAY.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5362 on: July 01, 2014, 08:12:44 am »
First section of scaffold is supposed to be coming down today on the Alex hotel,but ive just seen men going up with more poles helppppppppppppppp

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #5363 on: July 01, 2014, 05:37:30 pm »
The weeds are continuing to grow nicely in the shrubbery outside the Broadway Hotel:

Online Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #5364 on: July 01, 2014, 05:59:26 pm »
There must have been around a dozen coaches on the Mostyn Broadway Coach Park today so that view is what all those day visitors will have seen walking into Llandudno this morning and pass again on their return this afternoon.

I notice the floral clock now has plants which will eventually spell 'Llandudno in Bloom'.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5365 on: July 01, 2014, 07:16:03 pm »
Ironic when there are large letters at the bottom of Happy Valley, 'LLANDUDNO' in concrete!  :twoface:
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #5366 on: July 01, 2014, 07:19:23 pm »
"LLANDUDNO in concrete!" Now there's an image to bring the visitors in :-)))
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5367 on: July 01, 2014, 10:04:30 pm »
I noticed on my walk along the prom today the plaque for little Sophie hook has been taken off ,I hope someone has taken it to clean .
  I often think of her when I drive past the swimming pool. I don't think I will ever really get over it. By coincidence I was in Llandudno in those early hours, I was coach driving a crowd of young lads out on the beer and many were missing at 2 a.m for the return. I asked where they all were an someone said oh they are after girls on the beach. When the dreadful news came out the following day I went to the Police and told them about this. And then to add to coincidences three days later I took a coach of bowlers from Penrhyn Bay to the village where the Hook family lived

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #5368 on: July 01, 2014, 11:00:45 pm »
Incidentally,  the grossly overgrown grass verges on the Gt Orme that I mentioned WEEKS ago, have still not been cut.

They look even more terrible than before.

When my next door neighbour enquired to CCBC for it to be dealt with, she was simply told.... ''well, its the cut backs and all that, we can't say when it will be done''

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #5369 on: July 02, 2014, 08:19:49 am »
It was a beautiful day for an early morning walk along the Prom. There was the usual selection of runners, cyclists, visitors having an early morning stroll, a  group of about 20 Jewish women praying by the Slipway and, slightly unusually, a man with a dog strolling along playing a selection of tunes on the bagpipes. He received a round of applause from hotel guests leaning out of their windows to listen.